Murray a downgrade? (1 Viewer)

He got those stats via longevity, as you pointed out Deuce is the only other running back to come close, and Deuce was a much better running back with a far less talented team around him then Mark Ingram ever had.

And by no means am i being disrespectful, or should we start talking about the years long fumbling problems, the inablity for most of his carrier to get pas 1 yard in short yardage situations. The calls in may a game prior to 2017 to get him off the field as he was a liability.

He earned the stats by grinding away at them, he was not the focal point of the offense.

I disagree. They both played 8 seasons here. Mark played in 9 more games and had 100 fewer carries. Deuce had 20 career fumbles to Mark Ingram’s 15. And the fact that mark did what he did while not being the focal point of the offense makes it all the more impressive.

I hope concerned Who Dats can give Murray a chance. We will all miss MI, a lot if just for his locker room presence alone. MI is almost always smiling and happy people are people we want to keep around us. It will be hard for me to let him go emotionally.

I may be very wrong about this, but I encourage you to give Murray a chance. If the $4 mil per year savings helps us afford quality DT, TE or OL, and Murray provides anything near what I expect of him, we will still miss Mark, but these transactions may be our key to the SB. I trust in Coach Sean and Ireland

Of course, we have no choice but to 'give him a chance'....I think the FO made a huge mistake, maybe we can understand why they did, but a mistake nonetheless IMO....

I think you're selling PT short. PT played 8 years for the Saints. Ingram played 8 years for the Saints. PT played in 105 games. Ingram played in 106. Ingram has better numbers but he also received far more carries. And from a receiving standpoint PT was clearly the better of the two.

Loved PT, would never sell him short. But I don't think he was that much better as a receiver, I think a few on this board sell MI short on his receiving skills.... PT clearly wasn't in the same class as MI in pass protection...I would also say look at MI's last full 3 years...that is some serious upward trending stuff, he is clearly a different back now then he was early in his career....he should have retired a Saint IMO...

He got those stats via longevity, as you pointed out Deuce is the only other running back to come close, and Deuce was a much better running back with a far less talented team around him then Mark Ingram ever had.

And by no means am i being disrespectful, or should we start talking about the years long fumbling problems, the inablity for most of his carrier to get pas 1 yard in short yardage situations. The calls in may a game prior to 2017 to get him off the field as he was a liability.

He earned the stats by grinding away at them, he was not the focal point of the offense.

It's almost like you haven't been watching the Saints offense the last 3 years, they have never had a single focal point. To say MI was not A (not the only mind you) focal point is folly, from 2015 -2017 he averaged almost 1400 yards from scrimmage a year....all the while splitting time with other backs, especially in 2017 with Kamara....all the while being absolutely stellar in pass protection. I'm not sure what else the guy has to do....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom