Music That Touches You (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This morning I was watching a video by the Santa Clara Vanguard Drum & Bugle Corps. Due to the pandemic, they are not touring (no drum corps toured in 2020 and only a limited number participated in 2021). The name of the music in this production is an original piece called "Wait for Me". I found it to be a beautiful and moving piece.

It got me thinking about other music that's moved me. The same song may be moving to me at some point in my life, but less so (if at all) at other points.

What music has touched you? Moved you? Got you up and dancing? Brought tears to your eyes?

Cool idea. All of my contributions while having personal meaning to me would seem trivial in this thread without the connecting story attached. I can't think of many songs that touch me because of their innate beauty besides maybe

And still I wonder if this song was so endearing because of the moment in this movie (which is why I used the movie clip).

Cool idea. All of my contributions while having personal meaning to me would seem trivial in this thread without the connecting story attached. I can't think of many songs that touch me because of their innate beauty besides maybe
That is at the heart of this (and the Best Song) thread.

The connecting story, while you do not have to state it, is almost always a required element. The music I put in the OP is original with no lyrics and I just heard it for the first time this morning. But there is a story. Several, in fact. The tone and the melody happened to bring a few together at the time I was listening and I was moved.

Okay so Into the Mystic was the song my wife and I did our 'first dance' to at our wedding (great live band).

And I do agree that Perfect is really well done - it's got "it" that reaches you, excellent melody and content. I also like Castle on the Hill by him.

This song by Pinegrove always gets me. It's somewhat unremarkable through the verses and chorus, but that Coda, damn it's good. "When this is over . . . " After it's over, I usually have goosebumps.

Every time. It's funny, its attached to my wife and I losing a close friend for me. She had Alabama Shakes on her turntable when we got to her apartment and we put it on to pack her stuff up but ironically it was not the album with this song. Still when I hear this song I am drawn back to that time though it has begun to evolve past that as well.

This one always gets me because it makes me think of my daughters. Not because they're in a similar situation, but just the idea of them growing up and the hope that they have a happy and fulfilling life. It doesn't hurt that Sara Bareilles has one of the most incredible voices there is.

I'm not even sure I can get past the first verse on this one. This was the father/daughter dance for my youngest's wedding. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

posted this previously on some other thread, but Eddie Vedder’s rendition of this Warren Zevon “farewell” song always makes me tear up. Not a huge Vedder or Pearl Jam fan, but he nailed it.

Original version from when Warren was struggling to complete his final works while battling Mesothelioma.

Last edited:
Because of daughters, this one always gets me too...

Was coming to post this because of my little girl, who is now 16. Additionally, I’ve been emotional because of my boy as well - he started his senior year of high school last Thursday. I remember holding him on the day he was born like it was yesterday -almost 18 years ago. Time flies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom