My big worry going into the game is Raven are going to attack the interior line. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On top of that, they lead the NFL in blitzing. I feel they are gonna attack the interior all game. This isn't a new concept. Ravens been doing that since Brees came to NOLA.

Playing against a first year DC. We don't have a lot of tape of their diguses and packages outside of these 6 games. Hopefully, we are more prepared than the Steelers were.

Definitely, a game decided in the trenches. Peat, Unger, and Watford.... Are gonna be tested.

We definitely need to catch them with the screen game when they send the house.

You don't beat Brees by blitzing him. You do it with front 4, middle pressure and coverage.

Unfortunately for them, we have one of the best interior 3s in the game.

hit them with screens, quick slants, outside running zone plays should slow them down a bit..

A quote from a Ravens forum:

"The Saints come marching into Baltimore with a Top 3 offense (no surprise) and a stout #1 run defense (on paper). Their pass defense has been putrid, giving up nearly 10 yards per catch. I mentioned the run defense being stout on paper and it's hard to gauge how good they since they have had a couple blowouts and a couple track meet games where the opponents completely ditched the run game."

This is a common theme we will here over and over about the Saints' run D. The implication being that no one attempts to run the ball against the Saints. In fact, teams have attempted 23.2 rushes PER game against the Saints D. How many rush attempts are made per game against the Ravens D? 21.2. But the Ravens rush D (on paper lol) looks almost as good as the Saints - giving up 3.9 yards per attempt vs the Saints 3.1 per attempt.

This is the game (along with the Rams) where I hope the Saints DL really shines. Even if they do and the Saints win comfortably, Ithink the story line would be the how great the Saints O was and how awful the Ravens O line played against a sorry Saints D.

You don't beat Brees by blitzing him. You do it with front 4, middle pressure and coverage.

I agree with that. When you blitz Brees... he picks you apart. If the Ravens play the Saints the same way they played the Titans, they will lose.

A quote from a Ravens forum:

"The Saints come marching into Baltimore with a Top 3 offense (no surprise) and a stout #1 run defense (on paper). Their pass defense has been putrid, giving up nearly 10 yards per catch. I mentioned the run defense being stout on paper and it's hard to gauge how good they since they have had a couple blowouts and a couple track meet games where the opponents completely ditched the run game."

This is a common theme we will here over and over about the Saints' run D. The implication being that no one attempts to run the ball against the Saints. In fact, teams have attempted 23.2 rushes PER game against the Saints D. How many rush attempts are made per game against the Ravens D? 21.2. But the Ravens rush D (on paper lol) looks almost as good as the Saints - giving up 3.9 yards per attempt vs the Saints 3.1 per attempt.

This is the game (along with the Rams) where I hope the Saints DL really shines. Even if they do and the Saints win comfortably, Ithink the story line would be the how great the Saints O was and how awful the Ravens O line played against a sorry Saints D.

23.2 is low compared to the passing plays teams are running on this defense. The Browns and Giants had a bit of early success running on us in those games and then abandoned the run to go pass happy. For the Browns, it worked when they pulled off that hail mary. We gave up a hail mary in our first 3 games and several passes that went over 30-50 yards.

I don't buy into this run defense truly being a top shut down unit in the league yet. The jury is out until we face teams that commit to the run, which may not happen for a while since it's easier to just throw all over our weak secondary. I am expecting the Rams and Bengals to run on us, since those offenses do lean more on their rushing attack.

At this point I'm not worried about any team on our schedule, in fact they should be worried about us. The entire off season these teams have been game planning for Brees. Taysom Hill just changed the way teams have to game plan for us, on top of that Ingram's back to grind out those taught yards at the end of games. These is our year WhoDat Nation. A win like this will put the NFL on notice, and B.S.P.N will keep report fake news, example did you see how Aaron Rodgers throws the ball running to the left while being pressured 80 yards downfield.

23.2 is low compared to the passing plays teams are running on this defense. The Browns and Giants had a bit of early success running on us in those games and then abandoned the run to go pass happy. For the Browns, it worked when they pulled off that hail mary. We gave up a hail mary in our first 3 games and several passes that went over 30-50 yards.

I don't buy into this run defense truly being a top shut down unit in the league yet. The jury is out until we face teams that commit to the run, which may not happen for a while since it's easier to just throw all over our weak secondary. I am expecting the Rams and Bengals to run on us, since those offenses do lean more on their rushing attack.

Its kind of a catch 22, if your run D plays light out, then teams will attempt less runs. But I agree the Rams, Cowboys and Carolina will be our D's test as far as run D goes.

IMO the Browns (other than the QB) did not have much success running against the Saints. And other than the 28 yard run Barkley made, the Giants run game was stopped too. If the Saints can continue to pressure the QB and keep the back end fixed, the total D will be more than just middle-of-the-pack IMO.
Screenshot_20181016-111642.pngScreenshot_20181016-111758.png

Exactly. They will definitely try to pressure up the middle to stop Brees but the interior o line is one of our strengths also. It will come down to who’s ready to play in the trenches.

the offense dictates how much other teams run on the saints defense. saints come out and score a touch down on the first possession, teams get really nervous and already start thinking about abandoning their playbook. if they score first, then force a punt, and score again, they go 5 wide all the time lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom