My FIRST ever mock draft (1 Viewer)

Lustmord

The Scourge of Christians
Reaction score
My first ever full 1st round mock draft

Possible trades:
I think the saints will try to trade down from 15 to pick up a 2 and maybe take margus Hunt (as pitt then take jones instead) at the bottom of rd 1 and Jamie Collins in the second
The falcons will try and trade up to get Dee Milliner
Bills will trade back into bottom of rd 1 and take Nassib
Geno smith falls out of first round completely but Jax takes him with their 34th pick
The two teams with 2 first rd picks (rams/vikes) will try and trade up to get Austin or Vaccaro respectively
49ers have 13 picks, they will package some of those to possibly move up and take a WR (austin?)

1 Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joekel OT
2 Jacksonville Jaguars -Eric Fischer, OT
3 Oakland Raiders - Shariff Floyd, DT
4 Philadelphia Eagles - Dion Jordan, OLB
5 Detroit Lions - Ziggy Ansah, DE
6 Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner
7 Arizona Cardinals - Matt Barclay , QB
8 Buffalo Bills- Star Lotulielei, DT
9 New York Jets -Barkavious Mingo, OLB
10 Tennessee Titans - Chance Wormack, OG
11 San Diego Chargers - Lane Johnson, OT
12 Miami Dolphins - Cordarelle Patterson, WR
13 New York Jets - Tavon Austin, WR
(from Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
14 Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Ricahrdson, DT
15 New Orleans Saints- Jarvis Jones, OLB
16 St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vacarro, S
17 Pittsburgh Steelers - Margus Hunt, DE
18 Dallas Cowboys - Xavier Rhodes, CB
19 New York Giants - Alec Ogletree, LB
20 Chicago Bears- Manti Teo, LB
21 Cincinnati Bengals - Matt Elam, S
22 St. Louis Rams - Keenan Allen, WR
(from Washington Redskins)
23 Minnesota Vikings - Kevin Minter, , LB,
24 Indianapolis Colts - DJ Fluker, OT
25 Minnesota Vikings- Tyler EIfert, TE
(from Seattle Seahawks)
26 Green Bay Packers- Eddie Lacy, RB
27 Houston Texans - Justin Hunter, WR
28 Denver Broncos - DJ Hayden, CB
29 New England Patriots - Bjorn Werner, DE
30 Atlanta Falcons - Desmond Trufant, CB
31 San Francisco 49ers - Zack Ertz, TE
32 Baltimore Ravens - Tank Carradine, OLB

Not bad for your first mock. I used to do one every year, but I've been so distracted trying to find a job I haven't even begun to study.

I think some of the picks you have here are virtual locks. 1, 2, definitely, and the Te'o pick. Vacarro to the Rams seems like a definite.

Good job.

sorry for the snarky response, but its draft day and i get ripped for sharing a mock draft? ***.

Do not see Arizona going QB over pass rusher or OL, especially not noodle armed Barclay. Buffalo as Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus at DT. They also have Torrel Troup supposedly healthy again, so I doubt they spend their first on DT, especially with this being such a deep DT draft. I do not see the Dolphins drafting Patterson that high, especially after doling out contracts to Wallace, Hartline and Gibson this offseason. MArgus Hunt will not go that high. Also you do not have Cooper going in the first.

Do not see Arizona going QB over pass rusher or OL, especially not noodle armed Barclay. Buffalo as Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus at DT. They also have Torrel Troup supposedly healthy again, so I doubt they spend their first on DT, especially with this being such a deep DT draft. I do not see the Dolphins drafting Patterson that high, especially after doling out contracts to Wallace, Hartline and Gibson this offseason. MArgus Hunt will not go that high. Also you do not have Cooper going in the first.

great points. thanks for the (appropriate) feedback.
I dont buy the lane johnson is an amazing athlete hype. barclay is the safest qb pick. yeah, i forgot about cooper completely. maybe slot him in to the colts instead of warmack?

I could live with that. Would love to see us get Jarvis. Best defensive player in the draft IMNHO

I couldn't be upset with jones but I am going to cringe tonight when we pass on Margus Hunt.

He ran faster than Dion Jordan and as fast as Mingo at the combine, but he is definitely going to slide to the second round.

It will be interesting to see whether the saints like Jones more than Rhodes like you have in your draft, if they both are available when they pick.

hunt is a perfect 3-4 5 tech. Hicks at nose, jordan and hunt at end. wow. then you hope butler/wilson/galette can bring the pressure

great points. thanks for the (appropriate) feedback.
I dont buy the lane johnson is an amazing athlete hype. barclay is the safest qb pick. yeah, i forgot about cooper completely. maybe slot him in to the colts instead of warmack?

I think the Cowboys would sprint to the podium if Cooper or Warmack is available for their pick. This is such a difficult draft to predict.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom