Murphy and Lasco (1 Viewer)

Gonna be tough cuts to make. None of the RB's looked overwhelmingly better than the others. O-line looked bad though.

As much as I like Hightower and how he stepped in for us last year, Lasco gives us everything that Hightower does outside of veteran leadership. Plus he plays special teams (and well). Lasco makes Hightower, Murphy and Cadet more expendable, although I don't see all of them gone.

I think if Tommylee Lewis can handle the return duties, you'd probably see Murphy gone given his fumble issues. That might give Hightower and/or Cadet an opening to stay on the roster or Payton the chance to keep someone else that he likes at another position.

Spiller isn't going anywhere guys. He'll get at least 12 touches/gm this season. Dude is gonna be a weapon in this offense now that he's healthy. You didn't see much of him because the staff is taking it easy with him.

Lasco may make the team due to his special team plays, he is a tough runner but also a dang good s.t. player , Tommylee also is playing for a spot if he keeps this up thru preseason it will be hard to cut him.

I know I am in the minority, but Ingram "creates less with more" than any RB on the team and always has. To me, he has held back playing time for better players (and ultimately lead to really good RBs moving onto other teams).

I know he was a 1st round pick, and I know he's a good guy... but for what he's paid.... he might be the 3rd (at best) most talented pure runner on the roster. (Behind Hightower and Spiller)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not here to bash Ingram. I think he's definitely a solid player, and I want him on the team.

I am just keeping asking myself... how much longer are we going to lose really good RBs on this team because of his presence (I.e. Robinson and Ivory).

After watching Spiller in limited action last night. I thought he looked fast, powerful, and quick on his few touches.

Again, I know I am in the minority... but I'd like to see Spiller be the every down RB for this team (If healthy) and have Ingram as the 3rd down RB picking up blitzers and running screens and draw plays against nickle and dime defenses. Otherwise, Ingram is going to cost us another really good player this year (again).

Red thumb away fellas. :D

Murphy has shown flashes and looks exciting, but isn't consistent. He's had a year to show consistency and it's just not there. He's FIRE when he's on though. I'd like to see TommyLee catch on. He looked ok last night...maybe he'll improve. Side note: TommyLee is FAST. I didn't even see him on that Jet Sweep when they went for two! I just saw the snap and then we were in the endzone!

Lasco is awesome. He's fun to watch and is a good hybrid runner. He can be that 3rd down guy but also runs with power. Dare I say it...kinda like PT? Oh, and he knows that he's going to have to make the team through special teams so he is beasting there. Couple that with his RB play and I think he makes the team. I was sold on Hightower as the #2 to Ingram but I think Lasco might beat him out. Does Hightower play ST? I assume not..

Coleman = Toon. He had a chance but it just hasn't clicked. Or maybe he's just not getting enough opportunity? He's definitely shown some flashes. The problem is we don't have anyone else with his size. But do we need it if we have Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Lewis, Fleener, and Hill? Maybe not..

And here was another pleasant RB surprise: Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!

I think he sticks around. :)

I know I am in the minority, but Ingram "creates less with more" than any RB on the team and always has. To me, he has held back playing time for better players (and ultimately lead to really good RBs moving onto other teams).

I know he was a 1st round pick, and I know he's a good guy... but for what he's paid.... he might be the 3rd (at best) most talented pure runner on the roster. (Behind Hightower and Spiller)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not here to bash Ingram. I think he's definitely a solid player, and I want him on the team.

I am just keeping asking myself... how much longer are we going to lose really good RBs on this team because of his presence (I.e. Robinson and Ivory).

After watching Spiller in limited action last night. I thought he looked fast, powerful, and quick on his few touches.

Again, I know I am in the minority... but I'd like to see Spiller be the every down RB for this team (If healthy) and have Ingram as the 3rd down RB picking up blitzers and running screens and draw plays against nickle and dime defenses. Otherwise, Ingram is going to cost us another really good player this year (again).

Red thumb away fellas. :D

Oh god.. This again :rolleyes:

Oh god.. This again :rolleyes:

Like I said, I'm not some Ingram hater. I'm not bashing the guy. He's solid, but he's also inconsistent IMO. He belongs on the team. But in what capacity, and at what ultimate price, and at what expense to other players?

I question his playing time and use mostly.

I also ask myself... If he wasn't a 1st round pick and Heisman winner... would he still get the touches and loyalty he gets from the coaching staff over other players?

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask based on what we have seen since he's been here, and who we have let go to keep him at what he's paid.

I'd argue that Cadet is pretty good out of the backfield. Serviceable as a returner. I've been trying to rid of him for years. I thought maybe we would give Lasco a chance to return kicks at some point but guess not. Also wasn't too impressed with Hightower last night. Thought Spiller would get more playing time than he didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been critical of Cadet over the years and I still view him as "just a guy," but it seems the team trusts him and he knows his assignments. He is also nothing special, but "sound" in the passing game.

That said, I think we have already seen the best of him and I'd rather give the younger backs a shot - Lasco and Murphy. Both offer more playmaking upside. Cadet just doesn't possess that special gear to break long plays or do anything "special" that you see out of other good backs.

I think Hightower is the odd man out as well. He's the guy we'd least regret moving on from. Seems like a pretty average RB - that's not a bad thing, it is just that he is in that "dime a dozen" mold and we have options with more upside. Lasco could be more than adequate in his role and potentially special, given his size and speed, not to mention his special teams prowess.

RB

1. Mark Ingram
2. CJ Spiller
3. Daniel Lasco
4. Marcus Murphy

WR

1. Brandin Cooks
2. Willie Snead
3. Michael Thomas
4. Tommy Lee Lewis
5. Anyone but Brandon Coleman

Like I said, I'm not some Ingram hater. I'm not bashing the guy. He's solid, but he's also inconsistent IMO. He belongs on the team. But in what capacity, and at what ultimate price, and at what expense to other players?

I question his playing time and use mostly.

I also ask myself... If he wasn't a 1st round pick and Heisman winner... would he still get the touches and loyalty he gets from the coaching staff over other players?

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask based on what we have seen since he's been here, and who we have let go to keep him at what he's paid.

Ingram is the man
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom