MT's take on the Romo deal is something. (2 Viewers)

MT’s missing a piece of the bigger picture. Announcers and color guys like Romo can keep viewers tuned in even if the game is bad or the talent is lacking. A guy like Romo keeps tv numbers up improving the profitability of the league and subsequently the revenue shares negotiated by the players. On top of all that, a guy like Romo can offer a player like MT a higher profile than he inherently would have as a Saint so he can better negotiate branding deals. If it weren’t for the best sportscasters, the only teams that would be seen on tv would be those with built in global fan bases like the Cowboys and Raiders regardless of how well they’re performing in a given year.

I don't see the problem. Better players get payed more. But if there is a limit that os their real value. If the cap increase enough to hit that limit then more money will go to the rest of the players. Also, if they get the same percentage of the cap but the cap increased they will get more money. If cbs pay a billion to Romo that's a sign that the salary cap is too low.
Not sure why this is even a thing. Romo's deal comes from CBS, NOT the NFL. Has nothing to do at all with the salary cap, or how much money is available for players.

Romo is NOT a player. It isn't even an apples to oranges comparison. It is like comparing apples to pizza (or more importantly, tacoes). CBS pays money to the NFL for broadcasting rights to the games. If they weren't paying Romo, it is not like they would just turn that money over to the NFL. It is CBS's money, and they think that more people will tune in to games (which will make them more money) with Romo as a broadcaster.

I also don't like how he says he's going to get paid again soon...

I already see a Julio situation where he's wanting to re-do his contract every season if he's not the highest paid

I also don't like how he says he's going to get paid again soon...

I already see a Julio situation where he's wanting to re-do his contract every season if he's not the highest paid
i mean if hes catching over 150 receptions a year with over 10ds and over 1500yards kinda hard not argue if he wants to be paid more in 2 years

i mean if hes catching over 150 receptions a year with over 10ds and over 1500yards kinda hard not argue if he wants to be paid more in 2 years

When he's already making 20 million a year, while simultaneously complaining about other guys not getting paid enough (because he's making 20 mil), yes it's pretty easy to argue.

the players are not now and have never been the personification of intelligence. the few bright bulbs are drowned out by the ignorance of the many.

I hate these labor disputes because it usually shows the ignorance of the players whom we all love.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom