my awesome fiance (1 Viewer)

No offense but she should be more important than the draft. Me and my Fiance are planning a wedding now. I have told her I would like to aviod certain dates (kids birthdays, important family bdays, etc) but if she picks the draft day (and I am a huge fan) she wins out. Heck, I wouldn't care if she picked the day of the Superbowl and the Saints ended up going, I'd rather marry her.

I missed two home games last year to go on our honeymoon! But she is worth it, because she enjoys having season tix (among a million other things that make her so wonderful)

But if she is fine with shopping while you watch the draft, and you KNOW for a FACT she is fine, then I think youre good to go.

Every year, I have a draft party at my house. My fiance brings my child to her parents house, where they stay the night. All my buddies come over and we drink and grill and play poker and watch the draft. WHen the draft is over on Saturday, we drink a whole lot more and play poker till the wee hours of the morning. I don't allow any of my friends wives or kids to come(my friends love me for this, but the wives, not so much) because its just fellas. The wives get a weekend in Florida 2 themselves every year anyway.

Well, this year I had everything planned and BAMMM!! The fiance says her grandparents will be in town from April 24th thru April 27th and we're getting married on the 26th(draft day) because our Vegas trip fell thru with her new job. I hinted around for the next few days about the draft being that Day(she knows how much i love football) until it finally clicked in her head. When it did, I ducked for cover, but a funny thing happened. She simply said"ok, we'll get married the Friday before at justice of the peace." I was floored! No argument. Needless to say, if there ever was a doubt in my mind about marriage, at that very instany it was gone!! Just thought I'd share this with you!! Who Dat!!

Wow. They usually don't pull that move until AFTER you're married. Maybe she is just getting some practice in...

EVERY YEAR THE DRAFT COMES ON, (ITS USUALLY ON THE THIRD WEEKEND IN APRIL), MY ANNIVERSARY WILL FALL ON THAT WEEKEND!(TO BE HONEST, I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS. DAMN!!:covri: ) LAUGH AWAY FELLAS!!
You will probably be ok. The draft seems to move around a little. I know this from experience as my wifes B-Day is April 29th. I missed one draft myself.

Did you see what happened to that couple who had their wedding planned on the day the Saints played the Eagles at home for the playoffs? I think people in the wedding were even cancelling on them. Sure you'd show for your wedding, but what about your guests?

Just means less to spend on the wedding, lol......

dude,ive been married 5 years come june 27,im as obsessed a fan as they come,when we left the church,they played when the saints go marching in.This really is a touchy subject,its too bad yall couldnt get married the week after,that way the draft could be your bachelor party,your last free weekend with all your buds,i mean think about it.....just trying to help bro.

RT, luv da avatar. The Bundys were my fav show for so long--I had actually recorded them all and then edited out the commercials for pure Bundyism. Yes, this was in the days before DVDs & DVD burners... lol

katrina (dat beeeeyotch!!!) got my collection. :(

Ah man, I hate that dam Katrina.

my buddies and i get together every year for the draft as well, mainly because there is nothing to do generally that weekend. this year for me, it happens to fall on talladega weekend and I'll be at the race, but if my fiance were to trip up and happen to pick it that weekend i would be happier to be getting married. It's just the draft.

****Warning, unsolicited marriage advice****

Do yourself a favor... Go buy a Tivo, learn how to use it, set it to record the draft...

Follow through with your original marriage plans.

Trust me... If you're TRULY serious that she's the one, and you think that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with... Then show her what is most important. Football is great, it can be an obsession, but what is really more important? Sacrifice this for her, and it'll pay off ten-fold in the long run.

She'll realize you're serious, and in future situations if she might ever have reason to doubt your intentions, this will have given you leverage without you even having to try.

The draft is fun, its great, but if it would make my wife happy, I'd never watch one again... My willingness to give things like this up contributes to the fact that I don't have to give these things up (if that makes sense...)

Above all else, before you commit yourself to marriage, have a nice long communication with her... I say communicate and not talk because everyone talks all day long... It's rare that people truly communicate anymore.

Be honest, and don't assume she knows what you're thinking. Explain to her the same thing... Tell her "Don't ever think I know what you're thinking"... If she can be conditioned to truly explain herself and her needs, it makes everything a heckuva lot easier.

Good luck, and most of all... Find out TRUTHFULLY if she's 100% OK with you keeping your draft party plans before you go through with it.

I totally disagree. The shoe has to fit on the other foot as well, and your wife if she loves you, and wants you to be happy would understand that this is something you love. She would want you to be happy. It's not fair to lump all women into one catagory either, some understand, some don't, some lie in the middle where they accept it and don't get mad, but would prefer you not watch it. That is how my wife is, she's in the middle, but when she wants to run off with her friends on a 2 day shopping spree I just fork out some money and send her on her way. Marriage is about sacrifice for BOTH sides, and a good marriage understands and accepts that.

I totally disagree. The shoe has to fit on the other foot as well, and your wife if she loves you, and wants you to be happy would understand that this is something you love. She would want you to be happy. It's not fair to lump all women into one category either, some understand, some don't, some lie in the middle where they accept it and don't get mad, but would prefer you not watch it. That is how my wife is, she's in the middle, but when she wants to run off with her friends on a 2 day shopping spree I just fork out some money and send her on her way. Marriage is about sacrifice for BOTH sides, and a good marriage understands and accepts that.

I disagree with your disagreement. She's already shown she's willing to sacrifice for him by proposing to go to a JP instead of having the wedding. We're talking about a marriage here, not just a paper signing saying they're hitched. The right thing to do is to skip the draft. 30-40 years from now it won't matter that he missed that one day of football, but the memory of the day him & his wife walked the aisle together should be one that lasts a lifetime.

I totally disagree. The shoe has to fit on the other foot as well, and your wife if she loves you, and wants you to be happy would understand that this is something you love. She would want you to be happy. It's not fair to lump all women into one catagory either, some understand, some don't, some lie in the middle where they accept it and don't get mad, but would prefer you not watch it. That is how my wife is, she's in the middle, but when she wants to run off with her friends on a 2 day shopping spree I just fork out some money and send her on her way. Marriage is about sacrifice for BOTH sides, and a good marriage understands and accepts that.

I wrote up a nice long reply to this but then decided that I didn't want to start anymore Man Card disputes so instead I'll just say...

This whole thing was about deuce4pres' fiance being OK with rearranging their wedding around the draft and in the end, if he and his wife-to-be have an understanding, and he is 100% sure she is OK with the situation then I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Good Luck d4p! Congrats on your wedding!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom