My 2021 favorite draft prospects likely to be available for the Saints (1 Viewer)

QB

Mac Jones (Rd 1)
Kellen Mond (rd2)
Davis Mills (rd 3-4)

Offensive Lineman

Spencer Brown (rd2)
Samuel Cosmi (rd2)
Quinn Minerz (rd2-3)
Alex Leatherwood (rd2-3)
Dillion Radnuz (rd 2-3)

Slot WR

Elijah Moore (rd1)
Kadarius Toney (rd1)
Amari Rodgers (rd2-4)
Jalen Darden (rd3-4)
Rondale Moore (rd2-3)
Cade Johnson (rd4-6)
Dwayne Eskridge (rd4-5)
Marlon Williams (rd 5-7)
Austin watkins (rd5-7)

Boundary WR

Terrace Marshall jr (rd1)
Dyami Brown (rd 2-3)
Semi Fehoko (rd 2-3)
Johnathan Adam's Jr (rd2-4)
Warren Jackson (rd4-6)
Jacob Harris (rd-2-4)
Frank Darby (rd 4-5)
Tamorrion Terry (rd2-3)
Ihmir Smith-Marsette (rd3-4)
Anthony Schwartz (rd3-5)
Josh Imatorbhebhe (rd4-6)

Running Back

Kenneth Gainwell (rd2-3)
Demetric Felton (rd5-7)

Tight ends

Zach Davidson (rd 3-4)
Pat Freiermuth (rd2)
Hunter Long (rd2-3)
Jalen Camp (rd4-5)
Tommy Tremble (rd3)
Brevin Joseph (rd3)
Quentin Morris (rd 4-6)
Shaun Beyer (rd 6-7)

Defensive Tackles

Osa Odighizuwa (rd2)
Levi Onwuzurike (rd2)
Davion Nixon (rd2)
Isaiah Loudermilk (rd4-5)

NT

Johnathan Marshall (rd1-3)
Milton Williams (rd2-3)
Christian Barmore (rd2)
Bobby Brown III (rd2-3)

Ends

Greg Rousseau (rd1)
Azeez Ojulari (rd1)
Carlos Basham Jr (rd1)
Joe Tryon (LDE) (rd2)
Joshua Kaindoh (rd2-4)
Jordan Smith (rd3-4)
Shaka Toney (rd3)
Malcolm Koonce (rd3-5)
Joseph Ossai (rd2-3)
Derrick Barnes (LDE) (rd5-7)
Adetokunbo Ogundeji (rd2)
Janarius Robinson (LDE) (rd2)
Patrick Turner (rd 5-6)
Ellerson Smith (rd 5-6)
Johnathon Cooper (rd3-4)
Chauncey Gholston (rd 4)

Linebackers

Zaven Collins (rd1)
Malcom Koonce (rd3-5)
Joseph Ossai (rd2-3)
Quincy Roche (rd3-4)
KJ Britt (rd3-4)
Jabril Cox (OLB) (rd2)
Barron Browning (rd3-4)
Buddy Johnson (rd4-5)
Chaz Surratt (rd 4-5)
Curtis Robinson (UDFA)
Darius Hodge (UDFA)
Andre Mintze (UDFA)

Fs

Trevon Moehrig (rd1)
Jevon Holland (rd3)
Isreal Mukuamu (rd5-6)
Richie Grant (rd4)
Ifeatu Melifonwu (rd3-4
Trill Williams (rd4-5)

SS

Divine Deablo (rd2-3)
Jacoby Stevens (rd2-3)
Hamsah Nasrilldeen (rd3)

Corners

Kelvin Joseph (rd1)
Rachad Wildgoose (rd2-3)
Greg Newsome II (rd1-2)
Paulsen Adebo (rd2-3)
Asante Samuel Jr (rd2)
Benjamin St. Juste (rd-3-4)
Keith Taylor Jr. (rd3-4)
Tre Brown (rd3-4)
Chris Wilcox (rd5-7)
Ambry Thomas (rd3-4)
Aaron Robinson (rd3-4)
Eric Stokes (rd2-3)
DJ Daniel (rd4-5)

Nickelback

Elijah Molden (rd3)
Shakur Brown (rd5-7)
Tre Brown (rd3-5)

***Top athletic freak prospects for Saints in 2021 draft****

I wanted to make a separate thread for this to concentrate on the true freak prospects for the Saints for entertainment value but decided against it.

1) Jacob Harris WR

2) Zach Davidson TE

3)Jalen Camp TE

4) Jonathan Marshall NT

5) Milton Williams NT

6)Kelvin Joseph CB

7) Benjamin St. Juste CB

8)Paulen Adebo CB

9) Divine Deablo SS

10)Spencer Brown OT

11) Ifeatu Melifonwu S

12) Rondale Moore Wr

13)Quinn Minerz OG

14) Semi Fehoko WR

This took a while to put together.

Thoughts?

I'd really love Mac Jones and then a double back into the 2nd round for Joseph who I think is too much of an unknown (not much game experience), extremely young, and unpolished enough to be a 1st round prospect. Add to that the character concerns after getting suspended and he's a 2nd round prospect to me.

Seems ilke a Janoris Jenkins, Darius Slay, Tracy Porter type of prospect that goes early/mid 2nd and Saints have enough ammo to move back up and get secure two of their biggest must within the top 50 picks.

I'd also keep an eye on Safety and DT as alternative picks and LB as an outside chance if their type of protoype guy is there like Zaven Collins. They really don't spend high picks on LB's unless they meet height/weight/speed prerequisites. It's exactly why they were willing to pass on the LSU LB last year in late 1st but trade a 4th rounder for Alexander. They don't view undersized LB's as worthy high round picks unless there is something "exceptional" about them

Jacob Harris is a 6'5 220lb monster with an incredible wingspan and seems to have 35" arms like mike Evans.

He averaged 20 yards per reception and also ran a 4.39 with a 42" vertical.

The most impressive thing though was his 3 cone that was 6.53.

Draft him just on the fact that he looks like me 20 years ago. Same hair (although mine is receding now), eyes, smile, teeth, and lines in the forehead 👀. The resemblance is uncanny. If I was on an episode of Maury, I’d sweat until I hear “You are NOT the father”!!!

Like this Rashad Bateman. Saw his video while checking Jacob Harris' from UCF. Didnt realize he was such a big play receiver until checking out his video. He also must put superglue on his gloves. The ball sticks to his hands very well.

This is who I want us to draft. It’s not every day a stud WR opts out and becomes sorta an afterthought. This guy will be an amazing WR in the NFL. Book it!!!!

From highlight tape he looks and plays alot like Jared Cook, the good version.
I'm hoping that he plays more like Marques Colston or Mike Evan's who he resembles in stature.

I've never seen numbers like this on any WR ever.

Do you know how difficult it is to run a 6.53 3 cone at 6'5?

That's not even counting the 4.39 40 and 41" vertical.

Like this Rashad Bateman. Saw his video while checking Jacob Harris' from UCF. Didnt realize he was such a big play receiver until checking out his video. He also must put superglue on his gloves. The ball sticks to his hands very well.

Three things trouble me about Bateman.

1) he's only 190lbs
2) browsing through his game logs he didn't dominate any top NFL prospects despite playing at Minnesota
3) pretty much 90% of his where he succeeds is due to exploiting zone coverage. Not much tape on him beating press vs anyone, much less NFL-caliber defenders.

I'd really love Mac Jones and then a double back into the 2nd round for Joseph who I think is too much of an unknown (not much game experience), extremely young, and unpolished enough to be a 1st round prospect. Add to that the character concerns after getting suspended and he's a 2nd round prospect to me.

Seems ilke a Janoris Jenkins, Darius Slay, Tracy Porter type of prospect that goes early/mid 2nd and Saints have enough ammo to move back up and get secure two of their biggest must within the top 50 picks.

I'd also keep an eye on Safety and DT as alternative picks and LB as an outside chance if their type of protoype guy is there like Zaven Collins. They really don't spend high picks on LB's unless they meet height/weight/speed prerequisites. It's exactly why they were willing to pass on the LSU LB last year in late 1st but trade a 4th rounder for Alexander. They don't view undersized LB's as worthy high round picks unless there is something "exceptional" about them

I'm delighted that you agree about Jones.
I mean I've been comparing the kid to Tom Brady since October, long before he rose up draft boards or won a title even though many people still hate him here on the SSF.

I only put Joseph that High because I saw Daniel Jeremiah had the Chiefs taking him at 31 in his mock draft.

I can see Joseph and/or Eric Stokes going late rd 1 or early 2 because of their 4.28 speed depending on how badly that speed is coveted. Tracy porter was also a 4.28 guy and a 2nd rounder.

Go check out Joseph's film vs Devonta Smith. Joseph shut Smith out completely on 2 deep reps and even picked off Mac Jones. He also broke up another rep. He looks pretty special.

I also really like Paulsen Adebo and think that Rachad Wildgoose is the best tackler at cornerback outside of the top two. He is impressive in run support.

If by some chance they miss out on Jones them I'm all for doing whatever it takes to get Zaven Collins even if it means trading up. He reminds me too much of Junior Seau who I loved before Ray Lewis started getting all of the spotlight.

Collins, Ossai, and Koonce are all ideal height and speed guys at 6'3 250+ lbs with 4.6 speed. All capable of stacking and shedding and destroying blockers on their own, unlike their 230lb or less counterparts.

If they miss out on Jones then a defense-heavy first half of the draft makes sense because they will be playing a lot of ball-control and Time of possession type games with Hill and Winston at the helm.

I also love Creed Humphrey at C/G but I omitted him because I just don't see them going that interior route 3 years running.

Three things trouble me about Bateman.

1) he's only 190lbs
2) browsing through his game logs he didn't dominate any top NFL prospects despite playing at Minnesota
3) pretty much 90% of his where he succeeds is due to exploiting zone coverage. Not much tape on him beating press vs anyone, much less NFL-caliber defenders.
Rashod is 6’2 210 lbs
Edit: 190 lbs. Does that really matter? There are/have been many excellent WRs that were sub-200lbs.

Yeah, I edited it. He will be fine. It’s not CBs are big heavy individuals anyway.

Most of those corners at the top of my list are at least 200lbs.

10lbs heavier than Bateman.

@SweetT Renner assumed Bateman to be 200+lbs before his pro day in April.

I was pointing out the correlation of receiver weight and 1000 yard seasons.

@ELLIASJWILLIAMS

The front office has also been obsessed with passing game weapons who have phenomenal 3-cones lately after the success of MT.

The offensive players who fit that bill this year are:

Elijah Moore WR (6.66)
Jaelon Darden WR (6.66)
Simi Fehoko WR (6.76)
Amon-ra St. Brown WR (6.70)
Jacob Harris WR (mentioned above) (6.53)
Zach Davidson TE (6.95)
Spencer Brown OT (6.99)

As for Davidson, his 3 cone would've ranked 2nd among tight ends at the 2020 combine only to Adam Trautman.

Davidson is the only Te this year with a sub 7.00 3 cone and his 40 was much faster than Trautman's 4.9 at 4.62.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: LoE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom