My defensive thoughts (2 Viewers)

This defense is all we need to win the superbowl. A top 10-15 defense is what we have. We aren't as good against the run as it seams, and all the passing yardage against us is scewed by two halves of teams playing catch up.

Jabari is playing lights out, he has been very pleasing. Fujita has been invisible, replace him somehow.

The GW defense has given new life to Sharper. But Shanle has come outta nowhere with his play. Both his ints came from Fujita's side. Is Fujita getting pulled when the Saints go nickel?

This defense is all we need to win the superbowl. A top 10-15 defense is what we have. We aren't as good against the run as it seams, and all the passing yardage against us is scewed by two halves of teams playing catch up.

Jabari is playing lights out, he has been very pleasing. Fujita has been invisible, replace him somehow.

The GW defense has given new life to Sharper. But Shanle has come outta nowhere with his play. Both his ints came from Fujita's side. Is Fujita getting pulled when the Saints go nickel?

Teams arent really leaning towards Fujita's side, which I'm going to take as a sign of good playing? Shanle is a guy who took heat for no real reason. I had questions on Shanle's ability in coverage, but never doubted his football IQ or tackling ability, just his ability to "keep up". Teams seem to think Shanle is a weak link which to me is why alot of the plays go to his side, however Shanle is making quite a big statement. Shanle has been awesome in every aspect of his game. Fujita has also been a consistently solid player, but apparently it seems if a Saints player isnt getting 20 tackles a game or whatever they must instantly be cut/traded because they are "inferior":rolleyes:

I credit alot of this to GW putting the players in a position to succeed. He's been the biggest signing since Drew Brees.

My only beef with the Saints defense is Will Smith and Charles Grant. Has anyone heard from them? I havnt seen them the past 2 games... for the amount they are getting paid it would sure be nice if they were mutli-purpose DEs and not situational.

Its funny about people just dogging the D. People we have not really have seen the D turn it on. We have been blitzing very little and have been plain and beating people. So lets have this talk say after the next 8 or 9 games down the road. I think then we have a better picture of the D. But some good talk about it here too.

You know

Regardless of QB is a pretty big statement. The QB has a lot to do with it. I haven't heard many people on the board say your defense is bad. All i keep hearing is how great the pass D is and how stout the Run D is.

I still think its too early to tell how any defense is going to be. One thing that i think is known by everyone on the board is 1) Your secondary looks much better 2) You still need to find someone to get to the QB.

If it were me I'd bench Grant for McCray. He looked solid last year. He looked like the best rushing DE yall had.

benching Grant might very well be the way to go because he certainly doesn't seem to have a fire under his fat arse.

Fundamental football.

#1: Stop the run.

#2: Pressure the passer & cover receivers to force QB to rush or get rid of the ball

The more consistently you do #1, the more success you'll have. We've done well at #1, and that's huge. Our defense is definitely improved. More work to do??? You bet. But I like the direction we're headed.

Just my :tpenny:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom