My all saints team (1 Viewer)

No Will Smith?

...and maybe the biggest omission of all... a player that needs to be on any and every list that focuses on all-time Saints, football players, living creatures, etc...

Robert “SWEET PEACH” Meachem!!!!!!
Why in the hell would you include Meachem on your all Saints team if he wasn't even close to the best receiver on the team in the same era? In fact I would put Moore ahead of him as well in the pecking order.

Will Smith should definitely be a consideration. Hard to pick between Jordan and Smith but I would lean Jordan.

I would pick Lutz over Andersen. Especially since Andersen spent too much of his career with the bad guys. And Lutz is so much better than Andersen could even dream of.

Didn't get past QB. That kind of bias is unmistakable. You may not have liked him for nonfootball reasons but for football reasons, Brooks is arguably the #2 Saints QB all time and easily #3. That type of omission calls your Saints knowledge into question before I even get onto the list.

Didn't get past QB. That kind of bias is unmistakable. You may not have liked him for nonfootball reasons but for football reasons, Brooks is arguably the #2 Saints QB all time and easily #3. That type of omission calls your Saints knowledge into question before I even get onto the list.
I’d take Manning and Hebert over him any day.

Mostly a great list!

I’d move Waymer to safety. He was played out of position much of his pro career anyway. I’d replace him on the CB list with Mike McKenzie. Overall, CB is the weakest position on the team to pick out a team of greats.

Some interesting conversations can be had at backup QB, TE and FB. Aaron Brooks, Henry Childs and Hokie Gajan, mainly.

And with so many greats for the lean years left off your list, I’d add Tommy Myers to the safety list. Gotta honor at least one of those guys who played well when the rest of the team largely stunk.

Last edited:
Mostly a great list!

I’d move Waymer to safety. He was played out of position much of his pro career anyway. I’d replace him on the CB list with Mike McKenzie. Overall, CB is the weakest position on the team to pick out a team of greats.

Some interesting conversations can be had at backup QB, TE and FB. Aaron Brooks, Henry Childs and Hokie Gajan,
And with so many greats for the lean years left off your list, I’d add Tommy Myers to the safety list. Gotta honor at least one of those guys who played well when the rest of the team largely stunk.

Need to consider Eric Allen

Why in the hell would you include Meachem on your all Saints team if he wasn't even close to the best receiver on the team in the same era? In fact I would put Moore ahead of him as well in the pecking order.

Will Smith should definitely be a consideration. Hard to pick between Jordan and Smith but I would lean Jordan.

Dude... it’s a joke! I just wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to write Sweet Peach again... No ragrets... Nohm sayin!

Reggie Bush and Darren Sharper should be on the list.

Reggie Bush can the punt returner. Beer Man, Tyrone Hughes can be the KR.

When it comes to the the best safeties (strictly FS) we’ve had, it seem like we have some very unpopular choices.The forbidden one and Marcus Williams. Maybe it’s only Sammy Knight.

Last edited:
Yes he did. Way too many dropped passes. However Eric Martin was solid and would be my 3rd all-time Saints receiver at this point.
Eric was sure handed and tough, he made a living going over the middle but he was slower than Keshawn Johnson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom