my awesome fiance (2 Viewers)

deuce4pres

Drew Dat!
Reaction score
Every year, I have a draft party at my house. My fiance brings my child to her parents house, where they stay the night. All my buddies come over and we drink and grill and play poker and watch the draft. WHen the draft is over on Saturday, we drink a whole lot more and play poker till the wee hours of the morning. I don't allow any of my friends wives or kids to come(my friends love me for this, but the wives, not so much) because its just fellas. The wives get a weekend in Florida 2 themselves every year anyway.

Well, this year I had everything planned and BAMMM!! The fiance says her grandparents will be in town from April 24th thru April 27th and we're getting married on the 26th(draft day) because our Vegas trip fell thru with her new job. I hinted around for the next few days about the draft being that Day(she knows how much i love football) until it finally clicked in her head. When it did, I ducked for cover, but a funny thing happened. She simply said"ok, we'll get married the Friday before at justice of the peace." I was floored! No argument. Needless to say, if there ever was a doubt in my mind about marriage, at that very instany it was gone!! Just thought I'd share this with you!! Who Dat!!

Sounds like a great lady... congrats and have fun.

:worthy: Must be nice man. Everyone i know can't even get a yard pass. You get your house all to yourself. You are one lucky guy.

It sounds good now but you're screwed for the rest of your life. :covri:

****Warning, unsolicited marriage advice****

Do yourself a favor... Go buy a Tivo, learn how to use it, set it to record the draft...

Follow through with your original marriage plans.

Trust me... If you're TRULY serious that she's the one, and you think that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with... Then show her what is most important. Football is great, it can be an obsession, but what is really more important? Sacrifice this for her, and it'll pay off ten-fold in the long run.

She'll realize you're serious, and in future situations if she might ever have reason to doubt your intentions, this will have given you leverage without you even having to try.

The draft is fun, its great, but if it would make my wife happy, I'd never watch one again... My willingness to give things like this up contributes to the fact that I don't have to give these things up (if that makes sense...)

Above all else, before you commit yourself to marriage, have a nice long communication with her... I say communicate and not talk because everyone talks all day long... It's rare that people truly communicate anymore.

Be honest, and don't assume she knows what you're thinking. Explain to her the same thing... Tell her "Don't ever think I know what you're thinking"... If she can be conditioned to truly explain herself and her needs, it makes everything a heckuva lot easier.

Good luck, and most of all... Find out TRUTHFULLY if she's 100% OK with you keeping your draft party plans before you go through with it.

False

Do yourself a favor... Go buy a Tivo, learn how to use it, set it to record the draft...

Trust me... If you're TRULY serious that she's the one, and you think that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with... Then show her what is most important. Football is great, it can be an obsession, but what is really more important? Sacrifice this for her, and it'll pay off ten-fold in the long run.

She'll realize you're serious, and in future situations if she might ever have reason to doubt your intentions, this will have given you leverage without you even having to try.

The draft is fun, its great, but if it would make my wife happy, I'd never watch one again... My willingness to give things like this up contributes to the fact that I don't have to give these things up (if that makes sense...)

Above all else, before you commit yourself to marriage, have a nice long communication with her... I say communicate and not talk because everyone talks all day long... It's rare that people truly communicate anymore.

Be honest, and don't assume she knows what you're thinking. Explain to her the same thing... Tell her "Don't ever think I know what you're thinking"... If she can be conditioned to truly explain herself and her needs, it makes everything a heckuva lot easier.

Good luck, and most of all... Find out TRUTHFULLY if she's 100% OK with you keeping your draft party plans before you go through with it.

This will just reinforce bad habits.... You have to train her right and it is best to be stern at the beginning. Hold your ground, don't budge. She will read through it and smell the fear like a WOLF and instincts will kick in.

She's getting the credit card and going shopping all day saturday with her mom and grandma(who will buy her even more). She's getting a grand to spend on herself from me, so I think she's happy. We've been together 4 1/2 years.

:plus-un2: This is a wise man.

She's getting the credit card and going shopping all day saturday with her mom and grandma(who will buy her even more). She's getting a grand to spend on herself from me, so I think she's happy. We've been together 4 1/2 years.

No offense but she should be more important than the draft. Me and my Fiance are planning a wedding now. I have told her I would like to aviod certain dates (kids birthdays, important family bdays, etc) but if she picks the draft day (and I am a huge fan) she wins out. Heck, I wouldn't care if she picked the day of the Superbowl and the Saints ended up going, I'd rather marry her.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom