Murray and Hill (1 Viewer)

There was zero indication that we would be successful running behind our o-line today. They were beat soundly the entire game at 3-4 different position on each snap. This doesn't lead to running success. The only way I think we could have changed the theme of this particular turd of a game was to play Taysom at QB for a significant amount of snaps because he's fast enough to run away from that d-line and roll out of the pocket. Neither Drew or TB were going to be productive in the jail break situation happening on 50% of plays. This is what bad offense looks like and why there's an entire generation of busted 1st round picks that never got to settle down and learn the position.

There was zero indication that we would be successful running behind our o-line today. They were beat soundly the entire game at 3-4 different position on each snap. This doesn't lead to running success. The only way I think we could have changed the theme of this particular turd of a game was to play Taysom at QB for a significant amount of snaps because he's fast enough to run away from that d-line and roll out of the pocket. Neither Drew or TB were going to be productive in the jail break situation happening on 50% of plays. This is what bad offense looks like and why there's an entire generation of busted 1st round picks that never got to settle down and learn the position.
Kamara averaged 6 ypc. They never committed to getting Murray going.

There was indication it was just ignored.

Hard to get into a flow when 6 times our defense stops them only to get bailed by questionable and phantom flags. Another 25 plays they were handed at minimum. That’s almost a whole quarter of time possession they were gifted.

Hard to get into a flow when 6 times our defense stops them only to get bailed by questionable and phantom flags. Another 25 plays they were handed at minimum. That’s almost a whole quarter of time possession they were gifted.
It's hard to talk about the facts, TOP, 3rd down eff, penalties killing drives, etc when all you want to do is whine about the same thing every time your team loses.

Cook IMO played his tail off also, so I would include him in that category. Maybe even Harris, but nobody else.
I would have to put TQS into the "played well" category, based solely on that amazing catch. I have no idea how he held on to that ball. I thought that was the moment the game would turn around for us*. I thought his drop before that was a poorly thrown ball (if I remember correctly) and didn't see him targeted much beyond that.

* Spoiler alert: It wasn't.

It's hard to talk about the facts, TOP, 3rd down eff, penalties killing drives, etc when all you want to do is whine about the same thing every time your team loses.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a factor. I realize that most of those penalties were legitimate. What about Apple getting elbowed in the throat in front of a reg?

We lost the game, as hard as we could possibly lose a game. Not sure that the Dolphins could lose a game that badly. But still, I would truly like to know how evenly the penalties were applied. Did Atlanta truly play that cleanly? Were we TRULY that sloppy? The answer may be yes - but I sure would like to know.

Everybody disappeared on the sidelines. They were wearing camouflage!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom