My draft scenario (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is a blend of my ideal scenario and what I think is possible:
1st Round: Trade #10 overall to Philadelphia for Lito Sheppard and #19 overall. Sheppard's contract is extremely cap-friendly and he is an upgrade over David/Gay. With the #19 pick take S Phillips
2nd Round: Take either Balmer or Laws.
3rd Round: Take Marcus Howard to play WLB
5th Round: Take either WR Jacob Tamme or WR Marcus Monk for insurance. Both can play similar roles to Colston. Tamme, in particular, should be similar. Right now he is slightly smaller and slightly faster than Colston was entering the draft. He could probably (looking at his frame) easily lose 10 pounds and lose .1 second off his forty time (placing him at 6-4, 4.51 forty). He catches the ball well with his hands and is EXTREMELY intelligent, as well as a hard worker. IMHO I think he could be almost as good as Colston (think Colston, but not quite as physical but better with finesse)
6th Round: Take Brandon Coutu, K. I know taking kickers isn't sexy, but Coutu's a winner. Anyone who has watch SEC football knows that Coutu makes clutch kicks and has a strong leg.
7th Round: Jacob Hester (RB/FB/ILB). Hester, IMO, has too many leadership abilities to pass him up at this point. While I think Hester could be a RB/FB in the NFL, I think his skills translate exceptionally well to ILB(maybe just a backup, but you never know). He runs well downhill, has decent speed for a LB (4.6), uses his hands well, and can take on and shed blocks. At worst, I believe he could take Gleason's place as a tremendous career special teamer.

So, in the end, we look like this:
DL: Grant, Thomas, Laws, Smith (Sub. McCrary for Grant and Young for Thomas on 3rd downs)
LB: Fujita, Vilma, Morgan (Sub. Howard for Morgan on 3rd downs)
CB: McKenzie and Sheppard
S: Phillips and Bullocks (who the staff likes)

Last edited:
Love the first pick. Cason is not a FS and wont be their by our second pick. If we go TE in the third we wont go in the 5th. Monk wont be their in the 4th. Howard is a 2/3rd round talent not 7th.

Love the first pick. Cason is not a FS and wont be their by our second pick. If we go TE in the third we wont go in the 5th. Monk wont be their in the 4th. Howard is a 2/3rd round talent not 7th.

I see Tamme as a possession WR. I don't think his body can handle much more weight, and he's simply too small to be a TE. Conversely, I think his body could easily shed 10-15 lbs. and add more speed. As far as Cason, he hand excellent instincts and movement to the ball while it is in the air. On the other hand, he lacks acceleration and hip fluidity. Those characteristics project him to be a better S in the NFL than CB. The major question at S would be his tackling. Lastly, Monk has injury concerns and could well be there in the 5th, and Howard is 2nd round talent but plays like a late round/FA. He reminds me a lot of Greg Blue, except that he isn't as athletic as Blue. (Note: after doing a little research, I am editing my original post)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom