My First Mock Draft (EVER!) (1 Viewer)

For the Browns, Rubin played NT under Rob Ryan and Phil Taylor is a true NT also.

For the jets it's hard to project but Devito is a free agent.

For the chargers, Lotulelei is an upgrade over Luiget and Cam Thomas is a better NT.

Regardless, I'd like to see us trade a second or a first rounder to pick one of the top Defensive players like Star. Mostly all of the top 3-4 Defenses have at least one super star front 7 player, and while i think that hicks can be that guy here, if we are within striking distance of Lotulelei like in your scenario above I would love to go for a trade up.
For the Browns, I noticed that they had two NTs but they could possibly run something like an Under front where having two big NTs could work. I just projected edge rusher as a bigger need for them.

As for the Jets, I was operating under the assumption that they'd want to keep Devito but your correct, he could be an option there. I think if they go defense, edge is probably a higher priority because interior was a strength of their defense last year. At the end of the day, I think skill position is a huge need for the Jets - even with everyone predicting them to go edge rusher.

As for Lotulelei being an upgrade over Luiget, I think based off their college evaluation, you could make that assumption. With that said, besides Weddle, Luiget is arguably their best defensive player. I think with Reyes and Luiget, they are set at DE, like the Jets, and I don't think of Star as a NT (an opinion we share). Like the Browns and Jets, I think they go edge guy over interior.

I do agree that having interior guy up front that can get pressure makes the best defenses - especially how the Ravens, Texans, and 49ers so it with Watt, Ngata (when healthy), and Smith. It's hard for us to move up because we don't have a second and giving up our third would cripple us in a draft with a ton of depth. I also think Hicks can be that guy but at the end of the day, I'd love to have Star also - no such thing as too much talent!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom