Reaction score
I don't think this would be bad at all:

1. DRC, CB
2. Trevor Laws, DT
3. Matt Forte, RB
5. Craig Steltz, SS
6. Jeremy Geathers, DT
7. D. J. Hall, WR

DRC is the best CB in this draft, IMHO. He has the most upside of any CB. The guy is super fast, and he plays the ball in flight like he has more of a right to the pass than the WR. He is also a very good return man.

Trevor Laws is the DT we all know we need. I'd love to get one of the top 3, but there is almost no way that happens. Laws is almost a mirror image to Brian Young but I think he is probably a little stronger at the POA, though probably not as good as a pass rusher.

Matt Forte could come in and be groomed to take Deuce's spot eventually. Of course, that may be a little hard for him being we have Pierre Thomas on the squad.

Craig Steltz is one of the best SS's I've seen in a while. He would be a steal in the 5th round. He would come in and immediately give Roman Harper a run for his money.

Jeremy Geathers comes from the same genes as James "Jumpy" Geathers, one of my all-time favorite Saints defenders. He is more of a developmental DT right now, but as he matures in the weight room and gets some great mentoring from coach O, he could end up replacing Hollis Thomas.

Hall will probably be gone by the 7th round, but that is not a given. He had great production at Alabama, but will he transition to the NFL? I'm not so sure of that. Still, he could be a good developmental player for us.

I could live with that. I just hope Rivers is in the first and another DT or LBer in the seventh. RB is the only position I think we need on Offence IMO, and that's just in case Duece goes down.

DJ Hall will go before the 7th IMO but I think we would take a TE before a WR at some point even if it is a guy to develop

DJ Hall will go before the 7th IMO but I think we would take a TE before a WR at some point even if it is a guy to develop

I thought so too, but the more I thought about it I changed my mind. We resigned Johnson and Miller, and we got Campbell back from IR. We also have Ghent and another TE we signed as developmenal players. That made me change my mind and go receiver.

Some where in the draft I see us drafting an o lineman, rather than two DT

Forte will be a second round pick. Hall will be gone by the second, but i love the idea. Great draft. ( too bad it wont happen)

I don't think this would be bad at all:

1. DRC, CB
2. Trevor Laws, DT
3. Matt Forte, RB
5. Craig Steltz, SS
6. Jeremy Geathers, DT
7. D. J. Hall, WR

Grabbing Laws at 2 and especially Forte at 3 would require a lot of luck. I think Laws will go early 2nd, and so will Forte.

OG Albert - TE Davis - WR Nelson - DT Rubin - P Brooks - S Williams.

I'll be honest, I am not that well versed on players that are rated past the 3rd round. So any mock I do that has players from the 5,6 or 7th round are going to be wild guesses. I think the lack of having a 4th round pick messed me up. ;)

My mock:

1 - *trade* 10th pick for Lito Sheppard and the 19th pick
1 - Jerod Mayo LB, Tenn (shush I know he's a reach here)
2 - Trevor Laws DT, ND
3 - Brad Cottam TE, Tenn (or John Carlson TE, ND - whichever is available)
5 - Frank Okam DT, Texas
6 - Dominique Barber S, Minn
7 - Taylor Mehlhaff K, Wis (or Art Comody K, Louisivile if Taylor isn't available)

That's my mock. :)

I don't see one single Ole Miss player in this mock :mad:

Next year:

Periah Jerry, DT
Michael Oher, OT
Jon Jerry, OT
Jamarca Sanford, SS
Ashlee Palmer, OLB
Duston Mouzon, CB

These are some very good Ole Miss players that are coming out next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom