My Free Agent Wish List (1 Viewer)

Barr was the best in 2015 for all linebackers (and yes he is a true linebacker, not inside Lb but Hightower plays outside alot also). Can he pass rush? Sure. Do we need a pass rushing, run stuffing, average against the pass, often injured linebacker? No, we already have one in Ellerbe.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-pff-stat-chat-vikings-lb-anthony-barr/

At just under 25%. Hightower is right there with him... 12 mil a year would be a steal if he keeps playing at the same level he has been.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I would rather save 6 million a year, throw that at Trumaine Johnson and Melvin Ingram, then trade up and draft Foster or even Lattimore, and grab Kendell Beckwith in the 3rd.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I would rather save 6 million a year, throw that at Trumaine Johnson and Melvin Ingram, then trade up and draft Foster or even Lattimore, and grab Kendell Beckwith in the 3rd.

This is from 2016

Pro Football Focus rated Hightower as their 12th best graded inside linebacker with a +85.7 overall grade this past season–including a +76.4 grade as a pass rusher (which was second best at the position).

So 2nd best pass rushing ILB in the league this year.

I would rather save the Melvin Ingram money and draft a pass rusher at 11. 15+ million is ridiculous. But he will get it from somebody. I just hope it's not us.

I think everyone can agree on going after a top corner and guard. I just don't feel like the top pass rushers are worth what they'll get paid. I wouldn't mind Andre Branch or some other mid tier guy, but I would definitely pass on Ingram and JPP.

I think everyone can agree on going after a top corner and guard. I just don't feel like the top pass rushers are worth what they'll get paid. I wouldn't mind Andre Branch or some other mid tier guy, but I would definitely pass on Ingram and JPP.

I personally don't think we are as bad off at pass rusher as everyone thinks, but Sean said pass rusher and corner are must gets, so might as well get the best on the market. Our base defense could possibly look like:

D-Line: Jordan,Rankins/Onyemata, Davison, Ingram

Linebacker: Anthony, Beckwith, Brown

dB's : Johnson, Vacarro, Byrd/Bell, Lattimore/Breaux

On 3rd downs we could possibly look like:

D-Line: Kikaha, Jordan, Rankins, Ingram

Linebacker: Beckwith/Brown

dB's: Johnson, Breaux, Vacarro, Bell, Byrd, Lattimore

That's the talent of a top 5 defense. Even if Kikaha comes back slowly, Gwachum, and Edibali are no slouches, and I wouldn't mind mind drafting a 3rd down pure pass rusher in the 2nd-5th round (wherever we don't take Beckwith).

Melvin Ingram, Stephon Gilmore, Zach Brown, and Ronald Leary would be my dream free agency haul and it would essentially allow us to go BPA in the draft.

I personally don't think we are as bad off at pass rusher as everyone thinks, but Sean said pass rusher and corner are must gets, so might as well get the best on the market. Our base defense could possibly look like:

D-Line: Jordan,Rankins/Onyemata, Davison, Ingram

Linebacker: Anthony, Beckwith, Brown

dB's : Johnson, Vacarro, Byrd/Bell, Lattimore/Breaux

On 3rd downs we could possibly look like:

D-Line: Kikaha, Jordan, Rankins, Ingram

Linebacker: Beckwith/Brown

dB's: Johnson, Breaux, Vacarro, Bell, Byrd, Lattimore

That's the talent of a top 5 defense. Even if Kikaha comes back slowly, Gwachum, and Edibali are no slouches, and I wouldn't mind mind drafting a 3rd down pure pass rusher in the 2nd-5th round (wherever we don't take Beckwith).

I expect us to keep using a 3 safety base defense. I think Anthony is back at MLB or on the bench. Don't think SLB worked out for him.

Melvin Ingram, Stephon Gilmore, Zach Brown, and Ronald Leary would be my dream free agency haul and it would essentially allow us to go BPA in the draft.

Why Leary (a LG) over Warford/Zeitler (RGs)?

My FA wish list
Ronald Leary...G
Nick Farley... DT
Melvin Ingram...OLB
Trumaine Johnson.... CB

Why Leary (a LG) over Warford/Zeitler (RGs)?

I'm not really that convinced that Leary can't make the shift to RG if need be. I also think there was legit interest last year.

I mean, obviously I'd prefer Zeitler, but I wanted to keep my wish list somewhat realistic.

This is from 2014, but 30% is ridiculous. Nobody else in the league gets pressure on 30% of their pass rush snaps.

This doesn't confirm anything. Hightower is a blitzer, not a passrusher, so those high #'s may be more of a product of well designed blitz schemes that gets him a free rush combined with his ability to win 1 on 1's (have to give him some credit) when he does see opposition.

Similar...Ellerbe isn't a great passrusher, but he can blitz, and he can win 1 on 1's with his ability.

After reading this I can definitely get behind signing Hightower. I never realized he was such a good blitzer... As long as we can nab a top CB he would make a heck of an add. Correct me if I am wrong, but he also has basically been NE defensive 'qb' too, calling their plays etc? He could really provide a couple big needs for our defense.

I expect us to keep using a 3 safety base defense. I think Anthony is back at MLB or on the bench. Don't think SLB worked out for him.

I think it will depend on Anthony if we run 3lb's or 3 safeties. If he comes along under Nolan, then I think they will give him every chance out on the field.

My wishlist would include Tommy Parsons but he is no longer in football shape. He looks like the hulk but has no speed at his size.

Gerald Hodges ILB SF, Mario Addison DE CAR,Kayvon Webster CB DEN, Larry Warford G DET

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom