My God...he wants to mobilize the National Gaurd and deploy to...the USA. (1 Viewer)

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
The immigration problem in this country has been exaggerated to the point of absurdity.

The type of responses that Trump has suggested are not warranted.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I just got a news notification on my phone that said he's thinking of deploying 100,000 troops within our own borders to round up illegal immigrants. Didn't get to read the link yet (at work) but I assume this is the same mobilization. If he does this, I will be ashamed to be American.

This is a fan site of the New Orleans Saints. A city that would cease to exist right now if it weren't for the illegal immigrants who were willing to rebuild this city, living in tents in City Park for a couple months right after the storm. Where are the American citizens scrambling to harvest berries and work in restaurant kitchens and as hospital orderlies etc?

It's been stated 1,000,000,000 times already, but until you go after those employing the illegal immigrants and start throwing them in jail and fining them out the ***, nothing is going to change.

Mobilizing the military to deport illegal immigrants is just stupid...and expensive.

ETA:

From the start of the article:

and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana.
Thanks for rebuilding our city, then assimilating and contributing to the local economy when you decided to stay after the storm rebuild was complete, but now get the **** out of here you despicable, lazy, handout seeking, piece of work. So what if you've built a family since coming here? You're going home, but the kids can stay. We don't care that you haven't been to Guatemala since you were 4 years old in 1985. Go back "home."

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a news notification on my phone that said he's thinking of deploying 100,000 troops within our own borders to round up illegal immigrants. Didn't get to read the link yet (at work) but I assume this is the same mobilization. If he does this, I will be ashamed to be American.

This is a fan site of the New Orleans Saints. A city that would cease to exist right now if it weren't for the illegal immigrants who were willing to rebuild this city, living in tents in City Park for a couple months right after the storm. Where are the American citizens scrambling to harvest berries and work in restaurant kitchens and as hospital orderlies etc?

It's been stated 1,000,000,000 times already, but until you go after those employing the illegal immigrants and start throwing them in jail and fining them out the ***, nothing is going to change.

Mobilizing the military to deport illegal immigrants is just stupid...and expensive.
Not to mention a gosh darneded obscenity. Armed troops going through our own streets, rounding people up?

W
T
Everloving
F!?!!??!

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Mobilizing an army to "take care" of immigrants huh....yeah that doesn't sound a thing like Nazi Germany. Not at all....

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Perdue, Tyson, and ConAgra will fight this tooth and nail.

I'm surprised Frump doesn't form his own brigades of jack-booted thugs to do his bidding.

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score
I'm surprised Frump doesn't form his own brigades of jack-booted thugs to do his bidding.
I really wouldn't be shocked if he ends up trying to use defense contractors to do this job in states where governors refuse to let him use their NG and local police aren't playing ball with his plans.

JimEverett

Reaction score
The story says there have times the national guard has been used on immigration missions, what were those details?

Also, the white house has strongly denied this story, but white house aides have said it has been floated around.

The learning curve is steep.

Zanedavis1

Reaction score
The silver lining here is that the guard would remain under state control, and the state governments would have to decide whether or not to participate IF this turns out to be true.

"The troops would not be nationalized"

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The story says there have times the national guard has been used on immigration missions, what were those details?

Also, the white house has strongly denied this story, but white house aides have said it has been floated around.

Bush 2 did it and Obama did it. However, the scales and the missions of the deployments should be the focus.

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The memo is addressed to the then-acting heads of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. It would serve as guidance to implement the wide-ranging executive order on immigration and border security that President Donald Trump signed Jan. 25. Such memos are routinely issued to supplement executive orders.

Also dated Jan. 25, the draft memo says participating troops would be authorized "to perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States." It describes how the troops would be activated under a revived state-federal partnership program, and states that personnel would be authorized to conduct searches and identify and arrest any unauthorized immigrants.

Requests to the White House and the Department of Homeland Security for comment and a status report on the proposal were not answered.
So wait...Spicer is saying that this report is 100% false, but they're sourcing the actual memos for their information. How does that work?

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score

While National Guard personnel have been used to assist with immigration-related missions on the U.S.-Mexico border before, they have never been used as broadly or as far north.
I would guess that they were called in to assist with border patrols and arrests since they've only ever been deployed to the border. Or to assist in spying on the Mexican side of the border using military grade equipment that the Border Patrol likely doesn't have.

And while the White House may be denying the story, the story is sourcing the actual memos, not a staffer's opinion of the memos.

JimEverett

Reaction score
So wait...Spicer is saying that this report is 100% false, but they're sourcing the actual memos for their information. How does that work?
I think spicer is saying the white house is not "considering" the proposal.
Apparently this is something that dhs has come up with but has not sent to the white house yet?

insidejob

Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I think spicer is saying the white house is not "considering" the proposal.
Apparently this is something that dhs has come up with but has not sent to the white house yet?
The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

The 11-page document calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana.

Four states that border on Mexico are included in the proposal — California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas — but it also encompasses seven states contiguous to those four — Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said the AP report was "100 percent not true" and "irresponsible." ''There is no effort at all to utilize the National Guard to round up unauthorized immigrants," he said.

Governors in the 11 states would have a choice whether to have their guard troops participate, according to the memo, written by U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general.
Yeah, apparently it was written by Homeland and they're supposedly not considering it. I just wonder if they're "not considering it" because of the information being leaked. I mean, wouldn't it have been his administration that asked for the order/memos to be drawn up according to some guidelines proposed by his administration? Isn't that how this typically works? Genuine questions.

And Spicer actually doesn't deny that the memos are being considered. He says that there is currently no effort at all to utilize the National Guard to round up unauthorized immigrants. Well, yeah. The order hasn't been drawn up yet. It's still being drafted, so of course they aren't being used as of right now.

WhoDatPhan78

Reaction score
With this white house, they could be "not considering it" because they've already decided to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom