MT still not healthy (1 Viewer)

Allen doesn't say that in this ~80 second portion of his presser (video is cued at 9:45 below). Does he address Thomas again later -- it's a 38-minute video?

EDIT: Team YouTube videos can't be hot-linked. Open the link in YouTube and scroll ahead to 9:45 to catch the (first?) set of Michael Thomas questions.

Really, Allen is bending over backwards not to give a timetable. Which I can understand.

“We expect him to be fully healthy and ready to go….when that time is (don’t want to speculate), but we feel good about where he’s at”

He may not have said specifically training camp. But the implication was certainly that he is on track to contribute. Could easily be that he doesn’t want to create any sort of timeline for OTAs, minicamps, etc.

Just an observation: Allen has already shown that at times, he has not communicated effectively the relative health of certain players. I now know why Payton kept his lips sealed regarding player injuries/health.

Good lord, people. It's MARCH. This is truly no big deal whatsoever.

Yeah, under any other circumstances, I agree, but not with this player's recent challenges with injuries. I'm hoping for the best, but it wouldn't be the first time a mountain of injuries short-circuited a very talented players' career.

Ya brother, Charlie Jones is like a Jarvis Landry/Hunter Renfrow/Lance Moore/Wes Welker-type. He’s a zone coverage killing chain moving slot WR w/sneaky deep ball & RAC ability. He’s not a big dude, but totally can fill that safety blanket role for Carr.
But, is he a lunch pail kind of guy?

This is one of those non-stories that were pulled from a comment by the coach and stripped of all context and run with by the fans.

He said Thomas isn’t 100% right now. Right now being the operative word.

That’s why Payton never made many comments about injuries. Allen doesn’t say much but he definitely says more than Payton.

This is one of those non-stories that were pulled from a comment by the coach and stripped of all context and run with by the fans.

He said Thomas isn’t 100% right now. Right now being the operative word.

That’s why Payton never made many comments about injuries. Allen doesn’t say much but he definitely says more than Payton.
It's tough, because the press (as essentially the fans' proxy) wants to push for as specific and determinate of answers as possible.

Besides, Allen really doesn't know for sure that Thomas will return on any specific time frame. If Allen says "He'll be back for camp" and Thomas is out, say, though mid-August, all he'll ever be talking about with the press is "Why isn't Thomas back? When's he returning?"

If Allen doesn't commit to a timetable, it's easier for him to hold the press off at arm's length.

Well, there's also the idea that Allen was not totally forthcoming with the press this morning:

Monday, 3/27

Dennis A:
Hey, Mike, how's the toe healing up?
Micheal T: So close now ... gotta be 90% now. I can run & cut and all, just have to ice the foot for a little while afterward to relieve the soreness.

Tuesday, 3/28:

Reporter:
How's Michael Thomas doing?
Dennis A: He's not at 100% yet.

Hey, a fan can dream, right?

Well, there's also the idea that Allen was not totally forthcoming with the press this morning:

Monday, 3/27

Dennis A:
Hey, Mike, how's the toe healing up?
Micheal T: So close now ... gotta be 90% now. I can run & cut and all, just have to ice the foot for a little while afterward to relieve the soreness.

Tuesday, 3/28:

Reporter:
How's Michael Thomas doing?
Dennis A: He's not at 100% yet.

Hey, a fan can dream, right?
i really hope so. and he turns back into 2019 MT.

odds are against him. but man how nice would it be to have 2019 MT and a 2nd year olave all healthy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom