My 2nd 2013 Mock Draft Full 1st Round (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I made this mock based on what each team's needs and what it has on board and what I think that team would take based on their perspective. Who would you take at the Saints spot if the draft went like this? This is an updated version based on the coaches hired and Senior Bowl practices.

1. Kansas City (2-14) - QB Geno Smith - Andy's new McNabb.
  2. Jacksonville (2-14) - OLB Jarvis Jones - They go BPA and get a play maker for an already nice defense.
  3. Oakland (4-12) - DT Star Lotulelei - They need a DT, Seymour is old and so are most of there other DTs like Kelly and Henderson who are also mostly ineffective.
  4. Philadelphia (4-12) - OT Luke Joekel - BPA and will allow them to move Todd Herremans to his natural G position. Him and Jason Peters being back will fix a lot of O-Line problems for them.
  5. Detroit (4-12) - DE Damontre Moore - Avril is an average DE and Kyle Van Den Bosch is old and was one of the worst DEs in 2012. Moore fits the wide 9 better than Werner IMO.
  6. Cleveland (5-11) - OLB Bjoern Werner - BPA and will give them a great power rusher to pair with their speed rusher Sheard in their new 3-4 run by Ray Horton.
  7. Arizona (5-11) - OT Eric Fisher - The Cardinals had the 2 of the worst OTs in the league and they need a serious upgrade or it wont matter who their QB is.
  8. Buffalo (6-10) - QB Ryan Nassib - They already said they will draft a franchise QB and I think since the QBs are so even and are mostly 2nd round prospects, Doug Marrone sticks with his own guy from Syracuse Ryan Nassib who is normally an early 2nd round prospect.
  9. New York Jets (6-10) OLB Barkevious Mingo - The Jets have needed an OLB for a long time and Mingo is BPA. Mingo could come in and reck havoc in Rex's exotic blitz packages next to Couples.
  10. Tennessee (6-10) Kenny Vaccaro - They have needed a SS since Chris Hope's decline. They pick up Kenny who is a great tackler and great in coverage to help next to the other former Texas Griffin safety who was top 5 in missed tackles by safeties this year. I can see Kenny flying up boards like Barron during the draft process.
  11. San Diego (7-9) - CB DeMarcus Milliner - Jammer is a 34 year old FA and Cason is decent but is also a FA. They need a CB they can rely on.
  12. Miami (7-9) - DE Ezekiel Ansah - I can see Ansah blowing up the combine and Senior Bowl and becoming the BPA here. The Dolphins could use someone with potential across from Cameron Wake. They have a ton of cap so they can afford to fix there other holes in FA and go BPA in the draft.
  13. Tampa Bay (7-9) - CB Jonathan Banks - They need a CB bad and will most likely address that here. They have the worst pass defense in the league (even worse than the Saints in pass defense) and just traded Aqib Talib. Ronde Barber is also at FS so they REALLY need a CB.
  14. Carolina (7-9) - DT Sheldon Richardson - they need a DT bad and were very interested in Fletcher Cox. Sheldon Richardson is the same type of DT and may be even better. He is also the BPA.
  15. New Orleans (7-9) - OLB Dion Jordan - This pick could be either Okafor or Jordan but it will probably be Jordan because Jordan has a much higher ceiling IMO.
  16. St. Louis (7-8-1) - G Chance Warmack - They need to give Bradford help and Warmack is a top 10 prospect and by far BPA.
  17. Pittsburgh (8-8) - ILB Manti Teo - The Steelers need an ILB bad to replace Farrior and they usually grab good people that drop to them. Teo wont be the leader of the Steelers for a while with Timmons, Harrison, and Woodley there so he could just try to do good on the field and hope everyone has forgotten about his incident by the time he has to take over.
  18. Dallas (8-8) - NT Jonathan Hankins - He takes a fall but its more so because of his position than his play. The Cowboys will need him next to Ratliff if he is even back with their switch to Kiffin's defensive scheme.
  19. New York Giants (9-7) - MLB Kevin Minter - The Giants have needed a MLB for a while and Minter is arguably the best MLB in the draft.
  20. Chicago (10-6) - MLB Alec Ogletree - They need a MLB to replace Urlacher and Ogletree seems like a good fit.
  21. Cincinnati* (10-6) - WR Cordarrelle Patterson - They have lacked play making ability aside from AJ Green and Patterson could definitely give them that. I expect him to fly up boards through the draft process. He has all the tools to dominate in the league.
  22. St. Louis - from Washington* (10-6) WR Keenan Allen - They still need a WR since Amendola is a FA and Quick has been under whelming.
  23. Minnesota* (10-6) WR DeAndre Hopkins - They have needed a WR to replace Sidney Rice for a while now. Hopkins is arguably the best route runner and would give them a great 1-2 punch with Harvin.
  24. Indianapolis* (11-5) NT Johnathan Jenkins - Chuck Pagano gets his Ngata piece for his new 3-4 he is building in Indy, Jenkins is one of the BPA and should help Freeney and Mathis a lot in freeing them up.
  25. Seattle* (11-5) WR Terrance Williams - They get Wilson a new weapon. The Seahawks love size and speed and he has them both. They could finally have a legit threat across from Rice.
  26. Green Bay* (11-5) G/C Jonathan Cooper - He is the BPA and fills a need at Center and his versatility could help them alot in fixing their Oline.
  27. Houston* (12-4) WR Justin Hunter - They really need a legit threat across Andre and Hunter would help them boost their offense and maybe give them a better chance when there run game is shut down.
  28. Denver* (13-3) DE Alex Okafor - They need a LDE across from Dumervil and next to Miller and Okafor is by far the BPA.
  29. New England* (12-4) WR Tavon Austin - Welker will probably not be back and Austin's explosiveness could give that spot in their offense a nice jolt.
  30. Atlanta* (13-3) DE Sam Montgomery - I see him falling in a similar way as to how Upshaw fell last year. He is great against the run and a decent pass rusher but is by far BPA here and fills a huge need. He could probably also play 3-4 OLB in case Mike Nolan wanted to make the switch.
  31. San Francisco* (11-4-1) TE Zach Ertz - Harbaugh grabs Ertz from Stanford to replace Delanie Walker and help them since they like to use 2 TE sets.
  32. Baltimore* (10-6) - OC/OG/OT Barrett Jones - Everyone is talking about replacing Ed Reed and Ray Lewis for them but they are forgetting about Matt Birk. I think they go BPA between S, ILB, and C and Jones is by far BPA out of all players anyway. He could solve a lot of their problems and his versatility could help them alot in the future. He falls here because of his injury.

Disagree about Okafor, he is a pass rusher and a right defensive end in a 4-3. He is a speed guy

Disagree about Okafor, he is a pass rusher and a right defensive end in a 4-3. He is a speed guy
He does have speed and I would be happy with either of them but I think Jordan would be a better pick for us because Spags could probably coach up Jordan to be much better than what he could coach Okafor up to be because of the speed/size difference but both will probably be good pro players.

Can't go wrong with any of the top 6 DEs Werner, Moore, Mingo, Jordan, Okafor or Ansah in my mind.

If we take Okafor or Jordan over Montgomery... well, it would fall right in line with our history of screwing up first round picks, so you're probably right.

If we take Okafor or Jordan over Montgomery... well, it would fall right in line with our history of screwing up first round picks, so you're probably right.
What is so special about Montgomery? Jordan has a much higher ceiling and has done very well in pressuring the QB considering the limited time he got rushing the passer. Okafor is one of the best most polished rushers technique wise available and has a great skill set. Montgomery though was playing across from Mingo, rushing almost every snap and was pretty underwhelming. He was also dominated against his best competition by Luke Joekel in the run and pass along with Mingo against Jake Matthews.

I also do not want anyone who only cares about themselves on the Saints (Credit to JackDiesel for picture):
63604d1356918020-draft-prospect-de-sam-montgomery-image.jpg

Please no... I will pass all day on Montgomery.

You have johnathon banks on here twice going to Tampa and Indy...either one or the other

About right with our draft history on defense. Pick another non playmaker! Great waste pick 15 on a project. We need guys that don't have a high ceiling but guys that are proven players that have shown they can make plays. I would hate this draft! Especially with several playmakers still on the board.

What is so special about Montgomery? Jordan has a much higher ceiling and has done very well in pressuring the QB considering the limited time he got rushing the passer. Okafor is one of the best most polished rushers technique wise available and has a great skill set. Montgomery though was playing across from Mingo, rushing almost every snap and was pretty underwhelming. He was also dominated against his best competition by Luke Joekel in the run and pass along with Mingo against Jake Matthews.

I also do not want anyone who only cares about themselves on the Saints (Credit to JackDiesel for picture):
63604d1356918020-draft-prospect-de-sam-montgomery-image.jpg

Apparently this a motivational tool, and the names on there change all the time. If you miss 1 single work out without a concrete reason then you're up!

I'm hoping we take Okafor over Montgomery

He does have speed and I would be happy with either of them but I think Jordan would be a better pick for us because Spags could probably coach up Jordan to be much better than what he could coach Okafor up to be because of the speed/size difference but both will probably be good pro players.
I will go with whichever is ready to come in a play at high starter caliber level now(not pro bowl level), as opposed to waiting and hoping for development over extended periods of time. I like Okafor's experience, size, speed, and the fact that he rushes the passer extremely well, but also plays the run extremely well. Dion jordan probably does have the highest ceiling of anyone. My only question is can he come in and rush the passer and play the run at a high level.

Apparently this a motivational tool, and the names on there change all the time. If you miss 1 single work out without a concrete reason then you're up!

I doubt a coach wants to drop his own players draft NFL stock over one missed workout...

I will go with whichever is ready to come in a play at high starter caliber level now(not pro bowl level), as opposed to waiting and hoping for development over extended periods of time. I like Okafor's experience, size, speed, and the fact that he rushes the passer extremely well, but also plays the run extremely well. Dion jordan probably does have the highest ceiling of anyone. My only question is can he come in and rush the passer and play the run at a high level.
Your right, I would be happy with either of them. The reason I picked Dion is if Spags can make Cam go from 1 sack to 8 in one season, I think he could help a ton with Dion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom