My All-time 53 Man Saints Roster (1 Viewer)

Would you be happy with this roster?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I've updated my roster a bit. I replaced Kilmer with Hebert...based on what he did with the Saints. Any other important roster changes?

I would definitely take Jamaal Brown over Turley.

And I am leaning toward Brian Hansen over Barnhardt.

Jim Wilks should be a starter on the d line. He was special.

Leroy Glover is not even in the same class as Wilks.

Also, Gene Atkins was the best saftey we ever had. No way does Sammy Knight start over Atkins.

I would put Steve Korte over Joel Hilgenburg at center. He had injury problems, but when healthy was a better center than the Hilgenburg. Nothing against Hilgenburg, for the long term Hilgenburg did contribute more to the team.

I would put Steve Korte over Joel Hilgenburg at center. He had injury problems, but when healthy was a better center than the Hilgenburg. Nothing against Hilgenburg, for the long term Hilgenburg did contribute more to the team.

Hilgy was a Pro Bowler at his position... I thought his brother was the better center, even when he left the Bears and joined the Saints right after Joel's Pro Bowl season.

That said, Steve Trapilo should be the reserve guard with LeCharles Bentley replacing John Hill at center... Bentley was a pro bowler too.

Last edited:
How does Mike Karney not make the fullback list? Dude can pound it up the middle with the ball, catch the ball, and is a beast of a blocker.

Pretty good list. Brees should be the starter and I would replace A Manning with a blind folded Jim Everett. Ricky over Rodgers and how can the TE Wesley ? [who went to Panthers] not be in there. I'd take him over Hoby Brenner. Turley is also a stretch.

Great list. I might quibble a bit over some positions but still...

What is amazing to me is how far the linebacking drops off after the Dome Patrol. I think the Texans could compete with that list.

Bobby Hebert does not make the team sorry. Aaron Brooks won a playoff game within his first 6-8 starts. So AB at 3. Horrible how that guy gets no love for something that took our franchise so long to do.

Drew Brees Starts by the way.

Wesley Walls at TE

I might even take Quinn Early over Joe Horn. (maybe)

Last edited:
bEER mAN OVER mEL GRAY
Mel averaged more than 24 yards a kick return in 12 NFL seasons, took 6 back for touchdowns, and he even averaged 10.7 yards a punt return!!!!! taking three back for scores.
Tell me, who apart from Devon Hester is in that class?
I also seem to remember him getting ejected from a game for smacking someone about 100 lbs heavier in a hockey-style fracas. Got to love the little guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom