music and photo management (1 Viewer)

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know we've talked about this before, but I wanted to get a survey on what everyone is using to manage their music and photos... I just bought a new laptop and I'm going to use this time to organize everything... I'm not opposed to re-ripping my music either.

I've got Vista Home Premium (so far a little annoying), and I'm going to make it dual boot with Ubuntu linux (potentially I'll use the Mythbuntu distro).

Ya know, I've been going back and forth with programs for music organization and media playing. I've settled lately on Winamp. This is mostly because of the winamp remote function, which allows me to stream my music through the Wii in the living room. It's got good features, is customizable, and relatively easy to use. That said, I find it annoyingly slow at times.

For pictures, I've been using Picasa from Google.

Thanks, I've never actually seen winamp, but someone else i know uses it...

I've got an ipod, so i could always keep using itunes, but I like messing around with stuff from time to time..

Thanks, I've never actually seen winamp, but someone else i know uses it...

I've got an ipod, so i could always keep using itunes, but I like messing around with stuff from time to time..

Winamp supposedly has a plug in to communicate with an ipod.

If by annoying, you mean those prompts asking you if you want to do what you clicked on to do then I agree, it can be disabled though. makes it a lot less annoying.

Winamp has been a standard for ages. good little proggie.

I just use Windows Media player for tunes. iTunes for our ipod on the vista laptop I have, and an old copy of photoshop for images. I tend to keep things simple though. Oh, and my advice is, if you can do it, put everything or a copy of everything on an external drive.

Lost files do not rock your face.:hihi:

Give Media Monkey a good look. If you are used to iTunes, you'll be able to pick up MM pretty quick. It also supports all iPods and the latest Beta version supports iPhone and iTouch.

Lightroom for pictures, hands down. It's great because it works well with Photoshop, and doesn't ever mess with the the original. It is also set to back up once a week to an external, so I don't have to worry about that either.

As for as music, I'm still looking for a solution. I used to use winamp, but I'm been trying to get used to WMP 11 since my 360, to stream to my stereo. I find it very flakey though because my music never appears right on the 360, I can't get it to work right. I've tried using the Media Center way (XP MC 2005) and now I'm trying the little function via WMP 11, to extend to the 360. Does anyone have any better ways to accomplish this, like via winamp, or anything other/better than WMP?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom