MT's take on the Romo deal is something. (2 Viewers)

NAw I just saw the info on another site .... I wasn't aware of the full link.
I think MT is just plain wrong.

It's called the market and capitalism and CBS thinks he's worth that much.

Just like the Saints thought MT was worth $20 million.

And CBS is still making a boatload of profit on his telecasts, otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to this deal.

I wish they give Romo's work more context. He isn't just some guy announcing football game. He established himself as the best NFL analyst in only 2 years. If you're the best. You get paid the best. It's an nba situation. It's easier to high pay 8 announcers. Crew than it is to pay 1500 activity football players and retirees.

Give me the pay of all the announcer. Felt Thomas intentions are a little misguided

MT's take is baffling to me, and just plain wrong.

Romo's contract doesn't take one dime away from any NFL player, and has nothing whatsoever to do with a CBA.

MT's monster contract, as much as it is deserved, takes away from every other player on the Saints. Because he is paid so much, there is less money for other players. I didn't see any other players protesting Mike's contract, and am really amazed that MT would take offense to Romo's.

His take is not embarrassing. Romo deservers to earn as much as CBS or other network think he is worth but in the case of NFL players, how much they earn depends directly of the salary cap. If CBS is paying Romo that much, they gain a lot from the nfl and if the nfl pays so much to cbs, then they probably gain so much that, maybe, the salary cap for the players is too low. They need to fight for better contracts in the next CBA if they think they should be payed more. Right now it's not just free market that is deciding how much players get payed.

MT's take is baffling to me, and just plain wrong.

Romo's contract doesn't take one dime away from any NFL player, and has nothing whatsoever to do with a CBA.

MT's monster contract, as much as it is deserved, takes away from every other player on the Saints. Because he is paid so much, there is less money for other players. I didn't see any other players protesting Mike's contract, and am really amazed that MT would take offense to Romo's.
The only thing taking away from other players on the saints is the small salary cap.

I liked Romo the first year when he called plays and last year I think he was told to tone it down. I assume people can’t be shown how simple the game of football is. Thomas however has no concept of the situation. Does he not have any investments and realize it’s another job or career? Wide receivers are the biggest divas of the NFL. Worse than Qb’s and CB. We all can probably rattle off 10 wr’s that are playing now that are diva’s.
I hope Thomas is told we love his play and work ethic and he deserves as much money as possible however I’m afraid he is going down a slippery slope of ego.

The only thing taking away from other players on the saints is the small salary cap.
Correct, but even if they raised the salary cap, there will still be a handful of players that command a large share of the cap (which limits the amount available for other players).

There is NO cap on announcers. They could pay Romo a billion dollars, and it would have zero impact on any NFL player. MT might as well be complaining about Jim Parsons making $26 million per year on The Big Bang theory (I looked up high paid actors). Has nothing to do with player salary.

Correct, but even if they raised the salary cap, there will still be a handful of players that command a large share of the cap (which limits the amount available for other players).

There is NO cap on announcers. They could pay Romo a billion dollars, and it would have zero impact on any NFL player. MT might as well be complaining about Jim Parsons making $26 million per year on The Big Bang theory (I looked up high paid actors). Has nothing to do with player salary.
I don't see the problem. Better players get payed more. But if there is a limit that os their real value. If the cap increase enough to hit that limit then more money will go to the rest of the players. Also, if they get the same percentage of the cap but the cap increased they will get more money. If cbs pay a billion to Romo that's a sign that the salary cap is too low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom