My excitement today.... (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Typically my days are pretty boring so it doesn't take much but here it goes....

Walked out with the little one to wait on the bus today and see this in the field across from our house.
IMG_20191213_074759.jpg
It's a little hard to see in that picture but it's a deer hanging upside down in a fence. I go over to look and see if I can free it after I called the game warden and left a message. I walk up to it pretty slow and see it was a little button buck that was next level ticked off. I'm no animal behavior expert but his ears were pinned back and he was giving me the stink eye. Now I'm a little worried if I cut him loose I'm going to have to tell everyone for year about the time a deer beat me senseless.
I ease up to him really slow and making no sudden movement. He let me walk up beside him and he was just staring at me. I tried to work his foot out of the fence with no luck. By now he senses that I'm there to help I think because he was really calm considering his situation.
After studying my options for a few minutes I back out really slow and walk back to the house and get a hack saw. Now this is the part of the story where I told my daughter I cut his leg off to which she gasped loudly haha....I didn't do that but I like messing with the kids.
I came in from the opposite direction this time so the fence would be between us when I free him because again.....a deer butt kicking was still a concern. I cut the top wire on the fence and got his leg out. He was bleeding from where the wire had cut into him but his leg wasn't broke which was another concern I had. He just stood there and looked at me. I just stood still for a few minutes and slowly backed out so I didn't spook him. After I got a few yards back he started walking up through the field and the last time I saw him he jumped the other fence....this time successfully. Like I say...doesn't take much to add excitement to my day but this did and gave me a good feeling.

I’d say the deer owes you one. You’ll never know when you’re gonna need it, but one day you will - and he’ll be there to return the favor. He’ll wink at you before he runs back to the woods, so you’ll know it’s him.

I’d say the deer owes you one. You’ll never know when you’re gonna need it, but one day you will - and he’ll be there to return the favor. He’ll wink at you before he runs back to the woods, so you’ll know it’s him.
Remember my thread a couple days ago about my son hitting one and it totalling his car? Don't think I wasn't thinking about that as I'm freeing him from that fence. Haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom