MVP (1 Viewer)

Watertaco

Very Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, how does Drew not have a MVP under his belt by now? I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson have gotten MVPs before Drew....and I thinks it's obvious that Drew is better than both of them.

When will he get his chance at MVP?

Honestly, how does Drew not have a MVP under his belt by now? I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson have gotten MVPs before Drew....and I thinks it's obvious that Drew is better than both of them.

Rodgers and Peterson where without a doubt the MVP's in the years they won.

However Drew was without a doubt the league MVP the year we won the Superbowl but because Peyton Manning made the Superbowl then he wins by proxy! :covri:

You're not comparing a qb to a rb right?

Anyway the year he deserved it he gor robbed (seems to happen frequently in NO sports anyway) and that's that. Only another big run with a very good record (and less turnovers) will give him an mvp i suppose

Rodgers and Peterson where without a doubt the MVP's in the years they won.

However Drew was without a doubt the league MVP the year we won the Superbowl but because Peyton Manning made the Superbowl then he wins by proxy! :covri:

Peterson may have deserved it, but it's extremely (emphasis on extremely) debatable about Rodgers.

AP deserved it this year, he won it and rightfully so. I honestly thought he was going to get robbed like Drew did in our SB year.

Drew should of won it twice, our SB year and the year Rodgers won it. Not to say that Rodgers wasn't deserving, he was, but Drew should of won it because of the record and more importantly what Flynn did in that late season game against Detroit i believe it was, breaking the single game record for the Packers. Anytime you're surrounding cast and a back up qb break your single game record and not your "mvp" qb... If there is someone who is close to you in the stats the other guy should win. In this case Drew breaking a however many year record.

Bottom line, it's a popularity contest, i was actually stunned they gave it to AP this year. For Drew to win, it's going to take him absolutely destroying the competition. If Brady, or Manning is even close to him he will lose.

I will settle for a couple more SB mvps... I'm sure Drew would too.

This topic is brought up at least 5 times a month.

This year's MVP no doubt belonged to Peterson.

Brees was robbed twice. 2009 he out played Manning, lost to the golden boy. 2011, lost to Rodgers despite nearly double his stats.

Brees can't win an MVP because he's always up against the golden boys. Even when we have a good season they'll say how Manning or Brady and Rodgers is better than him. he's always the last in line to them.

Thank god Manning didn't win another MVP this year. They got it right with Adrian Peterson who literally carried that team all year long as their only offense.

It's not that important, IMO. And it won't make a difference 5 years after he's been retired.

60 touchdowns 0 interceptions. 6000 yards passing. He still wouldn't win it. That's all the bias against the saints

as long as drew keep doing what drew do who cares about mvp, but he does have a sb win i will take that and be happy.

How will it look when Drew gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, and doesn't have an MVP, but Manning, Brady, AP, etc. do?

It won't look as bad bc of all of the records that Drew has and will end up with. He could statistically end up as the greatest passer of all time. Also, he brought the snake luck bitten city of New Orleans a title. His resume will look AMAZING even next to Manning, Brady, etc., if not better.

Drew has done what no one before him has. Drew will beat the best of the best when it counts. But he has to work on his performance against the bottom feeders. That's is where he loses the MVP.

I agree. Peyton should not have won that year; it should have been Drew. I wasn't nearly as upset when AP won this year as I was when Rodgers won. His backup set a Packers' record by throwing for 6 TDs and over 500 yards in one game. Aaron was shown up by his backup, Flynn. How can you be league MVP when your backup plays better than you do? Granted it was only one game, but Rodgers still hasn't broken Flynn's record.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom