My case trading up for Noah Fant (1 Viewer)

Of the Iowa TEs, I'd rather see the Saints draft Hockensen than Fant...

The league is absolutely flooded with great TE's drafted in the past 2-3 years, so I think a stud TE should fall to us at 62 or even later. Normally I don't like TE's higher than round 3, but it's a position of need. Receivers that can make YAC on short passes is what we need, and TE's fit the bill.

TE is a position that doesn't typically translate quickly. 1st year is usually "average" even amongst the elite players coming out. I don't think it would be in the team's best interest to spend heavy capital by moving up in the draft to take Fant. I really like Fant, but because you already have Cook it would seem wiser to select a Dawson Knox, Foster Moreau, Jace Sternberger, etc. in rounds 2-5 if that is the position you would like to target.

I think there are very good TE’s in the later rounds that can contribute just as much as Fant would. Foster Moreau is a great blocker and a pretty good receiver just under utilized in LSU’s Offense.

You clearly have not seen the two of them play. Knox runs like he's stuck in sand and he gets his routes jumped all the time. Also, how does a TE with those physical gifts in a passing offense that prolific NEVER score a TD? No doubt he has some physical tools, but they have yet to actually be used on the field as far as what I saw.
Ask George Kittle.

He also possesses Fant's Skills.

Also don't forget that Mike Gesecki was arguably even more athletic than all three last year.

Ask George Kittle.

He also possesses Fant's Skills.

Also don't forget that Mike Gesecki was arguably even more athletic than all three last year.
Not real sure how you think any of that makes the argument that Dawson Knox is on par with Fant...

I'm not married to a prospect, but I've longed for the Saints to have two legit dominant TE's on the field at the same time ever since I saw what the Patriots were doing with Gronk and Hernandez - that was lethal. You get something like that going, and add in a Micheal Thomas, Alvin Kamara, and either a TQS/Cam/Ginn and I think I'd have an orgasm every time the offense takes the field. The only "weakness" (or area a defense would have to put all its eggs in exploiting) would be the offensive line, because this offense would look more dangerous than the 2011 version.

If the Saints managed to get an instant impact Aaron Hernandez type TE to line up opposite Cook, and shore up depth on the offensive line, Drew would actually become the weak link on offense - and that means we'd be in for a prolific year.

I picked Sternberger in the second and the USC OT in the third in this group on Facebook but it cost me a 2020 2nd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom