My chips are all in (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Stay put and pull the trigger on Jarvis Jones if he slides to us. The next place he could hand is the steelers@ 17 and although there are several guys that would be great consolation prizes that would be available if we trade back..i think its a must that our first draft be a hit.

Jarvis Jones will be a hit.

After listening to Pioli talk about how a guys timed speed didn't translate well to the field because his reaction time was slow.

I think this is the rare case of a guy who times slow but his reaction time allows him to play MUCH faster. Running drills against air does nothing for him. Its when hes allowed to play that he shines. Hes a turnover machine and a sack ARTIST.

Someone mentioned how Mingo has an 80 inch wingspan. Thats nice...Jarvis Jones has a 78in wingspan 3inch shorter. He also naturally plays with good pad level so being shorter allows him to play with leverage. Lowest man always wins. His long arms allow him to create separation..his reaction skills allow him to get his feet moving towards the play very quickly.

If we can snaggle a 3rd from The Jets for Ivory i think staying put and drafting Jarvis Jones@ 15 will be one of the wisest decisions we make in a long time. We just need a playmaker for this defense. Someone teams need to plan for. We don't need our 1st pick to be this potential guy...we need it to be a football player.

Jones is that guy.

**Side Rant

I'm going to put my homer glasses/negotiation glasses on.

*Jets just allowed it to leak that they are willing to trade for Ivory with nearly a week left before the deadline. This allows the chance for us to leverage with ANY team that shows interest.

* The jets said they WILL NOT give up a 2nd. That just tells me that the ceiling is a 3rd. Thats purely a business view.

*If Jets do pull of the trade to the Bucs having a 1st or 2nd and no 3rd cushions the blow.

*Id take a 4th for Ivory and skip away..but if i could talk them into a 3rd id try. Id take a 5th and a player.

Back to Jones. The dude will be a monster. He's got the production and im leaning with my gut feeling here that the explaination for his timed speed vs his success on the field is a simple one. He plays the game @ a different speed.

Who you with?

Jones for 15...get on the bandwagon.:worthy:

I'm hung on Alec ogletree more than anyone else like u are about Jarvis. Sorry to thread jack. Ogletree to me looks like the big splash pick.

My chips are all in on Tavon Austin. My reasoning:

He is a game changing playmaker, that is versatile, and could elevate our offense to "unstoppable" to "outta the freaking planet". Also, SP would have a chub while designing plays to get him the ball.

Sure Jones was a defensive playmaker, but is he a game changer that can step in immediately a la Patrick Willis? I really like Jones, but there are some red flags regarding his medical condition and his pro day workout. Are these things an overly huge deal-NO, however, they must be considered. We must nail on this pick at #15.

The knock I can find on Austin is his size, which, doesn't bother me bc my favorite team already has a guy named Sproles and he's pretty effective. Plus, their height can be considered an advantage, not to mention their speed is lethal.

I also feel like we have been making all of these defensive free agent pickups to possibly go offense if the right player fell to #15. Just my opinion.

He is a game changing playmaker, that is versatile, and could elevate our offense to "unstoppable" to "outta the freaking planet". Also, SP would have a chub while designing plays to get him the ball.

Sure Jones was a defensive playmaker, but is he a game changer that can step in immediately a la Patrick Willis? I really like Jones, but there are some red flags regarding his medical condition and his pro day workout. Are these things an overly huge deal-NO, however, they must be considered. We must nail on this pick at #15.

The knock I can find on Austin is his size, which, doesn't bother me bc my favorite team already has a guy named Sproles and he's pretty effective. Plus, their height can be considered an advantage, not to mention their speed is lethal.

I also feel like we have been making all of these defensive free agent pickups to possibly go offense if the right player fell to #15. Just my opinion.

Until he gets hit.

What if i told you there was a bigger faster sturdier player that could be had much later in the draft.

Josh Boyce Draft Profile

Josh Boyce. You put him in that offense and he puts up the same or better #'s. Don't fall for the hype. Austin could be a role player but ur crazy to think hes an everydown player. You don't take those guys@ 15 not on a team like this. Hell you could compare him to Reggie bush and u wouldn't take him 2nd when u look back. Maybe not even in the 1st round. so why would u take a guy who is 30lbs lighter and 4in shorter 15?

He gets hit a few times and its over.

Boyce is bigger and runs faster....and can be had for much less and accomplish the same thing.

No NO no NO NO to Tavon Austin@15.

Ill take Ryan Swope over austin who is taller and bigger and runs faster.

Several WR prospects in this draft that are built better than Austin with similar #'s that have NFL bodies. I could argue Marquise Goodwin is better than Austin@that same size..and i wouldn't take him with the 15th pick.

What if i told you there was a bigger faster sturdier player that could be had much later in the draft.

Josh Boyce Draft Profile

Josh Boyce. You put him in that offense and he puts up the same or better #'s. Don't fall for the hype. Austin could be a role player but ur crazy to think hes an everydown player. You don't take those guys@ 15 not on a team like this. Hell you could compare him to Reggie bush and u wouldn't take him 2nd when u look back. Maybe not even in the 1st round. so why would u take a guy who is 30lbs lighter and 4in shorter 15?

He gets hit a few times and its over.

Boyce is bigger and runs faster....and can be had for much less and accomplish the same thing.

No NO no NO NO to Tavon Austin@15.

Ill take Ryan Swope over austin who is taller and bigger and runs faster.

Several WR prospects in this draft that are built better than Austin with similar #'s that have NFL bodies. I could argue Marquise Goodwin is better than Austin@that same size..and i wouldn't take him with the 15th pick.
Austin does it all. Besides, our offense doesn't have everydown players bc of SP's substitution packages. Maybe Colston, Graham, and maybe Collins might be the exceptions, but even they get subbed out, so there will be no need for Austin to be an every down back. The only problem would be: is too many playmakers on our offense (for opposing defenses that is).

If he cant take a hit then he's in the wrong profession. Perhaps the same thing could b said about ur boy Jones, who has a spinal condition that may or may not b a lingering problem while playing at a very high impact position

Word!

i really wanna trade down and draft jamie collins and terron armstead

If he cant take a hit then he's in the wrong profession. Perhaps the same thing could b said about ur boy Jones, who has a spinal condition that may or may not b a lingering problem while playing at a very high impact position

Jones got clearned last i heard...he didn't even get asked back for the medical recheck. The problem is his physical attributes don't match up with his production.

As far as Austin its not if he can take a hit...anyplayer can "take" a hit. Its how many can he withstand @ the professional level@that size? He would be a firebug no doubt but he isn't an everydown player. He couldn't be on and run block for you. He'd be a package player. I don't want a package player in this offense with the 15th pick. Meachem was a package player@ 28 and we wish we could have that pick back now.

No no no to austin.

If you main problem with Jones is his medical then im fine with that he has red flags popping all over the place..but im going out on a limb and saying he will be a fine rush LB in the NFL.

Thats my prediction.

i really wanna trade down and draft jamie collins and terron armstead

Collins was one of the consolation prizes i was talking about.

The ideal situation is we trade back...and Jones gets past the steelers and falls to where we land.

Collins, Ogletree, Jones(if he falls) Kawaan Short,Carradine,Margus Hunt,Damontre Moore(if he falls)

Would all be excellent picks if we were to trade back.

Jones is my man in this draft if im the saints. We need a playmaker on D and this guy fits the bill if u look@ college production. Forget the combine forget his #'s just look@ his measurements and the tape. Draw your own conclusion. Look@ our needs. We need that ONE guy on defense that teams have to gameplan for. He could be that guy..

Jones got clearned last i heard...he didn't even get asked back for the medical recheck. The problem is his physical attributes don't match up with his production.

As far as Austin its not if he can take a hit...anyplayer can "take" a hit. Its how many can he withstand @ the professional level@that size? He would be a firebug no doubt but he isn't an everydown player. He couldn't be on and run block for you. He'd be a package player. I don't want a package player in this offense with the 15th pick. Meachem was a package player@ 28 and we wish we could have that pick back now.

No no no to austin.

If you main problem with Jones is his medical then im fine with that he has red flags popping all over the place..but im going out on a limb and saying he will be a fine rush LB in the NFL.

Thats my prediction.
Meachem couldn't do half of the things that Austin does. Besides, had Meachem not showed up to camp out of shape, got the playbook down in a timely fashion, not been so flat footed, caught with his hands instead of his body, blocked a little better, and been a better route runner-then maybe he could have been more than a package player. Meachem failed to distance himself from the other WRs (excluding Colston) to be the clear cut #2 WR. It's his own fault.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom