My First Saints Mock and 53 man Roster (1 Viewer)

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I know that a lot of Mocks are out there but i had to through at least one up before I changed my mind again.

1st Round- Saints trade back to 19 and acquire Lito Sheppard. With Ellis and Dorsey off the board by the 7th pick the Saints make a move back in the first to 19 and pick up Lito Sheppard. I know there are mixed emotions about how valuable he is but the bottom line is that the Eagles want to move up to get a O Lineman and with the uncertainty surrounded around the MM injury and his age we need a CB to depend on and I do not think we should pass on a proven left side Pro Bowl caliber starter that still has 5 years on a contract that only pays him a max of 4.7 one season.
1st Round selection- Kentwan Balmer- I really almost went with Mayo here and i know he was a one hit wonder but the guy got new coaching this season which may have shown him the light. Plus Ogeron will get the whole Line moving.

2nd Round- I would not be surprised to see us move back again and pick back up a fourth rounder but one name still on the board makes the Saints make the pick at 40.
2nd round Selection- TRADE Jeramy Shocky- I know lots of people have mixed emotions again but the Giants want to move on and the Saints love the idea of having Shocky in the Black and Gold. We also through in our 6th....

3rd round- With one round going to D and one going to the O the Saints look for youth and depth.
3rd round selection- Erin Henderson- Morgan is a liability and at some point I am sure will be hurt.

5th round- Staying with the side the ball that needs the most work the Saints go with a guy who is kind of a project but is worthy of a 5th round selection.
5th round selection- Josh Barrett- Barrett is a good looking prospect could go late fourth with the lack of S talent but I think he will be a good special teamer and has a chance to be be a great pick

7th-Best K on the board but I am starting to like GRAMATICA

QB- Brees Brunell Palko
RB- Bush McAllister PT Stecker
FB- Karney
WR- Colston Henderson Green
WR- Patten Meachum Copper
TE- Shockey Miller Campbell
LT- Brown Bushrod
LG- Evans Alleman
C- Goodwin Lehr
RG- Evans Alleman
RT- Stinch Strief

LE- Grant McCray
DT- Balmer Young
NT- HT Klancy Harris
RE- Smith McCray
WLB- Morgan Henderson
MLB- Vilma Sim Mitchell
SLB- Fujita Evans
LCB- Sheppard Gay Glenn
RCB- MM Young
SS- Harper Reis Barrett
FS- KK Bullocks

K- Gramatica
P- Weatherford
LS- Houser
R- Green and Bush

I love trading down for Lito but Balmer scares me. Heck any dt scares me when you look at the history of busts in the first round for the dt position. Nice effort though.

I don't think we could afford to cut David so you can throw the Lito trade out the door. Also, why would you want a guy that's played 38% of the past 3 seasons?

I like the Lito & Shockey deals but don't like Balmer in round 1. I would look at LBs Connor or Lofton or possibly S Phillips or R. Smith at that point. Maybe then we can look at DT in Round 3. However , I also like your E. Henderson pick in round 3 if we do not draft the LB position in round 1.

I don't think we could afford to cut David so you can throw the Lito trade out the door. Also, why would you want a guy that's played 38% of the past 3 seasons?

I would rather him over any cCB on this team and considering that MM has a injury that may hold him out opening day we need to be ready to start the season without him.

if mm isn't ready, and i don't think he will be, you'll have gay and david starting... i don't think we lose a lot by moving from 10 to 19, especially factoring in picking up sheppard (who i like)... i like balmer @ 19 too, but i'd prefer connor, then maybe a DT in the 2nd or 3rd

I had to take a player for O in the second because I do not think Sean will be able to let the O stay as is and considering Shockey would be the best option at TE I figured throughing in a 6th would be the best way to get a TE. So with the 19th we would have to go DT IMO because we need it the most Balmer is the best DT on the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom