My attempt at a Saints Offseason (2 Viewers)

jcollins9

Bring The WOOD!
Reaction score
Things are starting to happen, visits, cuts. Hard to sort it all out, but here's a try:

Trade: Saints trade #10 and #108(4th) to the Philidelphia Eagles for #19 and DB Lito Sheppard. Sheppard has missed games each of the last 3 seasons, and the Eagles trade him while his value is high. The Eagles select Leodis McKelvin with the 10th pick.

Free Agency:
Saints sign Zach Thomas, MLB; Corey Miller, DT, Drayton Florence, Db
Saints Re-sign the following:
Goodwin, Faine, Jamie Martin, Patten, Wynn, B. Young, B Miller, M Grammatica

Saints Extend M. Colston, J. Evans, and W. Smith

Draft:
#1 (19): Dan Connor, Lb, Penn State
#2 (40): Curtis Lofton, Lb, Oklahoma
#3 (78) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
#4 (109) Traded to Philly
#5 Matt Forte, Rb, (Great value pick here)
#6 Paul Hubbard, Wr, Wisconsin
#7 Matt Flynn, Qb, LSU (Yeah, it's a homer pick, but If we want someone for Payton to develop, why not him?)

I haven't done a lot of these, so go easy on me!

Last edited:
Its actually not too too bad. But I don't think Eagles will actually trade Lito to a NFC contender.

I love the Sean Conner pick. I want him bad at #10. Forget about reach. This guy will be a stud. Great person too.

I would not do it. I would much rather a straight up trade for Sheppard. Also, I am not a huge fan of taking Dan Connor in the first round. I do not think he is fluid and will have his share of struggles at the next level. He can be competent, a better version of Shanle if you ask me. I seriously doubt Matt Forte falls into the fifth round. Dre Moore could go mid-to-late second, early third.

We pick up 3 ILBs? 2 in the first 2 rounds. The chances of the Eagles going for that trade is low. Leodis may fall to them as is. If not they have other options. The Eagles may trade with us to get DeSean Jackson or one of the top WRs. All in all I don't see it happening, but good effort.

This is one of the most realistic FA and Trades i have seen yet so far... But i would change the draft
1.DRC
2.Lofton/Mayo
3.Royal/DJ Hall
4.trade to philly
5.best TE
6.best Safety
7.Best Player Avaible

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom