My All-time 53 Man Saints Roster (1 Viewer)

Would you be happy with this roster?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about Hokie at fullback? I really think he would have been among our top career rushers if he hadn't gotten banged up.

Good call. At one point a few years ago, I checked and Hokie held the record for yards per carry for the Saints. I do not know if that is still the case.

I have to agree with those that say Archie was the best. It makes me sick to think what he could have done with any support at all. His O-line was a sieve and his best receiver was slower than molasses. Don't get me wrong. I loved Danny A. But he was the best Archie ever had. Archie still remains the only MVP to play for a losing team.

Doug Atkins may be the best player the Saints ever had.

Any All-Time Saints roster without Pig Goff is not worthy of a fluer dis lis... :D

I'd like to see either Lorenzo Neal or Mike Karney at FB.

To be fair, Brees has more weapons on this list than Archie did.

He had Reggie Bush. Otherwise he had a 7th round pick, a inconsistent Henderson, a constantly injured and strongly declining in production Joe Horn, noone of mention at TE, Terrence Copper (who we picked up off the street), and a PS WR in Jamal Jones.

Brees doesn't get enough credit for what he has worked with. Yeah we see some of these guys as good now, but how much of that is because Brees is throwing them the ball?

My top 5 Saints of all time (no particular order)

Doug Atkins
Willie Roaf
Morten Andersen
Ricky Jackson
Ok I'll have to make it 6 because I can't decide between Archie Manning and Sam Mills.

This is going by what they did as Saints, otherwise youd have to include Jimmy Taylor, Wes Chandler, Dave Casper, Conrad Dobler and Ken Stabler.

Dave Whitsell and Tommy meyers just missed the list and Drew Brees probably bumps somebody off with another great year in 08.

Ok who coaches this team. Give me Sean Payton HC , Sidwell at DC, Mccarthy at Oc and Bobby April at St

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom