My All-time 53 Man Saints Roster (1 Viewer)

Would you be happy with this roster?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I perfer Jamal Brown over turbulant Turley. How about Conrad Dobler even though he wasn't here that long. He was still the best O-lineman the Saints ever had until Stan Brock was drafted.

Last edited:
now thats a fun list...I have to see Renaldo Turnbull on that squad though..maybe over Will Smith...I also think Toi Cook and Mark McMillan should make the cut at CB....

I can't believe Lindsay Scott and Alex Molden didn't make that list...:rolleyes:

Tony Galbreath is far and away the best fb in Saints history...
Henry Childs is the best TE ever...
Chuck Muncie should be on that list somewhere...

Absolutely... and Frank Wattlett over Russell Gary.

It could be argued that Mel Gray was a better returner than the Beerman as well.

and you have to find a spot for Guido Merkins. :)

Can't overlook Fred Thomas as a CB.

I'm surprised that Ironhead didn't get a nod. I was only a youngbuck when he was playing, but I vividly remember him running over and through defenses every Sunday. Did I miss something about him?

Please remove Ambrose from the list...that dirty Falcon lover...replace with, I don't know...Dale Carter?? lol

Tony Galbreath is far and away the best fb in Saints history...
Henry Childs is the best TE ever...
Chuck Muncie should be on that list somewhere...

Ditto. Kovach was also a warrior at MLB.

Fred Thomas should be on there above a couple of those corners. these last couple of bad seasons aside, Fred Thomas is one of the top 3 CBs in Saints history

No he shouldn't. You can't throw out bad seasons. No he isn't. Not even close.

Kilmer doesn't belong on the list, based on accomplishments during his stay with the Saints. The two things that stand out in my mind about Kilmer were his wobbly passes, and running for his life, an art later perfected by Archie. Hebert, Jim Everett, and yes even Aaron Brooks are more deserving, based strictly on what they accomplished during their careers with the team.

I would take Frank Warren on the D-line over Darren Howard any day. Howard didn't play to his potential as a Saint, he was too busy complaining.

Scott Fujita is more deserving than Del Rio.

A really great list - it is always wonderful to see the legends of the past getting the credit they deserve.

Can't really fault the team/squad, although personally I'd take Dumbrowski over Turley, Mel Grey was hands-down a better kick returner than Michael Lewis (I don't care what Beerman's fans think); and Frank Warren would definitely make my squad.

As for the starters, only one real gripe and that's George Rogers backing up Deuce. I like Deuce but George was quite simply the best RB we ever had bar none - the decision to trade him was one of the worst ever taken by this franchise (and for all those who wanna talk about the off-field reasons why we did it we're talking best ever guys here and when George was on the field he was a guy who could get you not far off 5 yards a carry - even when facing a stacked defence).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom