MT still not healthy (1 Viewer)

Patience. I’m 100% ok with this. Dude has had a rough go with this injury. If the wheels fall off after this attempt, then there will be tough decisions to make.
Won't be tough at all, if you don't come back this time you're outta here. Availability is more than ability sometimes. He probably didn't have toe surgery until last week. Just hope the new contract has some outs in there. Cedric Tillman or Jonathan Mingo in the draft and let's move on.

Shaheed is the real deal!

I’d love CGM to be back, but WR isn’t our Achilles heel at the moment. 🤔

:gosaints:

Without MT, contested catches were at a pitiful 39%. It's still a huge Achilles heel without a healthy MT. They will be able to win games with just Olave and Shaheed. Just not a lot.

I know Michael Thomas won't get the benefit of the doubt here, and with good reason.

However: Allen's statement "isn't 100% healthy" could mean a range of things here. Is Thomas ~90% healthy now (maybe the toe is still sore after workouts) and fully expects to pass a physical on April 21st? Or can Thomas not even light-jog yet and is in actual peril of failing next month's physical?
Also, to note, he was texting Carr saying he couldn't wait to get to work with him. Doesn't sound like a guy that's a long way away.

I'm thinking more like Rashid Shaheed and Josh Downs/Zay Jones could realistically use those snaps.

Worst Case: WR1 Olave, WR2 Shaheed, and WR3 Downs by themselves would be a problem for the whole league.
Not in any way. The saints need that big, sure handed guy over the middle in traffic. They do. Or have him, and haven’t had him since Thomas was injured. You really can’t run an offense without that guy

Patience. I’m 100% ok with this. Dude has had a rough go with this injury. If the wheels fall off after this attempt, then there will be tough decisions to make.
the decision wouldn't be tuff at all, CPM

So I guess this is why we got such a team friendly contract. He couldn't take his services elsewhere because he isn't healthy. Maybe not enough to pass another team's physical. We got a good deal and he gets to get healthy, show out and maybe cash in next year.

MT is an idea at this point. Hope is a 4 letter word.

Id like for the guy to come back to something of what he was. But people need to take off the B&G glasses for a minute and look at this objectively. He is a 30 year old WR that has missed 40 of the last 50 games, hasnt been healthy in nearly 3 years - since week 1 of the 2020 season, and still isnt healthy. I hope nothing we do personnel wise takes into account MT being a contributor. If he contributes, let it be a complete bonus. But we cant count on him in any way, shape or form.

I hope nothing we do personnel wise takes into account MT being a contributor.
On the contrary -- I think this is why the Saints have rolled the dice on 24-year-old Bryan Edwards. Who won't be close to prime MT, but Edwards can at least fill the X role from a physical standpoint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom