My first 2008 mock (2 rounds) (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I like this right now, but FA could alter it some still. (COMPLETE SAINTS DRAFT AT END)

1st Round

1 – Dolphins – Chris Long – DE/OLB – Virginia – 6’3 275lbs – Bill Parcells loves this guy and he can play a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. He has great genes and a great heart. He loves to play and is one of the best DEs to come out in several years. I think Sedrick Ellis is a possibility here because he can play NT or 3-technique and is simply massive.

2 – Rams – Vernon Gholston – DE/OLB – Ohio St. – 6’3 268lbs – I’m not in love with this guy as much as some are, but he has awesome tools and is an equal athlete to Chris Long. He should at least be good and he could become great if his heart ever matches his talent. The Rams are in dire need of front seven help. Jake Long is possible here but Gholston makes more sense and is a better value.

3 – Falcons – Matt Ryan – QB – Boson College – 6’5 239lbs – They held onto Harrington and Redman, but they need to build around a young QB. Brian Brohm is still my favorite QB in this draft, but Ryan has the physical tools to be a Troy Aikman type of QB. He should be a much better (although not scarier) QB than Vick ever was. Darren McFadden isn’t out of the question here—neither is Jake Long or Glen Dorsey.

4 – Raiders – Sedrick Ellis – DT – USC – 6’1 312lbs – Al Davis wants Chris Long and loves Darren McFadden, but their front seven is decimated and they just resigned Fargas long term at RB. Ellis can step into the NT spot next to Tommy Kelly and start on day one if they get him signed. He’s not a big sacker but he is a playmaker who should’ve won the Outland and Lombardi awards.

5 – Chiefs – Jake Long – OT – Michigan – 6’7 316lbs – I keep hearing the term clean with Jake and I do like him but he isn’t the athlete that other top-ten tackles have been in recent years and in the film I’ve watched, he bends at the waist a little too much and lacks awesome balance. He is a fine talent though and the best overall tackle in the draft and the Chiefs need a LT more than anyone.

6 – Jets – Darren McFadden – RB – Arkansas – 6’1 213lbs – He is quite possibly the best player in the draft and he could go to the Falcons or the Raiders. Several teams will likely try to trade up to get his services if he is still here at 6 because despite a few idiots who think otherwise, he is special. The Jets need speed and playmakers and Darren fits both bills. He could be better than Adrian Peterson as a rookie. Glenn Dorsey is possible too if McFadden is gone—as is Keith Rivers.

7 – Patriots – (from 49ers) – Keith Rivers – OLB – USC – 6’2 243lbs – People are talking about a DB here but the Pats need to bring youth to their LBing corps. Their front seven needs strength and Rivers is easily the best LB in the draft. He can run and hit as well as anyone and is a four year starter as USC. He could start from day one and replace one of their aging LBers. A trade up for Gholston isn’t out of the question.

8 – Ravens – Glen Dorsey – DT – LSU – 6’1 299lbs – His lack of overall bulk hurts him a touch and his injury history knocks him out of the top-5. I like him but Ellis is a better overall player. Having said that, Dorsey has more than a little of Warren Sapp in him and can be very disruptive when healthy or excited. He will start at the 3-tech spot on day one. Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas are possible, as is Phil Merling.

9 – Bengals – Phillip Merling – DE – Clemson – 6’4 279lbs – He stands out on tape and is a pure DE in a 4-3 scheme that can play the pass with greatness and will get much better against the run. He can get bigger and shows great burst and pass rushing instincts; also, he is very stout at the point. He will immediately help the Bengal front seven. Quinton Groves isn’t out of the question.

10 – Saints – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – CB – Tennessee St. – 6’1 186lbs – Coming from a 1-AA school, he lacks great refinement (occasional extra steps) but he has simply awesome tools, size, and speed. His awareness and instincts are stellar and he breaks on the ball as quickly as anyone I’ve seen since Terrence Newman came out. He is also a very solid return man with the ability to make people miss. If Rivers or Dorsey falls, either could go here, but DB is more likely.

11 – Bills – Leodis McKelvin – CB – Troy – 5’10 192lbs – The Bills need speed and playmakers on both sides of the ball, but their lack of solid CB play hurt them last year. McKelvin is very instinctual and is a solid athlete from top to bottom. He needs reps and refinement but his ability is very good and his cover ability is needed here. Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas could go here, as could Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert.

12 – Broncos – Kentwan Balmer – DT – North Carolina – 6’4 311lbs – The Broncos could go WR or OT here but they are in desperate need for a DT and Balmer is massive and extremely strong at the point; also, he can be disruptive in the pocket and he seems to have great instincts. His hand and foot quickness really stand out as well. He will team with Marcus Thomas to form a solid DT tandem.

13 – Panthers – Ryan Clady – OT – Boise St. – 6’6 312lbs – The only real choice here is whether the Panthers take Clady or Brandon Albert or another O-lineman. Clady could fit in nicely at LT and he is the most athletic lineman in the draft and he has the most upside. The biggest hole on this team is their O-line. Clady makes more sense to me than Albert because of his experience at LT and I like him better than Otah or Williams.

14 – Bears Devin Thomas – WR – Michigan St. – 6’2 217lbs – The Bears Need WR and safety help, but WR must be a priority. Thomas is used to the cold weather and he could become a lethal weapon for whomever is playing QB. He is cat-quick and super fast, plus his size is outstanding. Is he a one year wonder, I do not think so, but he drops a few too many passes.

15 – Lions – Brandon Albert – OL – Virginia – 6’6 312lbs – The Lions have a good young team but they need depth and strength along the O-line and Albert can play inside or out—although he mostly played LG at UVA. He is very athletic and powerful and he should immediately help that young backfield by playing LG; also, he has the room to get bigger and stronger. Rashard Mendenhall isn’t out of the question here.

16 – Cardinals – Derrick Harvey – DE – Florida – 6’5 293lbs – The Cards need help at CB and D-line and RB and LB but the biggest need by far is at both the DE spot and the LB spot. Harvey is a massive DE who will fit well in this 3-4 defense and work opposite Darnell Dockett. Harvey is quick and extremely stout and athletic and can be very disruptive. He can stack the point and is a rock against the run, plus he has the size and athleticism to play inside at times. Aqib Talib or Rashard Mendenhall are both possible here.

17 – Vikings – Cliff Avril – OLB/DE – Purdue – 6’3 255lbs – Some people have timed him in the 4.4 range and he is cat-quick and explosive off of the snap—very similar to Demarcus Ware—but he has always played DE and he is now seen more as a SAM; however, I believe he can still be effective with his hand in the dirt as well as a DE. He is instinctive and active and is always in an opponent’s backfield. Either Chris Williams or Jeff Otah is very possible here too.

18 – Texans – Rashard Mendenhall – RB – Illinois – 5’10 227lbs – This is quite possibly the most overrated player in the draft but he is solid at hitting creases and he is stout and quick. He should be able to provide the Texans with a much more consistent running game. If Albert or Clady fall, either could go here, plus a WR like Limas Sweed is very possible.

19 – Eagles – Limas Sweed – WR – Texas – 6’4 216lbs – He will give McNabb options like he’s never had as an Eagle. Sweed, Curtis, and Reggie Brown should immediately form one of the best WR corps in the league. He will allow McNabb to expand the offense, and his size, speed, and talent will make him an instant star. He isn’t quite Roy Williams, but he is darn close. A DE or an OT is possible.

20 – Buccaneers – Mike Jenkins – CB – S. Florida – 5’10 199lbs – They need a CB and a WR the most. Jenkins is an ultra talented DB that can play bump coverage with the best of them; also, he could move into safety as well because of his range. He lacks height but he is cat quick and is one of the best return men in the country. James Hardy isn’t out of the question here either.

21 – Redskins – Quinton Groves – DE/OLB – Auburn – 6’3 253lbs – He can play either a rush end position or play OLB. He is a stellar athlete who has run faster than 4.55 at his size and he was the scariest pass rusher in the country last year, including Long and Gholston. A big WR like Malcolm Kelly isn’t out of the question—neither is Kenny Phillips at Safety.

22 – Cowboys – (from Browns) – Aqib Talib – CB – Kansas – 6’1 204lbs – The Pokes have been searching for someone to line up opposite Terrence Newman for a few years now and Talib is an instinctive and athletic CB who makes his share of plays. They have or will sign Pac-Man Jones but he is no sure thing. Talib needs to work on keeping his base low and not taking extra steps. I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see an O-lineman or a WR here either.

23 – Steelers – Jeff Otah – OL – Pitt – 6’6 323lbs – He’s a big local guy that can step in and play LG as a rookie (replace Fanneca) and possibly move outside later on. He is a mauler who simply loves to get in there and fight; plus, he has a nasty attitude. He isn’t the most athletic, but he is quick off the ball and has very quick hands. The Steelers biggest needs are on the O-line but LB isn’t out of the question either.

24 – Titans – Trevor Laws – NT – Notre Dame – 6’1 307lbs – The Titans want to beef up the D-line and Laws will be the perfect compliment to Albert Haynesworth. He is unbelievably disruptive and stout at the point. He is ideal for the nose but can play 3-tech too. He is very smart and quick and he should start early in Tennessee. Vince Young wants a dynamic WR to throw to and Malcolm Kelly is an option. Calais Campbell is possible at DE too.

25 – Seahawks – James Hardy – WR – Indiana – 6’5 218lbs – The Hawks want to make a serious run at the Super Bowl but they need WR help and Hardy is a special talent with size and great quickness. With his size, he can simply tower over most CBs and outmuscle them too. He is similar to a Larry Fitzgerald. A linear pass-catcher in the mold of Plaxico Burress. He is more fast than quick but he has an instinctual knack of where to be and when to be there. He fights hard and he loves to play. He has massive hands. Kenny Phillips is possible too.

26 – Jaguars – Calais Campbell – DE – Miami – 6’8 294lbs – He could be the next coming of Ed “Too Tall” Jones. Campbell is an instinctive and powerful DE who can also play outside and inside. He is stout against the run and he can be very disruptive, plus he has a simply huge wingspan and is pretty athletic. He needs refinement but he has great tools and a great heart. Jeff Otah is not out of the question here either.

27 – Chargers – Chris Williams – T/G – Vanderbilt – 6’6 317lbs – He should step in opposite Marcus McNeil immediately at RT. He could easily go higher but he isn’t considered the mauler that some others are and that will make his stock drop just a bit. He has great feet, a massive frame, and long arms. He is an ideal tackle in this type of offense. A WR isn’t out of the question.

28 – Cowboys – Andre Caldwell – WR – Florida – 6’0 205lbs – A super speedy and good sized WR that can split seams and get deep. He has huge hands and ran a sub 4.4 forty at the combine. He’ll team with TO and Patrick Crayton to form an excellent WR group in Dallas. Andre runs great routes and uses his body exceptionally well. A RB is an outside shot, but an O-Lineman is possible too.

29 – 49ers – (from Colts) – Gosder Cherilus – OT – Boston College – 6’6 317lbs – Gosder is more of a RT but he can play both tackle spots. He is a pure mauler that likes to get in the trenches and hit people. He has a massive frame and has good feet and excellent strength. The niners biggest needs are on the O-line but LB is definitely not out of the question either—Jerod Mayo is possible.

30 – Packers – Dustin Keller – TE – Purdue – 6’2 244lbs – Another in the Dallas Clark mold to come into the NFL. Keller has been timed at 4.49 and he will give Aaron
Rodgers a nice new target up the middle. He is more of an H-back than a pure TE but he has good bulk and the room to get even bigger, plus he has great hands and runs great routes. He’ll team with Donald Lee in the TE rotation.

31 – Giants – Jerod Mayo – OLB – Tennessee – 6’2 243lbs – He is an extremely active LB who can play both WILL or SAM. He should allow this defense more options to attack from day one. He isn’t a sack machine but he is an athletic guy and a huge tackling machine with a great heart for the game—he could go much higher. Dan Connor isn’t out of the question here.

2nd Round

32 - Dolphins – Dan Connor – OLB/MLB – Penn St. – 6’2 234lbs –

33 - Rams – Sam Baker – OT – USC – 6’4 312lbs –

34 - Falcons – Reggie Smith – CB – Oklahoma – 6’0 202lbs –

35 - Chiefs – Antoine Cason – CB – Arizona – 6’0 193lbs –

36 - Jets – Kenny Phillips – FS/SS – Miami – 6’2 213lbs –

37 - Falcons – Matt Forte – RB – Tulane – 6’1 218lbs –

38 - Ravens – Brandon Flowers – CB – Virginia Tech – 5’10 188lbs –

39 – 49ers – Mario Manningham – WR – Michigan – 6’0 183lbs –

40 - Saints – Mike Pollack – C/G – Arizona – 6’4 304lbs –

41 - Bills – Early Doucet – WR – LSU – 6’0 209lbs –

42 - Broncos – Earl Bennett – WR – Vanderbilt – 6’0 212lbs –

43 - Panthers – Brian Brohm – QB – Louisville – 6’3 229lbs –

44 - Bears – Chilo Rachal – G/T – USC – 6’6 326lbs –

45 - Lions – Pat Sims – DT – Auburn – 6’2 313lbs –

46 – Bengals – Erin Henderson – OLB – Maryland – 6’3 247lbs –

47 – Vikings – DeSean Jackson – WR/RM – Cal – 5’10 173lbs –

48 - Falcons – Dre Moore – DT – Maryland – 6’4 308lbs –

49 - Eagles – Lawrence Jackson – DE – USC – 6’4 274lbs –

50 - Cardinals -- Jonathan Stewart – RB – Oregon – 5’10 234lbs –

51 - Redskins – Jordy Nelson – WR – K-State – 6’3 218lbs --

52 - Tampa Bay – Erin Henderson – OLB – Maryland – 6’3 246lbs –

53 - Steelers – Malcolm Kelly – WR – Oklahoma – 6’4 224lbs –

54 - Titans – Tracy Porter – CB – Indiana – 5’10 186lbs –

55 - Seahawks – Fred Davis – TE – USC – 6’4 251lbs –

56 - Packers – Justin King – CB – Penn St. – 5’11 192lbs –

57 - Miami – Patrick Lee – CB – Auburn – 6’0 203lbs –

58 - Jaguars – Curtis Lofton – LB – Oklahoma – 6’0 249lbs –

59 - Colts – Kendall Langford – DT/DE – Hampton – 6’6 294lbs –

60 - Packers – Tony Hills – OT – Texas – 6’6 309lbs –

61 - Cowboys – Felix Jones – RB – Arkansas – 5’10 208lbs –

62 - Patriots – Chevis Jackson – CB – LSU – 6’0 193lbs –

63 - Giants – Josh Barrett – SS/FS – Arizona St. – 6’2 224lbs –

Complete Saints Draft:
1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – CB – Tenn. St. – 6’1 186lbs – Rookie starter.
2. Mike Pollack – C/G – Arizona St. – 6’4 303lbs – Rookie starter.
3. Marcus Harrison – DT – Arkansas – 6’3 319lbs – Heavy rotation as a rookie.
5. Cory Boyd – RB – South Carolina – 6’0 214lbs – Great back to groom.
6. Chris Horton – FS/SS – UCLA – 6’0 213lbs – Great depth for either safety spot.
7. Evan Moore – TE – Stanford – 6’5 238lbs – Great hands and mind.

I would love to add an extra third round pick or replace the fourth and possibly get another DB or DT

I like this right now, but FA could alter it some still. (COMPLETE SAINTS DRAFT AT END)

1st Round

1 – Dolphins – Chris Long – DE/OLB – Virginia – 6’3 275lbs – Bill Parcells loves this guy and he can play a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. He has great genes and a great heart. He loves to play and is one of the best DEs to come out in several years. I think Sedrick Ellis is a possibility here because he can play NT or 3-technique and is simply massive.

2 – Rams – Vernon Gholston – DE/OLB – Ohio St. – 6’3 268lbs – I’m not in love with this guy as much as some are, but he has awesome tools and is an equal athlete to Chris Long. He should at least be good and he could become great if his heart ever matches his talent. The Rams are in dire need of front seven help. Jake Long is possible here but Gholston makes more sense and is a better value.

3 – Falcons – Matt Ryan – QB – Boson College – 6’5 239lbs – They held onto Harrington and Redman, but they need to build around a young QB. Brian Brohm is still my favorite QB in this draft, but Ryan has the physical tools to be a Troy Aikman type of QB. He should be a much better (although not scarier) QB than Vick ever was. Darren McFadden isn’t out of the question here—neither is Jake Long or Glen Dorsey.

4 – Raiders – Sedrick Ellis – DT – USC – 6’1 312lbs – Al Davis wants Chris Long and loves Darren McFadden, but their front seven is decimated and they just resigned Fargas long term at RB. Ellis can step into the NT spot next to Tommy Kelly and start on day one if they get him signed. He’s not a big sacker but he is a playmaker who should’ve won the Outland and Lombardi awards.

5 – Chiefs – Jake Long – OT – Michigan – 6’7 316lbs – I keep hearing the term clean with Jake and I do like him but he isn’t the athlete that other top-ten tackles have been in recent years and in the film I’ve watched, he bends at the waist a little too much and lacks awesome balance. He is a fine talent though and the best overall tackle in the draft and the Chiefs need a LT more than anyone.

6 – Jets – Darren McFadden – RB – Arkansas – 6’1 213lbs – He is quite possibly the best player in the draft and he could go to the Falcons or the Raiders. Several teams will likely try to trade up to get his services if he is still here at 6 because despite a few idiots who think otherwise, he is special. The Jets need speed and playmakers and Darren fits both bills. He could be better than Adrian Peterson as a rookie. Glenn Dorsey is possible too if McFadden is gone—as is Keith Rivers.

7 – Patriots – (from 49ers) – Keith Rivers – OLB – USC – 6’2 243lbs – People are talking about a DB here but the Pats need to bring youth to their LBing corps. Their front seven needs strength and Rivers is easily the best LB in the draft. He can run and hit as well as anyone and is a four year starter as USC. He could start from day one and replace one of their aging LBers. A trade up for Gholston isn’t out of the question.

8 – Ravens – Glen Dorsey – DT – LSU – 6’1 299lbs – His lack of overall bulk hurts him a touch and his injury history knocks him out of the top-5. I like him but Ellis is a better overall player. Having said that, Dorsey has more than a little of Warren Sapp in him and can be very disruptive when healthy or excited. He will start at the 3-tech spot on day one. Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas are possible, as is Phil Merling.

9 – Bengals – Phillip Merling – DE – Clemson – 6’4 279lbs – He stands out on tape and is a pure DE in a 4-3 scheme that can play the pass with greatness and will get much better against the run. He can get bigger and shows great burst and pass rushing instincts; also, he is very stout at the point. He will immediately help the Bengal front seven. Quinton Groves isn’t out of the question.

10 – Saints – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – CB – Tennessee St. – 6’1 186lbs – Coming from a 1-AA school, he lacks great refinement (occasional extra steps) but he has simply awesome tools, size, and speed. His awareness and instincts are stellar and he breaks on the ball as quickly as anyone I’ve seen since Terrence Newman came out. He is also a very solid return man with the ability to make people miss. If Rivers or Dorsey falls, either could go here, but DB is more likely.

11 – Bills – Leodis McKelvin – CB – Troy – 5’10 192lbs – The Bills need speed and playmakers on both sides of the ball, but their lack of solid CB play hurt them last year. McKelvin is very instinctual and is a solid athlete from top to bottom. He needs reps and refinement but his ability is very good and his cover ability is needed here. Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas could go here, as could Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert.

12 – Broncos – Kentwan Balmer – DT – North Carolina – 6’4 311lbs – The Broncos could go WR or OT here but they are in desperate need for a DT and Balmer is massive and extremely strong at the point; also, he can be disruptive in the pocket and he seems to have great instincts. His hand and foot quickness really stand out as well. He will team with Marcus Thomas to form a solid DT tandem.

13 – Panthers – Ryan Clady – OT – Boise St. – 6’6 312lbs – The only real choice here is whether the Panthers take Clady or Brandon Albert or another O-lineman. Clady could fit in nicely at LT and he is the most athletic lineman in the draft and he has the most upside. The biggest hole on this team is their O-line. Clady makes more sense to me than Albert because of his experience at LT and I like him better than Otah or Williams.

14 – Bears Devin Thomas – WR – Michigan St. – 6’2 217lbs – The Bears Need WR and safety help, but WR must be a priority. Thomas is used to the cold weather and he could become a lethal weapon for whomever is playing QB. He is cat-quick and super fast, plus his size is outstanding. Is he a one year wonder, I do not think so, but he drops a few too many passes.

15 – Lions – Brandon Albert – OL – Virginia – 6’6 312lbs – The Lions have a good young team but they need depth and strength along the O-line and Albert can play inside or out—although he mostly played LG at UVA. He is very athletic and powerful and he should immediately help that young backfield by playing LG; also, he has the room to get bigger and stronger. Rashard Mendenhall isn’t out of the question here.

16 – Cardinals – Derrick Harvey – DE – Florida – 6’5 293lbs – The Cards need help at CB and D-line and RB and LB but the biggest need by far is at both the DE spot and the LB spot. Harvey is a massive DE who will fit well in this 3-4 defense and work opposite Darnell Dockett. Harvey is quick and extremely stout and athletic and can be very disruptive. He can stack the point and is a rock against the run, plus he has the size and athleticism to play inside at times. Aqib Talib or Rashard Mendenhall are both possible here.

17 – Vikings – Cliff Avril – OLB/DE – Purdue – 6’3 255lbs – Some people have timed him in the 4.4 range and he is cat-quick and explosive off of the snap—very similar to Demarcus Ware—but he has always played DE and he is now seen more as a SAM; however, I believe he can still be effective with his hand in the dirt as well as a DE. He is instinctive and active and is always in an opponent’s backfield. Either Chris Williams or Jeff Otah is very possible here too.

18 – Texans – Rashard Mendenhall – RB – Illinois – 5’10 227lbs – This is quite possibly the most overrated player in the draft but he is solid at hitting creases and he is stout and quick. He should be able to provide the Texans with a much more consistent running game. If Albert or Clady fall, either could go here, plus a WR like Limas Sweed is very possible.

19 – Eagles – Limas Sweed – WR – Texas – 6’4 216lbs – He will give McNabb options like he’s never had as an Eagle. Sweed, Curtis, and Reggie Brown should immediately form one of the best WR corps in the league. He will allow McNabb to expand the offense, and his size, speed, and talent will make him an instant star. He isn’t quite Roy Williams, but he is darn close. A DE or an OT is possible.

20 – Buccaneers – Mike Jenkins – CB – S. Florida – 5’10 199lbs – They need a CB and a WR the most. Jenkins is an ultra talented DB that can play bump coverage with the best of them; also, he could move into safety as well because of his range. He lacks height but he is cat quick and is one of the best return men in the country. James Hardy isn’t out of the question here either.

21 – Redskins – Quinton Groves – DE/OLB – Auburn – 6’3 253lbs – He can play either a rush end position or play OLB. He is a stellar athlete who has run faster than 4.55 at his size and he was the scariest pass rusher in the country last year, including Long and Gholston. A big WR like Malcolm Kelly isn’t out of the question—neither is Kenny Phillips at Safety.

22 – Cowboys – (from Browns) – Aqib Talib – CB – Kansas – 6’1 204lbs – The Pokes have been searching for someone to line up opposite Terrence Newman for a few years now and Talib is an instinctive and athletic CB who makes his share of plays. They have or will sign Pac-Man Jones but he is no sure thing. Talib needs to work on keeping his base low and not taking extra steps. I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see an O-lineman or a WR here either.

23 – Steelers – Jeff Otah – OL – Pitt – 6’6 323lbs – He’s a big local guy that can step in and play LG as a rookie (replace Fanneca) and possibly move outside later on. He is a mauler who simply loves to get in there and fight; plus, he has a nasty attitude. He isn’t the most athletic, but he is quick off the ball and has very quick hands. The Steelers biggest needs are on the O-line but LB isn’t out of the question either.

24 – Titans – Trevor Laws – NT – Notre Dame – 6’1 307lbs – The Titans want to beef up the D-line and Laws will be the perfect compliment to Albert Haynesworth. He is unbelievably disruptive and stout at the point. He is ideal for the nose but can play 3-tech too. He is very smart and quick and he should start early in Tennessee. Vince Young wants a dynamic WR to throw to and Malcolm Kelly is an option. Calais Campbell is possible at DE too.

25 – Seahawks – James Hardy – WR – Indiana – 6’5 218lbs – The Hawks want to make a serious run at the Super Bowl but they need WR help and Hardy is a special talent with size and great quickness. With his size, he can simply tower over most CBs and outmuscle them too. He is similar to a Larry Fitzgerald. A linear pass-catcher in the mold of Plaxico Burress. He is more fast than quick but he has an instinctual knack of where to be and when to be there. He fights hard and he loves to play. He has massive hands. Kenny Phillips is possible too.

26 – Jaguars – Calais Campbell – DE – Miami – 6’8 294lbs – He could be the next coming of Ed “Too Tall” Jones. Campbell is an instinctive and powerful DE who can also play outside and inside. He is stout against the run and he can be very disruptive, plus he has a simply huge wingspan and is pretty athletic. He needs refinement but he has great tools and a great heart. Jeff Otah is not out of the question here either.

27 – Chargers – Chris Williams – T/G – Vanderbilt – 6’6 317lbs – He should step in opposite Marcus McNeil immediately at RT. He could easily go higher but he isn’t considered the mauler that some others are and that will make his stock drop just a bit. He has great feet, a massive frame, and long arms. He is an ideal tackle in this type of offense. A WR isn’t out of the question.

28 – Cowboys – Andre Caldwell – WR – Florida – 6’0 205lbs – A super speedy and good sized WR that can split seams and get deep. He has huge hands and ran a sub 4.4 forty at the combine. He’ll team with TO and Patrick Crayton to form an excellent WR group in Dallas. Andre runs great routes and uses his body exceptionally well. A RB is an outside shot, but an O-Lineman is possible too.

29 – 49ers – (from Colts) – Gosder Cherilus – OT – Boston College – 6’6 317lbs – Gosder is more of a RT but he can play both tackle spots. He is a pure mauler that likes to get in the trenches and hit people. He has a massive frame and has good feet and excellent strength. The niners biggest needs are on the O-line but LB is definitely not out of the question either—Jerod Mayo is possible.

30 – Packers – Dustin Keller – TE – Purdue – 6’2 244lbs – Another in the Dallas Clark mold to come into the NFL. Keller has been timed at 4.49 and he will give Aaron
Rodgers a nice new target up the middle. He is more of an H-back than a pure TE but he has good bulk and the room to get even bigger, plus he has great hands and runs great routes. He’ll team with Donald Lee in the TE rotation.

31 – Giants – Jerod Mayo – OLB – Tennessee – 6’2 243lbs – He is an extremely active LB who can play both WILL or SAM. He should allow this defense more options to attack from day one. He isn’t a sack machine but he is an athletic guy and a huge tackling machine with a great heart for the game—he could go much higher. Dan Connor isn’t out of the question here.

2nd Round

32 - Dolphins – Dan Connor – OLB/MLB – Penn St. – 6’2 234lbs –

33 - Rams – Sam Baker – OT – USC – 6’4 312lbs –

34 - Falcons – Reggie Smith – CB – Oklahoma – 6’0 202lbs –

35 - Chiefs – Antoine Cason – CB – Arizona – 6’0 193lbs –

36 - Jets – Kenny Phillips – FS/SS – Miami – 6’2 213lbs –

37 - Falcons – Matt Forte – RB – Tulane – 6’1 218lbs –

38 - Ravens – Brandon Flowers – CB – Virginia Tech – 5’10 188lbs –

39 – 49ers – Mario Manningham – WR – Michigan – 6’0 183lbs –

40 - Saints – Mike Pollack – C/G – Arizona – 6’4 304lbs –

41 - Bills – Early Doucet – WR – LSU – 6’0 209lbs –

42 - Broncos – Earl Bennett – WR – Vanderbilt – 6’0 212lbs –

43 - Panthers – Brian Brohm – QB – Louisville – 6’3 229lbs –

44 - Bears – Chilo Rachal – G/T – USC – 6’6 326lbs –

45 - Lions – Pat Sims – DT – Auburn – 6’2 313lbs –

46 – Bengals – Erin Henderson – OLB – Maryland – 6’3 247lbs –

47 – Vikings – DeSean Jackson – WR/RM – Cal – 5’10 173lbs –

48 - Falcons – Dre Moore – DT – Maryland – 6’4 308lbs –

49 - Eagles – Lawrence Jackson – DE – USC – 6’4 274lbs –

50 - Cardinals -- Jonathan Stewart – RB – Oregon – 5’10 234lbs –

51 - Redskins – Jordy Nelson – WR – K-State – 6’3 218lbs --

52 - Tampa Bay – Erin Henderson – OLB – Maryland – 6’3 246lbs –

53 - Steelers – Malcolm Kelly – WR – Oklahoma – 6’4 224lbs –

54 - Titans – Tracy Porter – CB – Indiana – 5’10 186lbs –

55 - Seahawks – Fred Davis – TE – USC – 6’4 251lbs –

56 - Packers – Justin King – CB – Penn St. – 5’11 192lbs –

57 - Miami – Patrick Lee – CB – Auburn – 6’0 203lbs –

58 - Jaguars – Curtis Lofton – LB – Oklahoma – 6’0 249lbs –

59 - Colts – Kendall Langford – DT/DE – Hampton – 6’6 294lbs –

60 - Packers – Tony Hills – OT – Texas – 6’6 309lbs –

61 - Cowboys – Felix Jones – RB – Arkansas – 5’10 208lbs –

62 - Patriots – Chevis Jackson – CB – LSU – 6’0 193lbs –

63 - Giants – Josh Barrett – SS/FS – Arizona St. – 6’2 224lbs –

Complete Saints Draft:
1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – CB – Tenn. St. – 6’1 186lbs – Rookie starter.
2. Mike Pollack – C/G – Arizona St. – 6’4 303lbs – Rookie starter.
3. Marcus Harrison – DT – Arkansas – 6’3 319lbs – Heavy rotation as a rookie.
5. Cory Boyd – RB – South Carolina – 6’0 214lbs – Great back to groom.
6. Chris Horton – FS/SS – UCLA – 6’0 213lbs – Great depth for either safety spot.
7. Evan Moore – TE – Stanford – 6’5 238lbs – Great hands and mind.

I would love to add an extra third round pick or replace the fourth and possibly get another DB or DT
if we do this in the draft we will not make the playoffs we need a starting DT!!!!!!!

Like the Saints draft, but when I read down it and didn't see Glenn Dorsey in the top 5, I was convinced we'd be trading up. Well I hope that happens if the draft falls that way.
But I have a real hard time believing we'd pass on DeSean Jackson in the 2nd.
He fills our needs at WR, where we have no clear cut no. 2 or 3 as of now and we don't know where Meachem is at, and KR/PR, where we are probably one of the worst in the league, and Jackson has ability on par with Hester or Cribbs.
Or is Meachem is going well but Deuce is not, no way we pass on Stewart.

I need to seriously stop hypin Laws. He's movin on up that draft board too much for our #40 pick.

I understand getting an C/G, but with Sims, Moore and Lofton still there, I'd have to go with one of them.

good work, but like some said if dorsey falls past atlanta i think the saints need to start dealing

I don't see how that draft would be much of an impact to our team this year, and if
Dorsey falls below 5 we have to go up and get him.

I don't see how that draft would be much of an impact to our team this year, and if
Dorsey falls below 5 we have to go up and get him.

A starting CB, a starting center, and a DT used heavily in the rotation doesn't help immediately???

The ravens have almost no one beyond Ngata and they use a 4-3.

I doubt we trade up because we need picks, especially defensive picks.
The Ravens run a 3-4 IIRC. They interchange between 3-4 and 4-3 depending on Suggs, but primarily play the 3-4. They have Ngata to start in the 3-4, and Kelly Gregg to come in for the 4-3. Both are as dominant DTs as it gets and two of the best DTs in the league last year. If they draft Dorsey he is going to be a backup who sees time in a rotation. Waste of a pick IMO.

And as for trading, I think you are in the minority if you would take DRC and Marcus Harrison over Glenn Dorsey. Also if we trade away our third to get Dorsey we will probably trade out of the second and get more picks.

nice work and great effort !.... but DRC and especially mike pollack are major reaches on each of their picks.... that would not be loomis-like

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom