MVP and Drew (1 Viewer)

In 2011, Drew had 833 more yards, a 2.9 better completion percentage, and 1 more TD (though with more attempts). Rodgers had 8 fewer interceptions and a 11.9 better QB rating. Rodgers received 48 of the 50 votes. I get that Rodgers had a crazy year in 2011, but so did Brees, and the voting certainly should have been closer.

Also Drew was sacked 11 times less than Rodgers and fumbled 1 time while Rodgers fumbled 5. This always ticked me off when they would bring up the INT's but never mention Rodgers turning it over other ways. So it was Rodgers with 11 turnovers to Brees 15.

Also had the Saints managed to pull off that first win both teams finish 14-2 and pretty sure Brees would have been the one that won the award but not in a landslide like Rodgers.

Also Drew was sacked 11 times less than Rodgers and fumbled 1 time while Rodgers fumbled 5. This always ticked me off when they would bring up the INT's but never mention Rodgers turning it over other ways. So it was Rodgers with 11 turnovers to Brees 15.

Also had the Saints managed to pull off that first win both teams finish 14-2 and pretty sure Brees would have been the one that won the award but not in a landslide like Rodgers.

Or, even if the Saints went down in a fight in Week 1, perhaps the Saints should not have lost to bad teams, Bucs and Rams. That aspect always seems forgotten in the "robbed" season.

i couldn't care less about MVP or Pro Bowl. Brees' career will be defined by his actual statistical achievements. while he's still playing, i don't care about these either. hardware is the only thing that matters.

We were at the 18 down 8 and ran three plays. Ingram was stopped at the one as time expired if I remember correctly. I would say that's "going down in a fight"

Thanks for the red thumb. My point was had the Saints not lost to bad teams and matched the 15-1 record, Brees could also have had a mich better shot. Of course everyone knows they went down in a fight, made a furious comeback, and Brees matched Rodgers that night.

Thanks for the red thumb. My point was had the Saints not lost to bad teams and matched the 15-1 record, Brees could also have had a mich better shot. Of course everyone knows they went down in a fight, made a furious comeback, and Brees matched Rodgers that night.

Even if they went 15-1 I think it would have went to Rodgers. "He won the head to head!!"

Never mind that it was the defending champions home opener which I think are still undefeated in that game since it's been moved to Thursday nights. Actually just looked it up and looks like Eli and the Giants screwed that up. :hihi: so 12-1 and that was a Wednesday night game so yeah 12-0 for the defending champions on the Thursday Night NFL Kickoff.

At any rate like I've said in other threads for Brees to win MVP it will have to be a 16-0 season where he throws for 5,500 yards and 50 TD's even then I could see them saying yeah but Sam Bradford set the completion % record AGAIN this year, he should probably get it...:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom