My 1st (and not last) trip to the Big Easy! (1 Viewer)

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully this will not be too long but here goes...
I went to leave Omaha at 1045 am but my flight was delayed and eventually cancelled so I missed my connecting flight out of Atlanta.. I finally got out of Omaha at 5pm and was rerouted to Memphis and then from there to NOLA. I got to NOLA around 1030 pm which by then I was too tired to go out so I crashed out for the night. ( Orbitz was the way to go)

Saturday morning I wake up and go to iHop in Westbank near my hotel and then grab a cab and pick up my game ticket at the StubHub outlet in the lobby of Homewood Suites on Poydras... after that.. I followed the crowd to the tailgating party(s) over around Lafayette and S Rampard , I believe.... all I have to say is what an awesome time, people were so friendly and appreciative for tourists. I can't tell you how many times people were surprised to hear I flew in from Omaha to cheer for my Saints.

Partied till about 2pm and then followed the crowd towards the dome. Found my seat ( sect 619 row 25) and had to sit next to two cardinal fans but it was pretty cool as they were razzed but every Saints fan was classy in their treatment of visitors, which made me even more proud to be a Saints fan. Unlike Bears fans who we all know are a bunch of *******s. Anyway.. the game was great.... seats were good.. fans were fantastic..I noticed everyone stayed for most of the game until about 5 minutes left.. then people started bailing out... me,, I stayed for the whole game and even afterward.. walked around the 400 level to a bar there and listened to the post-game conference ..

after that.. I went out gate A exit onto poydras and followed the crowd to the Quarter.. 3 local guys "adopted me" for the night and took me under their wing and took be all over the Quarter/ Burbon Street Anyone notice the Hummer totaled on Canal Street?) oh.. we went and watched Bobby Hebert at some bar doing a radio post game show , which was cool.

We ran the gauntlet thru the "rainbow flagged" area of Burbon Street and went to ( amoung 10 other bars) some bar called the Gold Mine" which was a blast and I wound up with two very pretty blonde gals to dance with till about 3 am then took a taxi back to my hotel.. Sunday morning/afternoon watched the Dallas beat-down in the lobby of my hotel then took a cab to the Airport..I will say that I was surprised that there was only 1 tv behind the bar at the Jester bar and grille in the airport terminal and about 40 people were trying to watch the Jets game.. which i was able to finish watching on the flight to Houston. From there, caught my connector flight to Omaha and got home around 1130pm.. all-in-all it was a fantastic trip.. cannot wait until next year to do it again.. sorry if this was long but I just had to let you NOLA people know that you guys know how to bring it! Who Dat! baby!

Last edited:
Glad you had fun. You're welcome any time. :)

YES! The Gold Mine lives on....did u get to spin the wheel or have the opportunity to do a "Dr. Pepper Shot"?

Glad you had a great time. This city is pretty fun.

Glad you had a great first trip down. Be sure you have more time to spend down here next time!

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Goldmine is a great bar/club for after hours off the beaten path that not too many tourists know about. They always play great music and make a mean Flaming Dr. Pepper. My kind of night. Too bad you couldn't seal the deal with the two hot blondes. Then you would have never left Nawlins, lol.

wow...

Looks like a great time. How did you become a Saints fan?

I'm not really sure... it was 1975( i was 11 years old then) and I just thought they looked cool.. later on I kind of thought they would eventually get better... after Bum Phillips took over in 1980 I thoought alright we're going to get better... then when Jim Mora took over I thought we'd really get better (unfortuneatly we were in the same div. with Joe Montana/49ers) after that.. it was too late.. i'm in it for good now.... and now that Payton/Brees are here to lead us to the promised land I don't want to be left out , win or lose... I will always be a diehard fan!

Sweet. I was not far from you in section, 620. You made it to a great game, one to remember for sure. I found spirts were high, people were very well behaved overall, especially towards cards fans. I was very proud of what I saw. The crowd stayed very loud. I've heard the peaks were not as loud as some before (Patriots), but believe me, you are splitting hairs. It was loud.

I'm gonna bring it next week as well. I don't care "if" we get behind, I will scream till I can't scream no mo. Which should be somewhere on Bourbon street.

:aargh2:

trust me...

As an aside, I've always wondered if the bars in that area put Saints games on their TVs during games, or if the clientele prefers to stick with dance videos.

I didn't stop to ask.....my new found friends told me to look forward and keep moving.. no problem...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom