My 3 Reasons for what we all just watched.... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Wow. I predicted the Colts would score 30-55 points, but I thought we'd score 28-41 points. Yikes, looks like Dungy fixed that leaky D.
Why did things go the way they went? I watched closely and I have 3 reasons:

1. Our linemen on both sides were being pushed around like scrubs. Will Smith and Charles Grant did NOT do their job. Nesbit and Stinchcomb both missed blocks that would have sprung Reggie Bush for at least 15. Nesbit just ran past his guy and Stinchcomb let the guy get under his pads, push him 2 yards backwards, and grab Bush by reaching around his legs. Faine looked flat, J. Brown was obviously having trouble with Freeney considering his numerous false starts.....The D-Line wasnt any better. To allow 2 shoddy OTs to shut out your "deadly" DE tandem is bad, but to allow such large gains on runs up the middle reminds me of MANY past Saints Defenses. Not much changed since the NFC Championship Game as far as stopping the run.

2. You know, when we signed J. David, I was happy we had landed a CB with not only a SB ring but with starting experience. All I can say after Thurs night is......Fred Thomas & Jason Craft may be better ideas. A buddy of mine immediatley pointed out that David would have trouble playing in our scheme. He's used to being a Cover 2 corner, playing shallow zones, flat zones, letting his safeties and OLBs make the plays. You cannot match him up man to man against Harrison or Wayne. He is not a Man to Man CB. Some of you might cry hogwash but there are different kinds of DBs just like there are different kinds of QBs and WRs.......

3. Well let's defend our boys a little bit.....it was the Colts. They are the World Champs and they whipped the Bears team that whipped us in January. Peyton Manning is reaching Marino like levels of talent. The Colts have made the playoffs just about every year since Jim Mora was fired......Theyre a dynasty. I was hoping for a little more scoring out of our "#1" offense. After that game, I think we all know who REALLY has the #1 offense....... Yikes........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom