My Annoyingly Optimistic And Confident Post (1 Viewer)

Tokyonavy

Rookie
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The Saints are in first place the NFC South.

The Saints have outscored opponents 251-225 this season.

The Saints are the 1st ranked passing offense in the NFC (3rd in the NFL).

The Saints are the 3rd ranked rushing offense in the NFC (6th in the NFL), and there is a good chance that one of the two NFC teams ahead of the Saints may not qualify for the playoffs.

Drew Brees is on track for his 5th 5,000 yard season, Jimmy Graham is on track for his 3rd 1,000 yard season, and Mark Ingram is knocking on the door of a 1,000 yard rushing season (No Saints running back has ran more than 800 yards since 2007).

The Saints defense is ranked 9th in the NFC in points allowed, and the unit is improving. The defense is on pace for 37 sacks, which is more than the defense accomplished in any year from 2007 through 2012.

My Annoyingly Optimistic and Confident Prediction:

1. Saints make the playoffs.
2. Saints play Dallas in the 'Dome. And WIN.
3. Saints travel to Detroit. And WIN.
4. Saints play Green Bay in the 'Dome. And WIN.
5. SUPER BOWL, baby.

Feel free to share your own optimistic posts below.

My prediction:

Beat the Bengals
Split Baltimore and Pittsburgh
Win the last 4 against Carolina, Chicago, Atlanta and Tampa

10-6 record going into the playoffs where anything can happen

I concur with this thread. BOOM! Look out playoffs when we do lock up the division!

Shoot...I'm Optimistic as well!

After the whiners' game I didn't have my normal "Saints loss depression." I slept just fine and had a great Monday!

Basically....after watching that game...I know the Saints won in regulation, and only external factors to the 22 players on the field changed the outcome.

It happens.... I think the Saints are heading in the right direction....

My most optimistic assessment. We finish @7-9. We win the division and get a home game against Seattle. Earl Thomas schools Vacarro on how to play safety and Seattle wins by 20. Homers blame refs, uniform colors, and Brees' weak arm. A few lost souls start threads proclaiming this to have been a successful season and restating their fandom, calling all others into question. LSU plays in the Tonka Toy Bowl against S.W. Alaska State and loses 34-31.

My most optimistic assessment. We finish @7-9. We win the division and get a home game against Seattle. Earl Thomas schools Vacarro on how to play safety and Seattle wins by 20. Homers blame refs, uniform colors, and Brees' weak arm. A few lost souls start threads proclaiming this to have been a successful season and restating their fandom, calling all others into question. LSU plays in the Tonka Toy Bowl against S.W. Alaska State and loses 34-31.
That's not even close to optimism.

In fact, I think it's called trolling.

You know the thing is we really have all the pieces to the puzzle..

We just need to get our head out of our but and do the basics, tackling, catching, and hanging on to the ball and we have a shot as much as anyone.

We has lost 4 of our 5 games by a total of 9 points.

This is very alarming because a good team should pull out close games, but dang, you have to be optimistic knowing how close we are from a much better record.

My dream scenario -

We beat Cincy, lose to Baltimore, lose to Pittsburgh, beat Carolina, lose to Chicago, beat Atlanta, beat Tampa, finishing 8-8 and win the South.

We face the 12-4 Cardinals at home in round 1 and blow them out easily 28-10. Round 2 we travel to face Detroit and win a nail biter 30-28. In the NFC Title game, we host the wildcard Cowboys, fresh off their upset playoff win in Seattle and preceded by a win at NFC East Champion Philly in round 1. We blow them away 48-17 in a classic, Sean Payton Cowboy-beatdown we've come to expect. All week long the media goes bat-**** crazy because their beloved Cowboys had to travel to a team with a worse record that they blew out in the regular season.

We face Tom Brady and the Patriots in the Super Bowl and win 26-20 in O.T. on a first possession touchdown. Now the media is going nuts because Brady didn't get a possession in O.T.

All off-season we hear about how an 8-8 team shouldn't be hosting playoff games and how our Super Bowl win was a fluke. Weeks later, the owners approve a measure to seed the playoffs strictly by record and they also agree to expand post-season O.T. so that first possession TDs don't end the game. Fans from other teams will basically have the attitude of "that Super Bowl didn't count," because of all of the controversies.

And all off-season, Saints fans will just be like:

hatersgonnahate-01.gif

9-7, NFCS champions, and beating Dallas during Wild Card Weekend

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom