Murray vs. Queen - Gronk Edition (1 Viewer)

brickfish

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Let's say Murray and Queen are both on the board, and now you know you'll be facing not just O.J. Howard in Tampa, but Gronk as well. You'll need big LBs to cover those guys. Does this give the edge to Murray in the draft due to his size?

Pencil in that 1 against us a New Career high as well.
No doubt. The League will send us to the great pirate ship for the first MNF game, so we must play the Brady-Bucs with no tape, and in the following week we must play the 49ers after they get a long week to rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: VDK
No doubt. The League will send us to the great pirate ship for the first MNF game, so we must play the Brady-Bucs with no tape, and in the following week we must play the 49ers after they get a long week to rest.
Followed by road gm @ ATL & then a bye week..

Back on topic somewhat: What if KM & PQ are off the board? Should we go after Z. Braun?

Murray has the size, Queen has the coverage skills, so it seems a wash.

Plus, Gronk will probably play 8 games as a Buc (1 against us) before more injuries take him out.

I'm no scout, but I listened to Deuce Windham and Ellias J. Williams podcast last night and they were talking about this very thing. They didn't seem to think size was an issue in coverage. But, they did say that while Queen is clearly the more polished LB in zone coverage and has great instincts in zone, Murray is better in playing face up in tight man to man coverage. They also noted that the Saints play a lot of man to man coverage with pressure on 3rd downs so it's possible that for things like covering a TE in man on third down or covering a back like McCaffery on swings out the the backfield, you really want Murray.

But they did say that either would be a very good pick in the first round. Sounds like it just depends on the kind of LB the Saints want and how they want to play defense against TEs and RBs. I'll add that I would expect that if Gronk can actually be Gronk again, they will use P.J. Willaims or CGJ to cover him rather than a LB when possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom