My 2nd offseason mock (1 Viewer)

Where did you get that from? He's not injury prone and I've never heard a thing about his attitude. I'm a big Bama fan and don't miss a game. You're misinformed.

Actually, I think he nailed DJ Hall on the head. I remember watching 2 Bama games this year where the commentators were saying if he doesn't get involved early/often, look for him to disappear. Sorry I can't remember which games, but I do remember watching him after hearing those comments and he looked like he gave up on his route.

You cannot draft a corner banking on him to come in and start. You have to get your starter in FA. You could draft a starting linebacker though. Ali Highsmith would look pretty good to me. There is no way you take that kind of chance on an unknown college kid. Also, you don't take the biggest name corner in FA cause they usually take the money and burn you. We have to be real careful with who we target because it is very possibly make or break the year based on that pick.

I'll try to make this as realistic as possible.

Re-sign:

Jeff Faine: He is a youthful player who will only get better every year. Some people like Goodwin more because he played fairly well when replacing Faine. But Goodwin, apparently, is signed through to 2009. Faine has more experience with the O-line aswell.

Billy Miller: While he is old, when he got his hands on the ball he always got some extra YAC. Both our starting TEs are free agents and I think it would be logical to bring back the more productive one.

Terrance Copper:Has been a solid special teamer for us. He also was very good when he caught the ball. Can be had for cheap.

I would also like to see Marques, Jhari and Will receive extensions.

Free agency:

Corey Williams: I personally believe DT is our biggest need this offseason. Corey Williams is young and very good for his age. He is possibly the pass rushing DT in the league. Someone like him will take away alot of attention away from our DEs and we could possibly have one of the best D-lines.

Andre Davis: I like this signing because of what Andre can provide to the KR. He also played very well when filling in for Andre Johnson. Could be a nice No.3/4 WR.

Drayton Florence: A mid-range CB who I would not have signed had McKenzie not been injured. I know he isn't that good but he is better than David and we are in dire need of CBs. He also brings youth to the position.

Quinn Gray: We need a back up to Drew and Quinn played pretty well when filling in for Gararrd.

Draft:

1st round:

Leodis McKelvin CB

At #10 there really isn't a player of need for us worth this pick. Leodis comes close enough, though. We need to get younger at CB as well as better. Leodis has two things we need. He can play CB and can also return punts. I thought about Keith Rivers here but LBer is pretty deep in this draft.

2nd round:

Jerod Mayo ILB

I would like to get Lofton at this position but he will more than likely be gone. Jerod Mayo will come in and be an instant starter over Mark. He has all the skills needed to be a successful LBer in today's game. If Mayo is not here, Shawn Crable would be my 2nd option.

3rd round:

DJ Hall WR

I would like to see this speedster drafted to play slot WR. With Marques Colston, Robert Meachem and DJ Hall our starting WRs we would have a very young group mixed with speed and possesion. I also like Trevor Laws at this position.

I am basically now going to take draft sites info to make my next picks.

4th round:

Ezra Butler OLB

There is a few things I don't like myself about this pick. I'm not sure if he'll even make it to our pick. He was suspended for a game for breaking team policy. He seems better suited for a 3-4. Some positives though are he is extremely fast. He also led his team in tackles, TFL and interceptions despite missing 2 games. If DeMarrio Pressley is available here I would take him.

5th round:

Kellen Davis/Jacob Tamme TE

I would take either of these guys with our 5th round selection. Jacob Tamme is one of the fastest TEs in the draft and I'm sure Brees would be able to work well with him. Some sites have Jacob as a 4th rounder. Kellen Davis has proven to be a big redzone target scoring 6 TDs. Both, I believe, would be nice additions.

6th round:

Cory Boyd/Jacob Hester RB/FB

I base this pick off Deuce's health and Stecker not being re-signed. He is also the biggest back projected for the 6th round.Cory Boyd, looking at his physical attributes, seems to be a power runner. He would most likely be on the PS but if Deuce is not ready to go at the start of the season he may be the 3rd RB. He has major character issues apparently. Some say Jacob could be a 5th round pick, but he may fall to the 6th. I would draft Jacob for the same reasons as Cory Boyd, power running. Others may say PT is a power runner, but I believe he is like Deuce, nimble but strong.

7th round:

BPA

Hopefully try to find another Colston like gem here, not likely.

That type of offseason will put the franchise back 10 years.

Hall is injury-prone and has a bad attitude.
DT Starks - WR - Johnson - CB Florence
1. DT Ellis or CB Jenkins 2. MLB Lofton or DT Sims or TE Davis 3. WR Bowman or MLB Leman or DT Moore 4. DT Okam or OLB Butler or MLB Larsen 5. TE Davis or CB Williams 6. DT Shirley 7. TE Sperry

Just sig this mock bro.

I like the offseason moves. If we did all that stuff I would be estatic. But we have to resign Colston this offseason! That is priority number 1. OR should be. I don't think we can risk letting him hit RFA next year. I can see a team a WR away offering him a contract for a first rounder if they were looking in that direction. Driving up his price possibly, just get him locked up now.

Last edited:
Just sig this mock bro.

I like the offseason moves. If we did all that stuff I would be estatic. But we have to resign Colston this offseason! That is priority number 1. OR should be. I don't think we can risk letting him hit RFA next year. I can see a team a WR away offering him a contract for a first rounder if they were looking in that direction. Driving up his price possibly, just get him locked up now.

Thanks. I'm always suprised when a difference of opinion is taken as a personal slight. I guess I shouldn't be in this world, but it's not how I see or do things. Also, I'm not the type to start threads when there's already several on the topic. Colston deserves the money. He's a high character guy and he performs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom