Murray & Kamara rushing stats vs 49ers (1 Viewer)

DahnVill

Guess which one is me!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Murray had 7 carries, all of which gained at least 6 yards.

Kamara had 13 carries, only two of which gained more than 3 yards (with the big one being that hurdle play).

Murray certainly appears to be the better running threat at this point and the line appears better suited for straight ahead run blocking than any of the outside stuff that we try. I get that you have to keep the defense off balance, but surely there comes a time where you just stick with what's working until the other team can stop it?

Coulda woulda shoulda, but I hope Payton learns from this one.

I said in another thread that I truly don't understand why we didn't run the ball more in the fourth quarter. I know AK is great and all but its just not there at the moment.

Sean won’t be happy with that fumble...
Especially, one so critical.

Ingram found a cozy spot in Sean’s doghouse for the same.

Time to ride the hot hand. Nothing wrong with them being on the field at the same time too. Line Kamara up as a receiver more as he will always draw attention and let Murray work in the backfield
The lack of this is what has surprised me. There were a couple of plays where they both lined up in the backfield Sunday, one of them being a handoff to Kamara that went for a short gain.

I was sad when we lost Ingram but Murray has showed he can get it done. Kamara is still injured. Murray should be getting most of the carries.

Murray certainly appears to be the better running threat at this point and the line appears better suited for straight ahead run blocking

I would disagree there. Murray has been better for us all year and proven it on multiple occasions. I believe McCoy is very suited for an interior run game in a way that Unger was not. It's a big upgrade we can use to our advantage.

Only thing I can ever guess wondering this myself is that SP believes Alvin can hit the homerun play on any given down where as LM is more a pounder. Coach just doesn't have the patience for 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Murray was pounding the 49ers which should have become the plan, esp after Cook went down. The power run game is there for this team if they would utilize it. They could cut the opposing teams TOP immensely by running the ball, not to mention the pounding on the other team. The pound game was the one thing that was neutralizing Bosa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom