My first time experience at PAX south. (Days Gone, Jump Force, Layers of Fear 2, and Resident Evil 2) (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just recently got into gaming convention. I was able to dive into the showcase, conference, and some fun tournaments.

Days Gone - It’s fun, but giving me the biggest sense of Deja Vu with Last of Us. It's basically the same combat, crafting, story emphasis, linear story level design, and quite honestly... A pretty uninspiring setting for any zombie aftermath. The same tired storyline of lunatic bandits with very little self preservation. The giant hordes seem more like gimmicky boss fight than intergal part of the open world.

Resident Evil 2 - Bought it last night. Enough said.

Jump Force 2 - It was an interesting concept and it will definitely make a big following when it release. I enjoy arena combat games more than side scrolling. Fighting game elitist can suck it. Not big anime person, but game has lots of potential.

Layers of Fear 2 - Im pretty critical of walking simulaters and cheaply implemented hide and seek monster mechanics. Well, it's more of the same, but the game's theme is branching into film making and setting is on a ship. AA horror games are gonna have flaws, but I do enjoy them outside of their cliches.

Cory(God of War 4 director) - conference was pretty dope.

Then, lastly... Tournament. Board games and video games. Best I got was 3rd in a game that I never played. Fun times. Look forward to it next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom