My 3-day exile is over. What have I missed? (1 Viewer)

Umm, yea people here in the Alexandria/Pineville area are pretty hard on the Saints as I have learned. I have a few people that work for me and they are KC fans. The funny thing is... they live like 3 hours away from one of the greatest and unique cities and they have never been there, WOW talk about small town small minds. No offense to you of course because you are obviously a Saints fan. I just don't see that much Saints support here.

are you in alex as well?

most of my friends are saints fans, and lsu fans - but several people i know dont follow the saints because of deer season - but they arent really football fans anyway -

Dads

as far as what you have missed, been fairly positive even after the Loss last week, same old questions regarding RB ability to run the ball but that isnt even worth discussing

i think the biggest issue now is the injury list, specifically Jamal brown the LT - if he is out we could be in for some trouble

Well, I live in Pineville and work in Alex. Yea, I know there are alot of LSU fans here (since they won the Nat'l Championship) as everywhere else in the state. However, I just don't see alot of Saints fans here. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place. I mean I am sure they have them but I don't see it. Somebody needs to open up a real sports bar here to watch the games, of course I am usually at the games but for away games.

Website says this is a candle. OK. But what IS it?
That looks like a coupla things to me. None of 'em nice; none of 'em a candle.

We have one (1) Unidentified Saints Object (U.S.O.)!

Well, folks have tried to open sports bars in Alex, peytonknows. Know where the Mexican place is in the Alex Mall? That was a sports bar, complete with carved wooden Saints helmets on totem poles at the outside entrance. Didn't make it.

Across the river on 28 East you've got Gator's Sports Bar. That's the only real sports bar I know of in the area, but I'm north of the river, so there could be something in Alex I don't know about.

Yes, hunting season is far, far more important to local folks than anything that the NFL does. But, they do bleed Purple and Gold on Saturdays in the Fall.

Spirits Food and Friends at the corner of Texas and Jackson invites folks to come watch the game. But, it ain't a dedicated sports bar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom