My first attempt at a mock draft. Bear with me (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I have some options at some rounds based on the need and availability since we'll get a clear picture of the situation after free agency ....

1st round --- trade back with rams to #22 for their 47th pick
PHILIP THOMAS (SS) / DION JORDAN(DE/OLB) if he is
available.
2nd round --- LOGAN RYAN(CB)/ JORDAN POYER(CB) . I like both. After watching P-ROB get abused by DEZ BRYANT, I have
completely lost faith in him. Time to move him at the Nickel position.
3rd round ..... BRANDON JENKINS (DE/OLB). We need a security blanket to
JORDAN, TEZ and GALLETE
4th round ...... BRANDON WILLIAMS (NT). Strong nose tackle prospect from
Missouri Southern who is projected to be a 5th or 7th round pick
5th round ...... JORDAN MILLS (OT) . Two year starter for LOUSIANA TECH.
Had a good senior bowl and is widely considered as a sleeper pick.
7th round ...... BRETT BAER (K). I'll be honest, I have no faith in GARRET
HARTLEY. I know he was the one who kicked it to get us to the SB
and he recorded 3 field goals in the SB but after that, we have lost
quite a few games because of him. This season, he missed it against
the cheifs which was under 30 yds and it led to the loss and who can
forget the miss against GREEN BAY.

Notes:- The 1st pick with PHILIP THOMAS is considering how good he is at the line of scrimmage and in coverage. HARPER is good at the line of scrimmage but I am done losing postseason games coz this guy can cover. Also, I believe we lost the 6th round pick in the BARRET RUUD trade.

I have some options at some rounds based on the need and availability since we'll get a clear picture of the situation after free agency ....

available.
2nd round --- LOGAN RYAN(CB)/ JORDAN POYER(CB) . I like both. After watching P-ROB get abused by DEZ BRYANT, I have
JORDAN, TEZ and GALLETE

Notes:- The 1st pick with PHILIP THOMAS is considering how good he is at the line of scrimmage and in coverage. HARPER is good at the line of scrimmage but I am done losing postseason games coz this guy can cover. Also, I believe we lost the 6th round pick in the BARRET RUUD trade.

Ive had to adjust my thinking.

The rams don't have a 2nd rounder. The next best trade partner is the Vikings. If Jonathan Banks slides to us they might be willing to trade up and grab him as another corner is a need for them.

I don't think we have a 7th rounder either.

Like the logic behind your picks. I think Safety/Corner will be out two biggest needs after going into FA. You can find a good NT and Rush OLB in FA in Aubrayo Franklin/Victor Butler

So it frees you up to go Safety/DB 1st rounder.

I notice the last few SR mocks have us taking a DB in the first round...

:scratch:

Ive had to adjust my thinking.

The rams don't have a 2nd rounder. The next best trade partner is the Vikings. If Jonathan Banks slides to us they might be willing to trade up and grab him as another corner is a need for them.

I don't think we have a 7th rounder either.

Why dont we have a 7th rounder? I know we lost 6th rounder to the SEAHAWKS but who did we lose the 7th rounder to?

Yeah based off of Rob Ryans history. He drafted Tyvon Branch/Nnamdi to Oakland and TJ Ward/Joe Haden to the Browns. Cowbows he brought Abram Elam to the team and then they drafted Mo Claiborne his 2nd year.

With that being said in my version of the Draft i have us grabbing

Matt Elam/David Amerson withour 1st n 2nd(after a trade)

Why dont we have a 7th rounder? I know we lost 6th rounder to the SEAHAWKS but who did we lose the 7th rounder to?

7th rounder i can't remember...but we didn't lose the 6th rounder to the Seahawks. We ended up waiving Barret Ruud

If the rush linebacker situation is taken care of in free agency then it leaves us with either CB or SS which we desperately need. I dont trust HARPER or P-ROB

If the rush linebacker situation is taken care of in free agency then it leaves us with either CB or SS which we desperately need. I dont trust HARPER or P-ROB

i understand ur thoughts about Prob but we have a bigger need a boundary corner than field corner

IF we draft Amerson in the 2nd round he and Corey White can compete for boundary corner.

That would leave Prob/Greer competing for field corner. Loser mans the slot with Johnny Patrick backing them up.

The boundary corner gets picked on a lot. Id rather have a guy like Amerson back there making QB's pay for it. We also get some size with a 6'3 199 corner.

Also if all the top pass rushers are gone.

i understand ur thoughts about Prob but we have a bigger need a boundary corner than field corner

IF we draft Amerson in the 2nd round he and Corey White can compete for boundary corner.

That would leave Prob/Greer competing for field corner. Loser mans the slot.

The boundary corner gets picked on a lot. Id rather have a guy like Amerson back their making QB's pay for it. We also get some size with a 6'3 199 corner.

AMERSON has had a lot of lucky INTs ... LOGAN RYAN and JORDAN POYER are consistent in man coverage ... I dont like AMERSON's coverage skills.

AMERSON has had a lot of lucky INTs ... LOGAN RYAN and JORDAN POYER are consistent in man coverage ... I dont like AMERSON's coverage skills.

Im aiming on him being coached up. No one knew who Nnamdi was before Rob Ryan got to him. While Poyer may be the better corner i think Amerson has better upside. He has the tools to be a physical corner and hopefully we have the coaches to coach up said tools

available.
JORDAN, TEZ and GALLETE

I like it but Thomas probably won't be taken before the 3rd. He whiffs on tackles alot.

Im aiming on him being coached up. No one knew who Nnamdi was before Rob Ryan got to him. While Poyer may be the better corner i think Amerson has better upside. He has the tools to be a physical corner and hopefully we have the coaches to coach up said tools
Amerson is an absolute animal and I wanted him when we had Spags but he can't play bump n run and that is what Rob runs. That was his biggest weakness and he struggles in man coverage too so that is a formula for disaster but he does have amazing zone skills and ball skills so I think he could be a good FS. But its not worth it for us IMO.

i don't see a strong safety going in the first round, Matt elam is by far the best SS and he will go in the 2nd on most mocks, I really would love to get him, also love FS tony jefferson and rambo

but 1st round corners for me would be :

Dee Milliner CB 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 198 1
Desmond Trufant CB 2 Washington Sr 5-11 190 1
Xavier Rhodes

and 2nd

would be banks and poyer

i don't see a strong safety going in the first round, Matt elam is by far the best SS and he will go in the 2nd on most mocks, I really would love to get him, also love FS tony jefferson and rambo

We are set at free safety .... both JENKINS and IAQ are good in coverage. IAQ I feel is slightly better and can jump the route. If he improves on his run defense then I think he'll snatch JENKINS's starting job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom