Mulled Wine (1 Viewer)

I don't even know what mulled wine is.

This is also really good, no alcohol in this one

you need to like rosemary because the flavor is strong in this

Last edited:
i've drunk gluhwein since a kid (eurofamily)

still love it, lately prefer white to red

made several batches of both during the holidays, yum
can you share the recipes you use?

can you share the recipes you use?
no real recipe for me, but you can start here and adjust

for red i use inexpensive shiraz/syrah; for white i use sauvignon blanc

goodies are the same for both, adjust to your taste: whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, honey for sweetener, orange/tangerine juice and zest, apple juice

heat on lowest flame until very warm, (usually 20-30 min) but not too hot or you'll burn off all the alcohol :(

i strain out the junk (or not) and rebottle/refrig any leftovers, add an orange or lemon slice if you're feeling sporty

prost!

Never done it with red wine, I have done it with mead though and enjoyed it but it's not something I would do all the time.

This weekend will be the first mulled wine batch of the season

It's going be in the mid 70s today but temps supposed to drop a lot by the weekend

Starting with my old standby but I have like 4 or 5 different variations I'll be trying

Mulled Blackberry Cider will be next

no real recipe for me, but you can start here and adjust

for red i use inexpensive shiraz/syrah; for white i use sauvignon blanc

goodies are the same for both, adjust to your taste: whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, honey for sweetener, orange/tangerine juice and zest, apple juice

heat on lowest flame until very warm, (usually 20-30 min) but not too hot or you'll burn off all the alcohol :(

i strain out the junk (or not) and rebottle/refrig any leftovers, add an orange or lemon slice if you're feeling sporty

prost!
Do you put any brandy in it?

I was thinking about making a batch this weekend and the recipes I see say add brandy.

This weekend will be the first mulled wine batch of the season

It's going be in the mid 70s today but temps supposed to drop a lot by the weekend

Starting with my old standby but I have like 4 or 5 different variations I'll be trying

Mulled Blackberry Cider will be next
Unrelated, I will be making my Christmas eggnog tomorrow so it has time to mellow.

Maybe I'll put on some Mariah. :scratch:

Do you put any brandy in it?

I was thinking about making a batch this weekend and the recipes I see say add brandy.
yes

1/4 to 1/2 cup (if I'm making a double batch, which I will be)

Recipe I use, usually double it

Ingredients​

Instructions​

• Add wine, cider, honey, orange zest and orange juice to a Dutch oven or similar large pot and stir to combine.
  • Add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer gently for 30 minutes; do not let the wine boil.
  • Stir in the brandy. To serve, ladle into mugs and garnish with an orange slice and cinnamon sticks.

Unrelated, I will be making my Christmas eggnog tomorrow so it has time to mellow.

Maybe I'll put on some Mariah. :scratch:

A few years ago I made a batch of Alton Brown's Eggnog and it was in the fridge for over a month

It was delicious

Haven't made it since but think I should this year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom