Must have vinyl (1 Viewer)

Was acousticsounds helpful?

that place was intimidating! I enjoyed browsing, but I think it caters to a higher end clientele than me. There was a lot of stuff I had no idea what they were talking about.

But it's got a ton of stuff to look through!

that place was intimidating! I enjoyed browsing, but I think it caters to a higher end clientele than me. There was a lot of stuff I had no idea what they were talking about.

But it's got a ton of stuff to look through!

They have turntables that I think are 10 grand! I just know they sell vinyls so if I'm looking for one I'll check them out.

They have turntables that I think are 10 grand! I just know they sell vinyls so if I'm looking for one I'll check them out.

yea... I thought I had a nice little turntable.

After that site, it felt like I bought one of these:

Fisher-price-record-player-wind-up-music-box-toy_grande.JPG

Robert Johnson’s “The Complete Recordings“ is obsolete (for general listening) since “The Centennial Collection“ was released in 2011. It has one or two more tracks, plus it has far better sound quality.

If you want to get into jazz a little more, you could throw in:

The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Blues and Roots
Mingus Ah Um
(all by Charles Mingus)
Blues in Orbit (Duke Ellington)
Brilliant Corners (Thelonious Monk)
Out to Lunch (Eric Dolphy)
The Complete Hot Fives and Hot Sevens (Louis Armstrong) (probably a huge set on vinyl, though)

Thanks for the note about the Robert Johnson album.

I was really looking forward to Pet Sounds a lot, and it didn't disappoint. Listening to it on vinyl was incredible.

Sloop John B is the only song that Brian Wilson didn't write, and yet it still fits so thematically well with the rest of the album. 13 musicians crammed into a tiny studio came up with that. The sound was incredible... I listened to the song on my system and then on my headphones, immediately after.

Listening to it on headphones while watching the rain fall on the NASCAR track was cool.

It's such an incredible album.

Need to get some Meters in your collection! They sound great on vinyl; especially the old pressings. Not cheap though.

So, it's been a couple of months since I started this thread, and the collection is still pretty small I know. But we are still using it every single day just about. Absolutely love it. Still working on getting some of the titles that y'all have listed, but here's an updated a couple months in:

IMG_2275.jpg

So, it's been a couple of months since I started this thread, and the collection is still pretty small I know. But we are still using it every single day just about. Absolutely love it. Still working on getting some of the titles that y'all have listed, but here's an updated a couple months in:

IMG_2275.jpg
You don’t have to lay them out like that, you can just put them in a milk crate
If you don’t have one you can usually find some behind the K&B

You don’t have to lay them out like that, you can just put them in a milk crate
If you don’t have one you can usually find some behind the K&B

Big Lots sells what I assume you are referring to as milk crates. Also, aren't they layed out for the picture? I've never listened to any of my vinyl's but I did know you want to keep them standing up. I literally have no room for my vinyl player.

Big Lots sells what I assume you are referring to as milk crates. Also, aren't they layed out for the picture? I've never listened to any of my vinyl's but I did know you want to keep them standing up. I literally have no room for my vinyl player.
*stares blankly*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom