Murray a downgrade? (1 Viewer)

exactly, hence my point. Mark Ingram, as great a person i think he is, hasn't done anything in this offense that Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Tim Hightower, or even Julis Jones hasn't done. Running back are successful in this offense because of off the offensive scheme, not because they are "good power backs". Its elusive backs like Deuce, Thomas, and Kamara that have the most success.

Mark Ingram is 90 yards away from leading saints history in rushing yards behind deuce McAllister. And leads saints history in rushing touchdowns. All with 100 fewer carries. And none of those players you mentioned ever hit 1000 yards. That’s just disrespectful

Mark Ingram is 90 yards away from leading saints history in rushing yards behind deuce McAllister. And leads saints history in rushing touchdowns. All with 100 fewer carries. And none of those players you mentioned ever hit 1000 yards. That’s just disrespectful
Well, those backs he mentioned were part of a 3 RB committee for the most part. MI didn’t have to be part of a 3RB committee for the past 2 years. Being that AP was traded pretty early in the year. Less backs=more touches. I’m only referring to your 1,000 yard comment

I understand everyone getting hyped about Murray but I'm just being honest. I'm not too impressed by his running style. He isn't even close to the power back that Ingram was. His cuts are slow and lack burst and tends to get turned sideways. I hope his game translates well to this offense I just wasn't overly impressed by his highlights from last season. If I'm wrong, great all the better for our team. If anyone else has watched his game more than I have please share your opinion.
His YouTube highlights don't do him Justice haha

Murray is a downgrade. But he’s not as much of a down grade money wise (3.6mil) as what Ingram is reportedly getting (7.5-8m) per year

Murray is a downgrade from Ingram. If Ingram was our lead back, I'd be worried. But Ingram... as great as he was for us... was a role player. That role can be filled 100% by Murray.

I've said it before. Ingram is not irreplaceable. We just didn't have a better or adequate alternative option on the roster. Wil Murray measure up? Remains to be seen. My instinct is he'll do fine. But we are going to learn more heavily on Kamara, Taysom, and I'd bet anything we will look to the draft to find someone else.

I understand everyone getting hyped about Murray but I'm just being honest. I'm not too impressed by his running style. He isn't even close to the power back that Ingram was. His cuts are slow and lack burst and tends to get turned sideways. I hope his game translates well to this offense I just wasn't overly impressed by his highlights from last season. If I'm wrong, great all the better for our team. If anyone else has watched his game more than I have please share your opinion.

Agree. Don’t see how anyone would be hype about that signing. Adequate back, but not as good as Ingram or several other starting backs around the league.

Well not that it means as much now that there are pro stats.
Murray had better times and stats at the combine.
Faster 40
3 cone
Shuttle
More bench
Better long jump
All that at 230lbs.
I'll miss Ingram.
Less fumbles in NFL.
We will see but as sad as I am I am hopeful.

People are upset ☹️ Ingram is moving on but to think the front office got it wrong with Murray is laughable simply because I believe people want to believe his signing was kneejerk and not well thought out....because Payton and Co never have a plan...(sarcasm off)

I did not see any good things out of Murray last season. For some odd reason they went to him over Cook on 3rd/4th and short on what felt like hundreds of times. He was stuffed 70+% of those runs. But then again, that Minnesota OL was atrocious for most of the season and the playcalling was equally as bad. Cook, who I view as a top 10 RB in the league, was not much more efficient on a per rush basis.

Murray is average. But having two premiere NFL rushers was never something that could last forever. I’d like a rookie late in this draft. There’s always a good power runner to be had on Day 3. Think Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard, Alex Collins, etc..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom