My attempt at the Saints 2008 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

KYSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think we all agree that our biggest needs are on defense. However, I know Payton will always want to explore offensive options. That said, here's what I think will happen.

10) Keith Rivers OLB (USC)
40) Dustin Keller TE (Purdue)
78) Justin King CB (Penn State)
146) Letroy Guion DT (Fla State)
178) Jacob Hester RB (LSU)
218) Matt Flynn QB (LSU)

What I'd like to see happen

10) Leodis McElvin DB/Ret (Troy) I think his talent plus the plus that he's the best return man not named DeSean Jackson in the draft makes him a no brainer for a spot with a glaring need. I know LB is still a need and I will address it later in the draft but the FA signings allow the option to pick a player later IMO.

40) Trevor Laws DT (Notre Dame) I really wanted Jerod Mayo here but no way his still there at 40 now. DT is a major concern with all of ours getting up there in age and Laws has a great motor/good character guy. Some may like Pat Sims for this spot but I just really like Laws.I know Payton will be tempted to take Keller but I have a TE in mind later that I think fills the need that Coach seeks.

78) Xavier Adibi OLB (Va Tech) Personally, I don't think he's but a notch below Rivers and I though he may go just before this I think he'll be there. If he's gone, Shawn Crable from Michigan would be an option. The truth is, I want to pick Wesley Woodyard here but I think most will find that a big reach at 78. I've seen him play for four years and he's always where the ball is and seldom is out of position. He is a punishing hitter.

146) Jacob Tamme TE (Kentucky) I think Tamme fits perfectly with the vertical passing game Payton would want at a TE. I don't think there is a TE with a better pair of hands. He's got good speed but is not a traditonal blocking TE. I'd also be interested in Kentucky OLB Wesley Woodyard if he fell to this spot (highly unlikely). He's a tweener that could end up at SS if his size prohibited him from playing WLB at the next level. He'd also be a beast on ST.

178)My dream would be for Josh Johnson QB (San Diego) to drop this far but I think he'll go in round 5. I'd be happy with either Hester or Benjarvis Green Ellis here.

218) If we don't land Johnson in round 6 I'd be happy with Flynn here. If we get Johnson, I'd go complete Kentucky homer and draft WR Steve Johnson if he's on the board still. I think he'll be a better pro than Keenan Burton. If he's gone, I think Darius Reynaud wr (West Virginia) would be there.

Appreciate any thoughts you have

Last edited:
Not familiar with King and Guion. How are they?

The came into college with big reps but I don't think either lived up to their billing. My point is I think they will address needs and they may be the best athlete on the board at that position when taken

King will be gone either first or second. Guion is a DT from Florida St. Projected to go in the 5-6. Adibi is going to be gone in the second. Flynn is very similar to Palko. Both have good foot speed, average accuracy. If we go QB, I would go with someone in round 6. I really like Ryan O'Hara. He is a major small school sleeper. Has a big arm and is huge. 6'5 235 and runs a 4.6. I think he would be a very good pick up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom