Multiple Reports: NFL test run on Draft was a train wreck. (1 Viewer)

Actually, the opposite has been reported.

It started with a minor hiccup because of muting issues. Then once they worked through that, it was smooth.

Virtually everyone who has used these video platforms has experienced these issues. I hate Goodell. But I’ll give him a pass on this one. Hopefully they got all the kinks out on the trial run.

...they aren't going to go to each team live and announce the draft, are they? I get the draft on TV normally is on a massive delay so they can get jerseys made and all the production. But they can do a modified delay that isn't quite as long. Let them tell the NFL and the NFL can tell ESPN or Fox or whomever.

Actually, the opposite has been reported.

It started with a minor hiccup because of muting issues. Then once they worked through that, it was smooth.

I can't get the link to work. Is that ironic or appropriate? :hihi;

Maybe they took "Burrows" instead of Burrow.

Ever do a fantasy draft where you take the wrong Smith?
That would be awesome. What if cinci accidentally takes Burrows, the next 22 teams don’t realize that Burrow is still available, so at 24, Burrow is still sitting there and the Saints can nab him because they’ve talked to Orgeron enough to know his real name?

we can sugar coat it all we want, but this has all of the signs to be a major cluster.

i can't wait!
Exactly! We are talking about an League that can’t keep its Wonderlic scores private. Also don’t underestimate Bill Belichick’s hacking abilities.

"Train wreck" even if OP is being a loon, is exactly why you do test runs. Then, look at all the experts here.

Even if the draft is a "train wreck", that's television baby.

One thing about internet . especially if you have kids .My son was playing on his PS4 in a group chat and some kid did a packet dump to my home network causing it to go down immediately for about 15 mins and this can go even longer. . My son told me that they use a program to identity users Ip address and send a boat load of packets to your internet service provider. This is illegal... Just wanted to share this if you dont know about it...coaches make sure your kids are not playing games with someone who likes to jam internet access..

Yeah, that's called a DDOS attack. It's a pretty low level attack that anyone can do. Basically shuts down your internet. Happens to streamers all the time. It's the biggest threat imo.

I don't think hacking into computers to see pick or delivering picks to the NFL will be a problem (you can always call it in). The issue is the conference between coaches to make decisions can be shut down by low knowledge trolls.

IMO they shoulda' just used the Madden platform.. look, I did this for years as a commisoner, and had it nailed to-the -letter, your on the clock, you make the pick, trades, moving up, moving down, pauses for commercials, next.. yeahok, so you do a live-cast with the player you chose, good, do that via skype or whatever, but the point is, the platform is there to do it, it's so ez it's not even funny.. they should've just had EA update the entire draft-class, sent out the invite to all the REAL GM's, and just roll with it... smh.. these guys are doin' it from home for chrissakes... I mean if NASCAR can run these I-races (virtual, aka NASCAR-Heat), then why can't the NFL take note and do the same ??.. it's too simple.. I'd LOVE to be the draft consultant for the NFL .. they're thinking wayyyyy to hard about all this..

NW.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom