Murphy Oil Closing NO Office, Moving 100 to Houston (1 Viewer)

Send 'em a POSTCARD, C. Ray!

i don't know what is going to have to happen before someone with city administration figures out some way to keep businesses that are already there.

Attracting new ones is easier, when you can keep at least one or two.

Why Houston?
They could hit really hard by a Hurrican as well. I never understood the consolidation to Houston.

Houston could get hit hard too, but not have the same type of flooding problems as NO. And, there's so many oil companies in Houston, it's easier to find employees experienced in the oil industry.

I doubt it was C. Ray's fault. They are going to owe billions when the litigation is finally finished. They were just doing some CYA.

As you may already know, Chevron has decided to close their New Orleans Operation and move it to Northpark in Covington.

Joe

I doubt it was C. Ray's fault. They are going to owe billions when the litigation is finally finished. They were just doing some CYA.

Not saying it's C. Ray's fault. i wouldn't imbue him with the power to drive business away singlehandedly just because of the things he says. oh. wait.

What i'm referring to is the needlessly flip attitude he had towards businesses which warned that they would need to depart the area if something wasn't done to house and insure and school and doctor their employees. To this, C. Ray uttered some foolishness to the effect of, "Well I'll send em a postcard."

With two hospitals operating of eleven pre-storm, insurance rates poised to skyrocket if nobody in Baton Rouge or Washington stops them, and C. Ray badmouthing "evil landlords", i'm less than enthusiastic up here in DC Work Camp.

Good riddance, IMO. Murphy tried to screw a lot of people in St Bernard Parish. Of course them moving their headquarters doesn't help, and I am sure theat a lot of good people will lose their jobs, but I severely dislike Murphy Oil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom