Murray has to be the gameplan this week. (1 Viewer)

Who is the 3rd back? Murray and back #3 should carry the load. Maybe some fullback runs too. I'd like to see Ginn or Lil Jordan contribute as well. I am in the minority here, but I think the Bears are more reputation than actually ability. Yes, they have some ballers, but I think we more than match up with them. NO by two scores.
yea the raiders seemed to handle their vaunted defense pretty well

We just need to go 100% with Murray. We saw him in the screen game. We see flashes of him in open space. Go into this game with using Kamara as a decoy moreso than a weapon. You'll get some good gashes with Murray.

Payton has been getting a better feel for how to use Cooks and Murray every week. Murray got some wheels. He gets to the 2nd level. He's gone. It's time for a mini breakout game for him while Kamara is hobbled.
Exactly what I said to a buddy yesterday. We still could use Kamara on the field as a decoy. This would upset all of our tendencies when he is on the field and help later in the year keeping teams guessing more.

Not to take the Bears lightly, and I don't disagree with anything you said, but I looked it up and 2 of their 3 wins were against a 1-5 team and 2-4 team. I'm not any more nervous about this game than I have been about the others. It looks like a potential defensive slugfest, for sure, which fits right into the style of football we've been excelling in. The key will be not turning the ball over. I do think the O will struggle, but as long as we can play smart, we should be okay. I'm sure Payton will have a good plan. Just have to hope everyone is on their game.
That's the thing that worries me most about Murray. He runs too high, so straight, that he and that ball he's carrying are a much bigger target area that someone who runs more compact.

I wish the old 1-2 would come back, with Murray primary and Kamara playing Joker. We really had something going with Ingram and Kamara. They wore defenses down, and had them talking to themselves.

Kamara runs too violently to be primary. He used to take 1-2 big shots a game, but this year he's getting whacked too much. :covri:

I wish the old 1-2 would come back, with Murray primary and Kamara playing Joker. We really had something going with Ingram and Kamara. They wore defenses down, and had them talking to themselves.

Kamara runs too violently to be primary. He used to take 1-2 big shots a game, but this year he's getting whacked too much. :covri:
I have to agree. He's a little too small to be the featured back - or, I should say, to be getting the ball more than 14 times a game running up the gut. He's a powerful runner, but he's not a Mark Ingram, to take all that punishment.

yea the raiders seemed to handle their vaunted defense pretty well

And that was supposedly Mack's "Revenge Game". The outcome of this game will rest with our O Line. If they keep TB clean, we should have this!

Murray should have been more involved since game 1 imo. Gets two touches the first game and one is a TD. I know Kamara is an insanely good talent and he had the hot hand for a few games but cmon. We got Cook and Murray because they are worth it. I feel like the Kamara injuries (certainly the knee) was due to CSP being stubborn.

I feel like it kind of hinges on our O line. If they show up the way they have the last two weeks I feel pretty good about our chances. If its more like Dallas, then we could be in for a long day. And I'm not taking anything away from that great Dallas front, I just think that we were not hitting on all cylinders and it wasn't any one guy.
I think the biggest inconsistency with oline... Isn't the oline.

Brees adjust blocking and protection and he helps the line a lot. Line are playing without that extra help.

Teddy just does the play as it called, because he has so little experience in the system compare to Brees.

I think the biggest inconsistency with oline... Isn't the oline.

Brees adjust blocking and protection and he helps the line a lot. Line are playing without that extra help.

Teddy just does the play as it called, because he has so little experience in the system compare to Brees.

Bingo, and he also directs the WR's according to what the defense is doing. I've said it before, Drew is the best OL and WR coach on the team.

I believe we will see the Saints have Taysom take at least one shot downfield on a RPO... if he hits on a splash play, it could go a long way in deciding how the game turns out.
I'll be honest... The thought of Hill doing the option just seems like a bad scoop and score turnover waiting to happen.

I think Hill would be better used as a receiver or ball carrier.

I'll be honest... The thought of Hill doing the option just seems like a bad scoop and score turnover waiting to happen.

I think Hill would be better used as a receiver or ball carrier.

RPOs are scary, but Hill has those strong hands, maybe I worry too much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom