Murphy and Lasco (1 Viewer)

I think Lasco is good enough to co tribute immediately in terms of talent and where he is right now compared to will he potentially be week 7 once he's acclimated to proactive and gameday experience as opposed to a Hightower who pretty much is a insurance player Incase Ingram gets nicked up, Lasco by week 7 could be a better option than Hightower by that time.

Hightower only serves one purpose at his age and if he can't do that one thing, there's no reason to keep him around. Good story and all, but good stories don't always win games.

I'd much rather keep Lasco.

I agree. And I'm not sure Coleman will make the team this year...

Cut Hightower now so there is less preseason film on him in hopes of no one else signing him. Then keep him on call incase some of our RB's go down. But if you wait and he has a good preseason then his chances of getting picked up are greater.

Kind of mean there, bro

Hightower only serves one purpose at his age and if he can't do that one thing, there's no reason to keep him around. Good story and all, but good stories don't always win games.

I agree. I had thought that Lasco was a speed guy, that would compete with Murphy and Cadet, but he's bigger than I thought he was, and not only has speed but can run with power. He's not competing with Murphy and Cadet as a 3rd down kind of back, he's competing with Ingram and Hightower. And I'm always gonna go with the 23 year old, over the 30 year old RB, any day of the week.

Lasco is a keeper.

Same here. Hightower is a solid dependable back, but what he gives you in the aggregate is mediocre and he's a known quantity. You can see what the peak of his powers is, so to speak.

Its going to be hard to cut Lasco, because he will definitely catch on somewhere if we do. The scouting reports on him suggest he doesn't have the vision to be an effective NFL back, but I'm not so sure. This might be an Antonio Pittman/Pierre Thomas situation. I hope we keep him and Murphy.

Spiller played well today don't know why that's so hard to admit

Who said he didn't? :idunno:

All I am saying is that if both Murphy and Lasco are on the team, it means either Hightower or Spiller isn't. I would be shocked if we keep 5 backs. Ingram is a lock, which means if we keep both young backs, there is only one spot left.

Lasco will stick, he was a drafted player this year

He also played well on STs and is more dynamic runner than Hightower

Cadet has been off and on this team and never really does anything spectacular

I think we have to keep Lasco on the 53. His talent comes through, even jammed up by an under performing OL. A few more weeks with Brees should make a screen monster out of him.

Tomylee is a dynamic player that should also make the 53. He has a good juke, and enough lower body strength to break tackles. It appears that Payton is toying with using him as a return man. I think Payton is trying very hard to justify keeping him.

Lasco will stick, he was a drafted player this year

He also played well on STs and is more dynamic runner than Hightower

Cadet has been off and on this team and never really does anything spectacular

I'd argue that Cadet is pretty good out of the backfield. Serviceable as a returner. I've been trying to rid of him for years. I thought maybe we would give Lasco a chance to return kicks at some point but guess not. Also wasn't too impressed with Hightower last night. Thought Spiller would get more playing time than he didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiller played well today don't know why that's so hard to admit

For real. We're finally getting to see healthy CJ Spiller. And what we're seeing looks pretty damn good to me, albeit very limited action. He showed that he can cut and just take off, which is what he was missing last year and just ran out of bounds instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom